Lightning

Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006 | 02:32 AM
everyone will jump to call someone a chearleader,,,i think i called rob one a time or too,,,lol

but the facts are he calls it like he see's it,,,cant blame him for that

i understand why he aint married,,,,when the rest of us would just think it,,he would be calling her a bitch,,lol

Last edited by lightninquick; 04-24-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-24-2006 | 05:07 AM
Rob it is a good thing you are not in the field of public relations

Old 04-24-2006 | 06:53 AM
Time to stir more ****?

I personally think Rob is the man... WAHOOOOOO! GO ROB!

Old 04-24-2006 | 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
I was thinking more like Andy now they he is sporting his summer hair..

Old 04-24-2006 | 10:38 AM
This **** rocks, keep it coming!

Old 04-24-2006 | 03:26 PM
I wonder all the old timers are gone, when we have to read rob's 02 personal blog everyday.

Old 04-24-2006 | 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by CaliLightning
I wonder all the old timers are gone, when we have to read rob's 02 personal blog everyday.
You do not have to read Rob's posts if you are not interested. Everyone should keep in mind that Rob has kept everyone informed about everything that went on with his truck since he began to mod it. This includes some impressive #s for the time on the stock block. Plenty words of praise were included. I for one enjoy his enthusiastic posting style, and even the cold hard truth about certain things not working out.
Apparently there was some form of communication failure leading to the post about his 1st track day. He must have truly believed that the race tune provided would be the dyno tested 600+ horsepower one. Why would he load up with C16 on a mild tune? I agree that the 11.6 was a pretty good showing, but Rob expected more. Heck, I am still trying to figure out how Gator's truck ran into the 10s, but since it was done on similar parts combo(Rob even has newer head porting and higher compression) I am sure Rob expected to be close.
I will be taking mine in for some work soon and will request a "kill" tune. So far I run conservative because I did not want to run on race fuel. I guess I will find out if the more conservative tune is costing me 6-7 tenths. Keeping my eyes on Rob's situation to learn all I can.
Jim

Old 04-24-2006 | 06:18 PM
Maybe the whole MP valve spring deal isn't all it was made up to be

Not saying we don't need the best valve springs we can possibly get because we do; but looking more at the blower

Old 04-25-2006 | 07:39 AM
Here's an idea.....write your gripes in Word document. Then sleep on it before you post them.

Old 04-25-2006 | 08:24 AM
Sounds to me somebody has been reading to many magazines.

This is just a general comment. Don't believe everything you read every dyno truck and mod will react differently!

Old 04-25-2006 | 09:38 AM
hahahah

Na ha ha ha ha.....

Jim has the goddie tunes and you can't have them!!!! Hahahahaha.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Old 04-25-2006 | 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Casey02L
Maybe the whole MP valve spring deal isn't all it was made up to be

Not saying we don't need the best valve springs we can possibly get because we do; but looking more at the blower
Where does this come from? I thought it was about break-in tune vs. race tune, not blower performance.

Old 04-25-2006 | 11:30 AM
What a cool twilight zone thread.

Old 04-25-2006 | 01:26 PM
Some people are really hung up on #'s. Dyno #'s, ET #'s...

All vehicles and drivers react differently. There's factory freaks running low 13's with the spare and hitch still on the truck. Then, there's the guy who can even hit 103mph with all sorts of bolt ons.

I see that most (all?) of the tracks in the NJ/MD/NY area are at or near sea level, giving some of the best ETs and mph.

I do understand that he was thinking his 'All Out' tune was installed, but Jim made the right choice keeping him on a break-in tune. Rob should know better than ALL of us, that 100% of the tuners out there make sure a truck leaves the shop with a break-in tune, as to allow tolerances to set, parts to break in correctly, etc. Rob's got enough posts and read-posts under his belt to know these things, and that a motor is truly not 100% ready until AT LEAST the first oil change.

116mph on a truck of Rob's weight is dead on for the HP he is reported to be making. There's probably a few more mph in it with a new tune. Who knows? Maybe Rob's tranny is beat. There's so many factors that make for decent ETs and mph. Maybe his truck was shifting sooner as well, due to the break in tune.

We're not arguing his runs, but his 'running' of the mouth. Those who have been on here for quite some time (myself included) know that he's got diarrhea of the mouth, and opens it too often and too soon. Jim has every right to be "p!ssed," but no right to deny him services that were paid for. What ever happened to "the customer is always right" or "make the customer happy." I've dealt with a number of irate customers, both internal and when working in sales. Unless they become unruly and out of hand, they still must be treated with respect and be taken care of. Jim should be the better person, especially since he is a business owner. Jim needs to call Rob, and find out what his beef is, and do what is right to make him happy. It's just good business. It'd be different if Rob's build-up was free, and he was 100% sponsored by Jim - then Jim would have every right to throw him to the curb.

Rob - a good one, and chill out for a bit. We all don't have Vinnie's $$ and free time to invest in our toys. You're just going to have to wait, and get it back to Jim, as he did say that every customer gets a free check-up and tune after the 1500 miles.

Old 04-25-2006 | 01:31 PM
WTF Rob ...

You spent thousands with Jimbo and you're not happy
with the results at the track? You came to the boards
with a legitimate question and were flamed by your very
own tuner for being out of control? You only ran a 11.60
at the track? You must not know how to drive. Now Jimbo
won't talk to ya, bunkie? You didn't feel like you were
treated with the same care that other local JDM customers
get? Well, get over it ...1

That is soooooo 4 years old, buddy ... Been there, Done that ...

Welcome to the club!!! We love it over here, and welcome
you and your 11.60.

/tongue in cheek mode off

PS ... I gave up on tuning and building and am just enjoying ...

11.87 1/4 miles all day long.
2'20" laps at Sebring (WOO HOO !!!)

Good luck my friend ...

Quick Reply: Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....