Lightning

Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006 | 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by whip

As for the MP being a POS...you obviously haven't been around them enough. It is a great bang for the buck, and is capable of great power. There have been several MP trucks in the tens.

Wanna place a wager on how many of those trucks are pushing 9.1 or better compression ratio? The eaton is a fine roots blower, as well; and, the MP case isn't much of an improvement. Not a POS; but, not worth the money, and definately not great bang for the buck. I've had mine since the first ones were sold. I know what kind of performance they provide over stock. Now that the KB has become more reasonably priced, it's a complete waste of money to buy a Magnum Powers. You can spin the crap out of one and still not touch the minimum benefit of a screw. I bought into the hype, too. No more.

Old 04-23-2006 | 04:04 PM
gator lives!!

Jakkle why do you have such a problem with Rob?
these boards wouldn't be quite as colorful or fun without that loudmouth sum'bit(h

Old 04-23-2006 | 04:23 PM
|
Great what a time for this dam rain to take my electric out all day
Having fun are we :santa:

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 04-25-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2006 | 04:50 PM
Rita: Have you ever had deja vu? Phil Connors: Didn't you just ask me that?

Old 04-23-2006 | 04:53 PM
Hey Rob, just have your lawyer right him a letter.

Originally Posted by Jim@JDM
Every customer of mine gets a free check up and dyno after a new motor.
Notice in the above quote that it doesn't say "happy customers" or "customers who praise me online" or "customers who put my sticker on their window," but it says "EVERY customer." He may not speak to you, but this means he must give you a free dyno and checkup, since it's included with the purchase of the engine. He can be mad all he wants, but you payed for the service, and per his statement he must follow up on his end of the deal. Remeber, you're the customer with the money, which you exchange for certain agreed upon services. You can have any opinion you want about Jim and his tunes, and it doesn't change the fact that he still has to come through with the services you payed for.

PS....I would be pissed as well if I was Jim, he has the moral high-ground here, but as a buisness man the responsibility is still on his shoulders.

Old 04-23-2006 | 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Has anyone wondered why I'm still so furious 14 days later ???
Well JUST MAYBE it has to do with the fact that Jim still hasn't (or won't)
talk to me. The ONLY info I have is what has been writting here via the one reply Jim gave (as posted above). Yes I did say some really nasty things to Jim, and I'm assuming it pissed him off, but I did not attack him or JDM, I simply expressed my anger and dissapointment in the ET. I also apologized shortly afterwards in a letter, (since I couldnt get him via the phone). Since then I have TRIED AND TRIED to call and talk with him, (no luck), I have left multi messages (still no luck) and I started this "11.6 aint so bad" post with the greatest attentions in saying I was sorry and things aint so bad. Then I fed into the BS and threw up all over @$%(@$^%(@$^%@$

And why the @*$& everyone is making such a big deal about doing 150 MPH is truly beyond me ??? My truck see's well over 100MPH prob 30 times a week. I was on the winter tune, I was using the large upper pulley, and running a 100 octane mix, (as I pretty much do 24/7). If I cant floor my truck and have a little fun on the open road then why the @&*$ do I have it ??? Maybe this is a horse and pony show for some of you, but not me. I drive my truck, and hellz ya I get busy with it pretty much every time I drive it. Always have, and always will.

Now I get the word saying well Jim said he's a maniac and drives like an ******* and does 150 MPH and burns rubber and no way I was going to give him his tune. I DONT NEED A FKING BABY SITTER, I NEED A FKING TUNER.

Now you may talk all you want about me
I'm sure after feeding into all this BS Jim will never give me "my tunes"
Sheesh, you keep on stepping on it don't you Rob?

Old 04-23-2006 | 05:32 PM
Great what a time for this dam rain to take my electric out all day
Having fun are we :santa:
You know everytime I say I'm going to leave this alone I end up reading chit like this, getting pissed off again, and throw up all over
FYI I read Mikes reply "early this morning" and was going to try and do something I usually dont, I was going to agree I was wrong for staying angry so long, say I was sorry (AGAIN), and just leave it alone. AMOF I started writing a reply saying MIKE YOUR 100% RIGHT, then BAM I lost the electric. Now it comes back on and I see I'm the bad guy AGAIN (as usual). Oh ya and throw the trouble maker out

