Lightning

Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006 | 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
I do know the Mag DID put down 606 HP, (and that is KB BIG)
On a 9.1:1 compression ratio built engine, with cams and heads, right? 8# lower pulley and 2.70 upper? I'm willing to wager that you could have done that with the stock Eaton. You for sure could have done it with a port job. If you ever put a KB on that bad boy, you'll be very pissed off that you spent one red cent on the MP. Believe me.

Old 04-29-2006 | 12:55 PM
At the end of the day, ALL OF THIS could have been avoided if I was simply told what tunes I really had
And with that quotable signature, the prosecution rests ...

Old 04-29-2006 | 01:46 PM
At the end of the day ALL OF THIS could have been avoided if I was simply told what tunes I really had, looking back I honestly think Jim simply forgot to have that converstion with me.

Or by just picking up the phone.
Because everybody knows that smoking pot 24/7 for 30 years doesn't affect your memory

Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
On a 9.1:1 compression ratio built engine, with cams and heads, right? 8# lower pulley and 2.70 upper? I'm willing to wager that you could have done that with the stock Eaton. You for sure could have done it with a port job. If you ever put a KB on that bad boy, you'll be very pissed off that you spent one red cent on the MP. Believe me.
Sorry, I can't believe you because I saw it first hand on my truck. On a stock long block, a ported Eaton (From Apten) made 488rwhp. That was with a 6lb lower and a JL 1 lb upper.
Bolting the Magnum on my stock longblock with the same pulley combo produced 530rwhp with less heat.
But the truth is I probably would have bought a KB. But on another board Ken from KB told me, when asked about the locking up problems, that there have been NO KB's locking up and returned for warranty work. Because he personally see's every KB returned and none have been returned. To KB's credit they fixed the bad blowers and corrected the problem. But lying to me online when I personally knew of 3 that had been returned, and a couple more than once..........put a anti-KB taste in my mouth. I wouldn't own one if they where free and came with a $100 bill taped to them.

Old 04-29-2006 | 02:09 PM
I truly doubt anyone will approach the capabilities of the MP blower with a stock Eaton. I only recall seeing a couple of ported Eatons capable of running 11.6 or better on a single power adder. I have had a stock Eaton, a Steig. ported unit and now the MP on my truck. I won't compare the small roots style unit to a much larger twin screw, but they are capable of some great street/strip #s. See my newest #s in sig. and keep in mind that my tune is extremely mild until I get it on the dyno. I also weigh in at 290lbs.
Jim

Old 04-29-2006 | 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Fast Gator
Sorry, I can't believe you because I saw it first hand on my truck. On a stock long block, a ported Eaton (From Apten) made 488rwhp. That was with a 6lb lower and a JL 1 lb upper.
Bolting the Magnum on my stock longblock with the same pulley combo produced 530rwhp with less heat.
Sorry Gator; but, I can't believe you either. I was making 380 rwhp with a 2# lower and 2.80 upper on the stock eaton. After only the MP being changed, I lost HP and torque, with the same tune. I was upset. I called JDM and was told that you had to spin it harder to see the benefits. I bought a 6# pulley and a tune. I made a best of 425 rwhp SAE with the MP, a 6# lower, and a 2.7 upper at 18* of timing.

I was starting to think something was wrong with my truck. The Whipple came out and I decided to go for it. With 2# less boost, I am making 500 rwhp SAE and 600 ft./bls. of torque. Stock longblock and only 14 degrees of timing (and BIG pig rich a/f ratio). At 5500 rpms, I'm making 150 extra hp over the curve of the MP with the same timing. (BTW, I saw no problems with the springs allowing the valves to float (As Rob did) in my dyno charts either. How your truck made 530 rwhp with essentially the same setup as mine, is beyond me. There are several guys here in NC that have had exactly the same results with the MP, and didn't give it a full year, as I did. One Harley guy ran his for less than 6 weeks before ripping it off for a KB.

Remember the results your truck got with the phenolic spacer? I don't know anyone else who did the same. You either have a magic truck, or you're tuned with pixie dust on Merlin's own dyno.

Originally Posted by Fast Gator
But the truth is I probably would have bought a KB. But on another board Ken from KB told me, when asked about the locking up problems, that there have been NO KB's locking up and returned for warranty work. Because he personally see's every KB returned and none have been returned. To KB's credit they fixed the bad blowers and corrected the problem. But lying to me online when I personally knew of 3 that had been returned, and a couple more than once..........put a anti-KB taste in my mouth. I wouldn't own one if they where free and came with a $100 bill taped to them.

I avoided the KB for similar reasons. Valid or not. I mentioned KB as it's cheaper than a Whipple and I know Rob wouldn't be interested in a $3600.00blower when he could probably pick a used KB up for less than $2000.00.

