Lightning

Looks As If The "l" Will Survive!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006 | 05:19 AM
|
Exclamation Looks As If The "L" Will Survive!!!!!!

It looks like they are scaling back the SVT line to only include the GT 500 and what sounds like a future Lightning!!!! That's some news I've been waiting to here. Here's the link:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../60417001/1041

Last edited by esg928; 04-21-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-21-2006 | 05:25 AM
sweet hopefully they hold to that id like to see another L

Old 04-21-2006 | 09:29 AM
Going forward, Ford will offer one high-performance Mustang and one high-performance truck in its lineup,
Fields, Ford's president of the Americas, wouldn't say what kind of truck is in the works or when it would debut.
They NEVER said Lightning

They said a future TRUCK - Based on most recent press releases the Sport Trac has to be the top contender for that TRUCK

Old 04-21-2006 | 09:55 AM
I wonder IF they do make a SVT truck or truck-like vehicle, if it will even be supercharged?

Old 04-21-2006 | 08:47 PM
Exclamation

They have a name and fanbase with the Lightning and SVT.... They should just stick to making Lightnings on the truck side....new and improved. SVT badged and all just like the way it should be. Dodge has SRT and Ford should have SVT. And supercharged... a must for me. It just gives it that head turning sound that you rarely ever hear. Any vehicle can be made to have a good exhaust sound, but how many vehicles out there have that head turning supercharger whine? The "whine" gave the L one of it's "special" signatures. It lets you know this just aint' no regular f150 when you get down on the gas. They had something going so good with the Lightning, why **** with something good?

My personal vote goes to a new and updated SVT Lightning, supercharged and all, and nothing else.

Old 04-21-2006 | 08:55 PM
A few weeks back I watched something very interesting on TV about Ford and SVT. First fact I found out was SVT was actually very profitable for Ford.
They also said right this second the entire SVT team has been broken apart, seperated, and most sent back down to even assembly line jobs

Unfortunately outside the Stang Ford has nothing in performance, and this after they've pissed off everyone by showing us "and then pulling" project after project (that they claimed was coming to market). They're getting their asses whooped by Dodge, and even kicked by Cheby.

Oh ya
and MR Ford is a real A$$ Hoooooooole (as baby Focker would say)
Every entire car maker is out there pumping out 500 - 600 HP Cars and Trucks. Twin turbos, twin superchargers, you name it, and then there's MR (say it baby focker) worrying about alternate fuel. Who gives a rats a$$,
I'll prob be dead in 10 years (or sooner if one of those crazy religion people my *** figure out how to drop a nuclear bomb on us)

WOO HOO I feel like that Rooney Dude
OR SOMETHING ???

Quick Reply: Looks As If The "l" Will Survive!!!!!!