Lightning

Built motor Q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006 | 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by SWThomas
Why did you sell it again? I am a little confused as to why you would install a bar and then sell it because of that. Was it because you didn't like it or are you just a fickle person? No flame intended...
I am in no way fickle, that is for sure.
I installed the bar because when you start trapping 130MPH things could get ugly really fast if something goes wrong at the end of the track. Not that I think they ever would, but you never truely know.
My truck was a 95% street driven vehicle. The roads here aren't the greatest. The swingouts were pretty noisey and that was a big turn-off for me. The smallest noise would travel thru all the bars and be amplified. I am sure I could have done something to stop it but just the fact that the bar was in there is what bother me the most. I just never should have taken that step with the truck with the truck.
Also, just for the record, Rhodes did an awesome install on the cage and I would recommend them to anyone. Ron answered all my questions along the way as well as sent me pics of the progress.
I bought my Lightning new and owning it almost 5 years it is the longest I have owned a vehicle so I thought maybe it was time to change it up a little and do another project.
Another reason and one of the main reasons is these trucks are not FAST on the street, sure they are quick but that don't have that scary fast feeling you get with 500RWHP cars. My old 03' Cobra with 484RWHP would have wiped the floor with my 10.36 Lightning on the street. HaHa.
I am sure I will get back into a Lightning one day. But for now I have a Z06 to make fast.
Sorry for the thread hi-jack!!!!

Old 04-21-2006 | 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by SVT F15O
My old 03' Cobra with 484RWHP would have wiped the floor with my 10.36 Lightning on the street.
I have to disagree with that comment.......... And I am speaking from experience; not hating, just speaking from what has happened to me.

BTW; I can't bring myself to cage my truck......

Old 04-21-2006 | 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Casey02L
I have to disagree with that comment.......... And I am speaking from experience; not hating, just speaking from what has happened to me.

My point was my 10.36 Lightning at the track was no where near a 10.36 on the street. The truck is just too damn heavy. Owning both at the same time I know which was faster. My Cobra scared me at times. -Mat-

Old 04-21-2006 | 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Casey02L
Me either.

Quick Reply: Built motor Q's