Last edited by Odin's Wrath; 04-29-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2006 | 03:02 PM
|
Gator look whos calling the kettle black mr i havent been sober since birth

BUT IF YOU WANT TO REALLY **** ME OFF AGAIN YOU JUST DID BY TRYING TO TELL ME I WAS TOLD, &*@$%(@&$%(@$%@($%@($%@$(%@$(

I WAS NOT

Old 04-29-2006 | 04:18 PM
The MP is the John Kerry of blowers. First it's the best/safest/softest blower for stock engines at low boost, then it needs to be spun at high rpms to make power, now you need an aftermarket valvetrain. What's next?....it only works with aluminum blocks...

Old 04-29-2006 | 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by rscoleman
The MP is the John Kerry of blowers. First it's the best/safest/softest blower for stock engines at low boost, then it needs to be spun at high rpms to make power, now you need an aftermarket valvetrain. What's next?....it only works with aluminum blocks...
No. I didn't fall for John Kerry's line of crap. It's more like going out with the hot chic from work that's always talking junk and dressing sexy, then finding out she's all talk and no play. That's the MP blower.

On the plus side, they're both screamers if you ever mount 'em.

Old 04-29-2006 | 05:06 PM

Remember the results your truck got with the phenolic spacer? I don't know anyone else who did the same. You either have a magic truck, or you're tuned with pixie dust on Merlin's own dyno.
I see a lot of people questioning dyno 3s in general, and JDMs in particular. If you take the #s alone they are indeed high due to being reported in Standard correction rather than SAE. I believe the standard correction factor is better for supercharged motors, but that is a topic for another thread. That being said, if you look deeper you will see track times in line with dyno #s for most JDM customers in our area.Stock block MP trucks running 11.5, stock Eaton stock motor trucks running 11.8 etc.
My built motor MP truck made 540 on the street tune. The race tune is very rich and needs more timing. It is .2 better than my street tune, but not yet dynoed. It has now run 11.2 with a poor 60' and my 290# azz driving. There is easily more there(see Gator's 10.9).
While not being able to move quite as much air the blower is only .4 or so less capable. Stay tuned for nitrous #s even though it was reported that the MP trucks don't respond well to it!

Old 04-29-2006 | 06:09 PM
Hi everybody nothing to add (already been said, serveral times over ) just did'nt want to be left out of this INFAMOUS thread.

By the way JIM, not if, but when I come see you can I have all the extra free goodies too?

Old 04-30-2006 | 02:21 AM
WHO CARES WHAT YOUR TRUCK MAKES ON THE DYNO!
I have more dyno runs at JDM than anyone I know - that doesnt mean sh-t to me!

The only thing that matters is what it does in the 1/4 mile

I had a MP on my truck and it made 67 hp over my ported Eaton but i never saw the diffference on the track.

On the street was a different story all together. Vinnie and I got into it a little on the highway once when he had his KB on and I stood right next to him for quite a while until the MP ran out and the KB kept pulling.
Honestly the Mp is a great street blower but in my opinion it never produced at the track.
To me the KB is a much better supercharger

Old 04-30-2006 | 02:51 AM
Sorry Gator; but, I can't believe you either. I was making 380 rwhp with a 2# lower and 2.80 upper on the stock eaton. After only the MP being changed, I lost HP and torque, with the same tune. I was upset. I called JDM and was told that you had to spin it harder to see the benefits. I bought a 6# pulley and a tune. I made a best of 425 rwhp SAE with the MP, a 6# lower, and a 2.7 upper at 18* of timing.

I was starting to think something was wrong with my truck. The Whipple came out and I decided to go for it. With 2# less boost, I am making 500 rwhp SAE and 600 ft./bls. of torque. Stock longblock and only 14 degrees of timing (and BIG pig rich a/f ratio). At 5500 rpms, I'm making 150 extra hp over the curve of the MP with the same timing. (BTW, I saw no problems with the springs allowing the valves to float (As Rob did) in my dyno charts either. How your truck made 530 rwhp with essentially the same setup as mine, is beyond me. There are several guys here in NC that have had exactly the same results with the MP, and didn't give it a full year, as I did. One Harley guy ran his for less than 6 weeks before ripping it off for a KB.

I avoided the KB for similar reasons. Valid or not. I mentioned KB as it's cheaper than a Whipple and I know Rob wouldn't be interested in a $3600.00blower when he could probably pick a used KB up for less than $2000.00.
LOL!!!!! very funny post

i had very good results with the magnum,,,on the dyno it only showed minimal results,,but the track it shinned,,,it did need to be spun hard,,,much harder then most pepole are willing to spin them on stock blocks

i dont think they have the volume for a motor with cams and ported heads,,,once i added the cams and heads i only seen 16lbs of boost,,that ws with a 2.7 upper and a 10" lower

it seems like most kb guys arent seeing much more then that with the same combo,,,(in my area)

Quick Reply: Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....