Lightning

Power Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Questions

O.k...I'm gonna be installing my new Stieg. stage 4 ported and polished blower, tb, and plenum this weekend! Thats awsome, but what I need to know is do you guys think with the porting, and the 4lb lower, and a cai, will i make to much boost for the stock bottom end? I know it basically depends on the tune, the driver, and the truck, but what will i see on the charts?

Old 04-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I think I made ~420/490 with the stage 1 port & 4# pulley. That was with a tune from Sal. Have you read the thread on NLOC? Some people were having trouble with the stage 4 port job.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks SharpShooter since no one else ever frikin replies to any of my post anymore. I must have pissed these guys off or something? I guess I'm just a lighting owner a-stray with no guidence. This is worse than being a vett owner at this stage!

Old 04-14-2006, 08:07 AM
With a good tune you should be okay. You shouldn't have too much boost for the bottom end, but you might have too much air flow for you MAF. With basically the same combo as you, I pegged mine on a Mustang Dyno and had to get a MAFia.

David

Old 04-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by 5.4HorroR
O.k...I'm gonna be installing my new Stieg. stage 4 ported and polished blower, tb, and plenum this weekend! Thats awsome, but what I need to know is do you guys think with the porting, and the 4lb lower, and a cai, will i make to much boost for the stock bottom end? I know it basically depends on the tune, the driver, and the truck, but what will i see on the charts?
With the 4lb. the most boost you'll see is 14 probably. Lots of people are running more on the stock block with zero problems. Stieg. recommends a 6lb. lower to realize the full potential of the port. Best to get a dyno tune with A/F to be safe.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by 5.4HorroR
Thanks SharpShooter since no one else ever frikin replies to any of my post anymore. I must have pissed these guys off or something? I guess I'm just a lighting owner a-stray with no guidence. This is worse than being a vett owner at this stage!
No, if you don't have a million posts, the bigger name people here don't even respond or take a look at the post. Just my .02$

Rich

Sorry to hi-jack, but what part of Ohio are you in?

Old 04-14-2006, 02:34 PM
you should be fine with the 4lb and port.. just get a tune from someone who knows what they're doing. you are going to be pretty close to pegging your MAF though. I think you'll be fine with the warmer spring/summer weather, but maybe a retune in the winter? I also woudln't guess you'd see any more boost than 14, mayyyybeee 15 on a super cold day.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:27 AM
I live in LIberty Center...about 20 min. from Toledo

Quick Reply: Power Questions