Lightning

Removed bed and changed fuel pumps...pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006 | 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
My pumps were changed this weekend as well. The tank was dropped with the truck on stands. Pumps installed. The tank was jacked back into place and re-attached. It took a little over an hour; and, no damage was done to the vehicle. The tank was half full, too. This way is much easier and quicker than removing the bed. No need for that... Unless you're going to clean the frame, I guess.
Yeah done it that way too.
Easy job even with a half full tank.

Old 04-20-2006 | 01:17 AM
Global Moderator &
Hangers coulda been easier but its not bad once you figure out something that works for you.
and would have been nice to have the shims i needed when i had everything tore down and have access to the correct tools. If you dont have a longer bolt that goes through all of your leaf springs, well it also goes right through the bottom of the shim, and if you ad in a thicker shim, it gets really complicated to get the nut started threading. Then again i was doing it on my garage floor by myself only using my truck's factory bottle jack. And if you choose to try to leave your factory shim in there too, you will more then likely also need longer U bolts.

And i stand corrected. I crawled under my truck and there is only one disconnect. I was confused for a min. then i figured out what i was looking at. One side has the main wires running inside the frame, and splits to go to trailer wiring, and then the rest goes to the connector. The connector runs to tails, license plate lights. And when you unplug it, the bed can get pulled up away from the frame set of wires, again you have to unseat the license plate lights, but yea....

And this is comparing how much of the factory rivet is left compared to the bolt that was replacing it. (Grade 8 bolts / Hardware)
Each one of those heads, was a seperate rivet.... 4 rivets shown

-Patrick

Last edited by Patman; 04-20-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-20-2006 | 10:04 AM
|
crap

And i stand corrected. I crawled under my truck and there is only one disconnect. I was confused for a min. then i figured out what i was looking at. One side has the main wires running inside the frame, and splits to go to trailer wiring, and then the rest goes to the connector. The connector runs to tails, license plate lights. And when you unplug it, the bed can get pulled up away from the frame set of wires, again you have to unseat the license plate lights, but yea....
Mine doesn't have that. It would be easier the next time no doubt. Mine has 1 harness that goes to the back. The only disconnect is the trailor harness.

What year is your truck...03?

Mine is a 2000, #621. Maybe they changed them??

Old 04-20-2006 | 01:05 PM
Global Moderator &
Its an 03, but its also not a Lightning, maybe that has to do with it....
my trailer harness was already pre wired. and what not. Idk wierd tho to see small changes like that
-Patrick

Quick Reply: Removed bed and changed fuel pumps...pics inside.