Lightning

Snake Venom...It's bad,bad stuff!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2000 | 11:33 AM
|
Talking Snake Venom...It's bad,bad stuff!!!

This is loooong,but you'll see why!

I'm on my way to do evaluations for a youth hockey organization and I'm way early,I decide to pull into a BP to get a drink and what do my eyes see in the parking lot? A gleaming Viper GTS,blue w/ white stripes!
The driver is walking out w/ a Mtn Dew in hand,I say "Nice car.",he says "Thanx."
Doesn't say anything about my truck?!?! Ummmm,hey,what the heck?! Oh well. He starts out of the lot,I think to myself "this my never happen again,may as well give it a whirl!"
I get my drink(gatorade)and hop in my truck and got to get me some!
I catch him like a mile and a half later at light,he's in front of me and next to me is a couple of kids in a Prelude gawking at the Viper(can't blame em!) then they look at my truck and gawk some more(cool) then they point at the Viper,I yell that I intend on given him a go.
Light changes he rolls out slow,I stay close and beep,the Prelude lets me in front of him so I'm next to the Viper,I lurch forward...Nothing from him. I lurch again...Nothing. I stomp on it,and then slow up,now he gets the idea! He comes roaring up,and we slow down a bit,we're side by side at about 45 he lurches and I take off I had him till like 70(by like 1/2 of a car) and then bye bye,he was off. He slows up, I catch him and we slow back down to like 60,he give thumbs up,I do the same and I look over at the other side of the road and going the other way...Another Viper! A red one! Unbelievable!
I jump in front of the GTS and pull a Uey and so does the GTS! I catch up to the red Viper and get next to him I lurch and he knows what I want! He lurches and we slow down to like 35 and hit it( I went a bit early,opps)I pull out by a little less than a car and he starts inchin on me until we're like even at 80 and then he slowly pulls to a half car,3/4 car and hes leaves me like 5-6 cars back(I'm at like 120). He slows down and I catch up,thumbs up again! A look back in the rear view reveals...The GTS,I let him by and the Vipers stage at like 30 and hit it! It was nice to watch,I sat that one out,I had enough Venom for one day. It was awesome!
I had(until yesterday) only seen 2 Vipers on the road in my life,to be able to "run" 2 in the space of less then 10 minutes was a HUGE thrill.Add two losses into the L column,but they were well worth it!

Hitman

Old 05-08-2000 | 02:04 PM
So ur truck is heavily modded right?

------------------
1998 Mustang Cobra Convertible
3.73's, bassani x pipe, griggs subs, apex clutch, march pullies, pro 5.0 shifter, chrome cobra R wheels

Old 05-08-2000 | 09:11 PM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
I bet that was fun. I have come across 3 Vipers now in my truck. The last one happened today, on my way home from the gas station. Once, again, he did not want to run. Older fellow, with a bud, there wee on their way to the Luxor. Anyhow, we lined up, and the light turned green, so gave iit half throttle, and they just sat there, like they were in a Honda Civic. Ohwell, I hear those things are quick.

Could someone please post a timeslip cause otherwise I won't beleive they are faster than my truck! I know they have a v10, but they are not supercharged. They have wide tires, too, but they are just for show, thats what my friend says. It is low to the ground for better handling, thats why people buy them, not just for the mid 13 sec 1/4. )

Old 05-08-2000 | 09:35 PM
Banned
I ran 2 Vipers a while back.

One was the older open ****pit version, only raced him from 45-70, I stayed right there.

The next was a new silver and blue striped hard top, man I quit after about 60mph, he won hands down 2-3? cars up to 60 and pulling? Geezzzzz.

I think even with a chip and filter I'm a little down in power on the bottom, but it makes it really easy to launch. I only make 250rwhp @ 3000rpm and 350wrhp @ 5500, if memory serves me correctly.

Hell here's a 80mph to 115mph 3 gear dyno run, why don't others post dyno runs more often?

[img]http:\\www.pauldavidson.com\image3.jpg[/img]

I compared this dyno run to another L that only had a stock K&N in stock airbox and I think a JBA exhaust. I made about 40rwhp over him all the way from 3000 - 5000rpm with a custom chip, MAF and filter. But I see some stock 00 L's are very close to mine after my mods. I wonder how they would stand up to me after a chip and filter, maybe Ford has already addressed this and they will only make 15rwhp more and then we're still even.

[This message has been edited by f1car (edited 05-08-2000).]

Old 05-08-2000 | 09:47 PM
Wink

in popular mechanics acceleration nation article, we all like the fact that the #13 entry of 13 vehicles was the SVT-L. we also like the fact that is ran 13.6@101 bone stock. the viper was the #1 vehicle in that test at 12.0@118. it's advantage is 7lbs/hp, whereas our disadvantage is 13lbs/hp. if you were to try maybe a 100hp shot of nitrous and a bunch of other mods, then you would probably lose,smell like rotton eggs, and realize you were driving a 5000lb pickup truck.

Old 05-08-2000 | 11:28 PM
|
Both these guy had to have been toyin w/ me,like we toy w/ Dak R/T's. Even though I know that what's was happening and I got walked badly I still had fun! So if I shed 1000 lbs and ad about 4000k worth of mods I can hang longer right ?
Hitman

Old 05-09-2000 | 12:50 AM
PFA
I saw a Viper at our slippery track here in Milan, MI last year run some high 11's.

Quick Reply: Snake Venom...It's bad,bad stuff!!!