Lightning

Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006 | 11:48 PM
Rob,

What fuel where you running in the truck the day you ran the 11.6x's?

Old 04-23-2006 | 01:42 AM
c16

Old 04-23-2006 | 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
been there, done that, got the t shirt as the saying goes. has anyone not had a disappointing day at the track?

what do you feel your right about?

it "appears" that even on a breakin tune your truck runs good and jdm has informed you that you simply need to come in for your aggresive tune that was part of the package... so why all the drama what else are you looking for from this?

OK KIDS - WHERE GOING TO PUT THIS POST TO REST FOR GOOD!

The problem is that Rob believed he had his "kill" tune in the truck when we went to the track. Jim did what was right because the motor was new and Jim gave Rob a "break in" tune because he didnt want Rob to grenade another motor or have any issues with the new set up. We can all agree that there was a misscommunication somewhere! Wether your a fan of JDM or not, you have to agree that Jim has the best intentions in mind for you and I know this first hand. Some of you are going to say, "well I paid for it so I should get what I want". Fine, If you want to take that chance - see ya in a few weeks when you blow it up again. Rob has stated all along that he loves the new motor and that it runs like a raped ape on the street. Rob was also aware that he had to come back to the shop at some point to get the truck re-tuned (free of charge) so he could make some killer passes at the track eventually. The second he made a pass I knew it wasnt up to its potential and that he had a break in tune in it. Rob had a good idea of this too. I understood Robs dissapointment and Vinnie and I discussed it at great length with Rob that night. Rob however,in his infinite wisdom after brewing for several hours decided to take it to the boards feeling he was lied to by Jim - This is where Rob made the biggest mistake!
(not the first time either)
Now I will tell you that Jim is very upset with Rob at going to the boards to air out his anger and I dont blame Jim for feeling this way. Rob you should have contacted Jim directly and stated your displeasure instead of doing it here amongst other avenues! I understand that you were upset and felt that you had every right to feel that way. If I was in your shoes I probably would have felt the same way but I would never have put it on here for the world to see, comment on and crank you up over. YOU WERE WRONG.
Now we have to mend some broken fences but hopefully Rob you have learned a lesson. That is that when you have an issue with something, Dont let your pride blind your judgment on the bigger picture becuase you may lose a friend in the process.
Rob - You can get mad at me for saying this to you but I am so damn tired of all the b.s. about this that my head is gonna explode and im not the only one!
Your still my friend and I dont want to see you hurt yourself anymore than you already have over this so once again - Lets put it to bed! - Mike
(rant off)

Old 04-23-2006 | 02:39 AM
It's like the movie Groundhog Day.

Old 04-23-2006 | 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by mike00L

The problem is that Rob believed he had his "kill" tune in the truck when we went to the track. Jim did what was right because the motor was new and Jim gave Rob a "break in" tune because he didnt want Rob to grenade another motor or have any issues with the new set up. We can all agree that there was a misscommunication somewhere! Wether your a fan of JDM or not, you have to agree that Jim has the best intentions in mind for you and I know this first hand. Some of you are going to say, "well I paid for it so I should get what I want". Fine, If you want to take that chance - see ya in a few weeks when you blow it up again. Rob has stated all along that he loves the new motor and that it runs like a raped ape on the street. Rob was also aware that he had to come back to the shop at some point to get the truck re-tuned (free of charge) so he could make some killer passes at the track eventually. The second he made a pass I knew it wasnt up to its potential and that he had a break in tune in it. Rob had a good idea of this too. I understood Robs dissapointment and Vinnie and I discussed it at great length with Rob that night. Rob however,in his infinite wisdom after brewing for several hours decided to take it to the boards feeling he was lied to by Jim - This is where Rob made the biggest mistake!
Now I will tell you that Jim is very upset with Rob at going to the boards to air out his anger and I dont blame Jim for feeling this way. Rob you should have contacted Jim directly and stated your displeasure instead of doing it here amongst other avenues! I understand that you were upset and felt that you had every right to feel that way. If I was in your shoes I probably would have felt the same way but I would never have put it on here for the world to see, comment on and crank you up over. YOU WERE WRONG.
Now we have to mend some broken fences but hopefully Rob you have learned a lesson. That is that when you have an issue with something, Dont let your pride blind your judgment on the bigger picture becuase you may lose a friend in the process.
Rob - You can get mad at me for saying this to you but I am so damn tired of all the b.s. about this that my head is gonna explode and im not the only one!
Your still my friend and I dont want to see you hurt yourself anymore than you already have over this so once again - Lets put it to bed! - Mike
(rant off)
For someone like me that reads these boards more than reply this is exactly how I saw it. This should have never made it to the boards. From the outside this was very well put.