Has anyone wondered why I'm still so furious 14 days later ???
Well JUST MAYBE it has to do with the fact that Jim still hasn't (or won't)
talk to me. The ONLY info I have is what has been writting here via the one reply Jim gave (as posted above). Yes I did say some really nasty things to Jim, and I'm assuming it pissed him off, but I did not attack him or JDM, I simply expressed my anger and dissapointment in the ET. I also apologized shortly afterwards in a letter, (since I couldnt get him via the phone). Since then I have TRIED AND TRIED to call and talk with him, (no luck), I have left multi messages (still no luck) and I started this "11.6 aint so bad" post with the greatest attentions in saying I was sorry and things aint so bad. Then I fed into the BS and threw up all over @$%(@$^%(@$^%@$

And why the @*$& everyone is making such a big deal about doing 150 MPH is truly beyond me ??? My truck see's well over 100MPH prob 30 times a week. I was on the winter tune, I was using the large upper pulley, and running a 100 octane mix, (as I pretty much do 24/7). If I cant floor my truck and have a little fun on the open road then why the @&*$ do I have it ??? Maybe this is a horse and pony show for some of you, but not me. I drive my truck, and hellz ya I get busy with it pretty much every time I drive it. Always have, and always will.

Now I get the word saying well Jim said he's a maniac and drives like an ******* and does 150 MPH and burns rubber and no way I was going to give him his tune. I DONT NEED A FKING BABY SITTER, I NEED A FKING TUNER.

\

Now THAT was well put...and further more if your tuner is in that frame of mind I wouldn't let him touch your truck...cut your losses and move on...I would try James RWTD.
Dale

Old 04-23-2006 | 06:14 PM

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....Shut up already.

Did JIM HIMSELF say this. NO

But now it will go 5 more pages.

LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2006 | 07:16 PM
Sup Mark hows the Beast running ???
I did 11.5 @ 119 with a terrible 1.73 60ft a few weeks back. Went to the track last night, but they did flagging and no time equipment.. Old school I guess. I've lost all my boost at around 1100' a couple times now, so I'm going to troubleshoot that this week.

I probably got 600 miles at most on it since I installed the Whipple. With working out of town EVERY week, there isn't a lot of time to drive the truck. Most of the miles are between my house and the track.

I need to do the famous "JJ" mod where I get a little skinny guy to drive the truck down the track...

-Mark

Old 04-23-2006 | 08:58 PM
Dont' give up Rob, if you've made it this far and gone through everything you've gone through, it would truly be a LOSS if you got rid of your truck or simply gave up.
+1 on trying a different tuner. I wouldn't want some pissed off at me tuning or working on my truck. Whatever you do hang in there man!

Old 04-23-2006 | 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
I need to do the famous "JJ" mod where I get a little skinny guy to drive the truck down the track...

-Mark
OK, I'll volunteer.

Old 04-23-2006 | 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Stl01SVT
OK, I'll volunteer.
I was thinking more like Andy now they he is sporting his summer hair..

Old 04-23-2006 | 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
Wanna place a wager on how many of those trucks are pushing 9.1 or better compression ratio? The eaton is a fine roots blower, as well; and, the MP case isn't much of an improvement. Not a POS; but, not worth the money, and definately not great bang for the buck. I've had mine since the first ones were sold. I know what kind of performance they provide over stock. Now that the KB has become more reasonably priced, it's a complete waste of money to buy a Magnum Powers. You can spin the crap out of one and still not touch the minimum benefit of a screw. I bought into the hype, too. No more.

Old 04-24-2006 | 01:38 AM

Last edited by Hostile03SVT; 04-24-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2006 | 01:41 AM
[QUOTE=Jakkle5]
Originally Posted by whip
I'm seeing a lot of stupid posts by newbies here. Ban ROb? On what grounds? Where did he violate the board rules? Jakkle, you've been here a couple months....most of us have been here for YEARS! Rob has tried to benifit the rest of the community with much of what he has done over the past several years. QUOTE]

It was a joke about the banning. He is extremely dis-loyal from reading over the years. With Charles @ MP, Sal, JDM, I think he even tried to with Racetested. I've been watching these boards for 2 years now, post counts dont make you knowlegable. Just look at Rob02!
Aaron i agree.. Jakkle, many of Robs experiances have helped alot of people with there trucks.. and by you dissin Rob on your comment, "post counts dont make you knowlegable. Just look at Rob02!
Rob happens to know alot about racing, our trucks, and yes even NOS.. the only thing that i cant stand is when people like you come here and try to insult the guy.. i agree with alot of people when they say Rob should not post about it anymore and let it go from the forums.. Rob is pi$$ed.. he wanted a number with the power he was told he had he should have got the number.. now maybe Jim will still give him the tune he promised who knows not my call but his.. and as for the racetested kits lets not get into that.. thats a whole other thread that i believe was locked.. Rob hang in there pal things will work out one way or another,,,

Quick Reply: Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....