Old 04-23-2006 | 10:00 AM
BAN HIM Honestly, i'm sick of that guy. He knows no loyalty, and seems to be a POS.

Old 04-23-2006 | 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Calightnin

Old 04-23-2006 | 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Jakkle5
BAN HIM Honestly, i'm sick of that guy. He knows no loyalty, and seems to be a POS.

That is a bit strong. He's not a POS. He doesn't always think things through, and he relies way to much on this forum for his companionship, but that doesn't make him a POS.

Mike....nicely put...IMHO. The reason I asked the fuel question was, if he didn't drain all his street fuel and start out with 100% C16, he is lucky he didn't have a JDM "hot tune". Any of us that know Jim, know how he is about running 100% C16 when running a 10 second tune. Any street gas mixed in with the C16 and he would be playing with fire.

Rocks

Old 04-23-2006 | 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Calightnin

Are you referring to the slamming Sal took

or

The slamming that Charles took

or

both?

Old 04-23-2006 | 12:26 PM

(rant off)

AMEN!!!

Old 04-23-2006 | 12:32 PM

(rant off)

Very well put Mike, but afterall, we are talking about Rob, Mr Wooooo-Hoooooo, I need more timing, Iam gonna shoot a big shot of nitrous, I got to make a post about something
I can only imagine what would have all ready happened to ole Rob, if he had more than a break-in tune at his disposal. That 150 mph run, and the burnouts when the weather was cool, could have gotten real ulgy.
But in Rob's defense, he has had to spend way more money than most people, because he tried to do it the cheap way and it didn't work out. That combined with the rigors of day in and day out can cause you to lose sight of reality and make you pissed at the world.:o

Phone's ringing, must be Rob :-)

Old 04-23-2006 | 12:51 PM
Dude I'm not going to sit here and bash you although tempting after reading all of your post since I've been a member here. Nevertheless, assuming that low 11's high 10's is your goal then drop that POS MP blower and get a KB! As many people say you get what you pay for! Personally if I ran 11.6 on a MP with a break in tune I would happy as a pig in S%&t. You should be happy with that run and praise your tuner for setting you up with a BA motor.

Old 04-23-2006 | 02:13 PM
For what it's worth, I agree with Mikes post, the banning comment by Jakkel is way to far, Rob was obviously frustrated and vented on the boards, that was a mistake that he'll have to deal with, but if everyone that did the same was banned the boards would be pretty quiet. If it was me, I'd make the drive down to Jim's and work it out in person but thats just me. Rob good luck either way I hope works out for you. Todd

Old 04-23-2006 | 03:17 PM
I'm seeing a lot of stupid posts by newbies here. Ban ROb? On what grounds? Where did he violate the board rules? Jakkle, you've been here a couple months....most of us have been here for YEARS! Rob has tried to benifit the rest of the community with much of what he has done over the past several years. He may be a jackass as far as knowing when to go to the boards, and when to pick up the phone, but he is a great guy. I've met him at several events, and would welcome him in my home any day. He has some issues to sort out with our tuners and supporting vendors, but thats his personal issue. I think the reason a lot of the old timers around here are leaving is because of stupid newb posts who think they run the show.

As for the MP being a POS...you obviously haven't been around them enough. It is a great bang for the buck, and is capable of great power. There have been several MP trucks in the tens.

Why don't you guys get off Robs Fkin' back, and let him sort things out with Jim? Your like a pack of wolves looking to turn on someone at the first sight of blood.

Old 04-23-2006 | 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=whip]I'm seeing a lot of stupid posts by newbies here. Ban ROb? On what grounds? Where did he violate the board rules? Jakkle, you've been here a couple months....most of us have been here for YEARS! Rob has tried to benifit the rest of the community with much of what he has done over the past several years. QUOTE]

It was a joke about the banning. He is extremely dis-loyal from reading over the years. With Charles @ MP, Sal, JDM, I think he even tried to with Racetested. I've been watching these boards for 2 years now, post counts dont make you knowlegable. Just look at Rob02!

Quick Reply: Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....