Lightning

Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006 | 07:28 AM
|
Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....

Hey what can I say my anger and disappointment is exactly that, MINE
It's real (and I still feel for a got dam good reason), but as time goes by and I know now what I didnt know then, which is I raced it on a break in tune, (ok I promise I wont go off on, maybe it would have been nice to know that) But I guess 11.6 first time out is pretty dam impressive considering thats the tune I'm driving around with.

The series of events leading up to this, re-mortgaging the house, the CC hell,
a year of misery, and then the awesome results showing 606 HP (off spray), and even a 580 something street tune was pretty dam impressive I must say
and as a result of that it put some high expectation in me for results.
( ok again I promise I wont go off on.... )

And although Jim "if you listening" wont talk to me any more, I just want to say that I am extremely grateful to have such a flawless absolutely perfect running BEAST. In which I think I've driven every day since I got it back last December (GOT DAM THOSE MF GAS PRICES &^$@*$%@*$%@($$%)

So Jim and JDM, Vinnie, Mike, Al, and EVERYONE that's bent over backwards for me, (and of course ALL OF YOU for putting up with my stubborn *** I aint listening to Chit attitude) I DO APPRECIATE ALL YOU DO

and chit 11.6 must be faster than someone

Old 04-21-2006 | 08:37 AM
I've not been following your progress much Rob. But no matter an 11.6 is stout. man.

I think people have a tendancy to look at things in a *relative* manner. Meaning.. people on these boards think the standard is set by who ever has the latest posted dyno numbers. Or who ever spouts off the most and comes accross as a know it all.

Timeslips on the other hand is the proof. It's proof of tuning, motor build, chassie setup, and driver ability to make it all work.

In time as it all comes in line you'll drop those ETs even further. Good luck Rob

Rich

Last edited by wydopnthrtl; 04-21-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2006 | 08:43 AM
Rob, that is better than my fastest ET as of right now. My first time out on my built motor, it ran 12.20@110. Do you think I was disappointed...Hell Ya...but I just went back to the tuner and had them adjust some stuff. That didn't work....so I switched tuners and WHAM.....11.9 at lightningfest last year. That was my first 11 on motor. I had 2 on nitrous, but on motor that was my first. I have since gone 11.7@115 on motor. I still think there is plenty more in her....I just have to keep at it till my combo is perfected.

I glad you came out and appoligized to Jim and all the others that have helped you. Your truck will be were you want it if you continue to work for your goal....Good luck and God bless

Rich

Old 04-21-2006 | 08:44 AM
Hahaha.....Rob, you must have hormones like a b!tch! Everything will be ok bro. Get'r re-tuned, and go kick some gatorass!

Old 04-21-2006 | 10:37 AM
Rob, I think you need to take some of them pills the ladies take when its that time of the month! LOL My combo is going on it's third year of tuning/tweaking parts. I first ran 11.60's@116 and thats all it had. the dyno numbers said it would go alot faster. Problem was stock tq converter. Bought a PI, tweaked tune and only went 11.50's. Converter problem, sent back, rr went back to track. This time at ssotn fall, went 11.30's, now were getting somewhere.?This took about 9 months of sorting out. Took a break for winter, returned in spring racing ran 11.30-40's all year until next ssotn fall event, all we did was tweak the tranny functions and lost about 250lbs. Bam 11.02@ 120 with 1.50 60ft. best mph 121+. Two weaks ago we put it back on the dyno, L is stillmaking same hp and we picked up some tq( from over 2 years ago). Now my stock tranny is about dead. Just because everything looks good and runs good it's a totally different beast on the track! As you can see, it takes alot of time and effort.
Thanks Johnny & Sue for helping me and my L, you guys are Great!
Josh

Old 04-21-2006 | 01:52 PM
Rob the problem is your trucks is now a JLO truck and you are a loony. Your ran the truck in JLO territory so it was just sticking up for it’s home town. Let a JLO guy like Jim or V drive it and I am sure it will let you have a 10sec slip!!!

Old 04-21-2006 | 02:18 PM
|
Your all right, and I'm sure there's a medical term for me
(I have my own combo of med's for it Thank You)

And Josh I hear you, and do expect to maybe have to go through what you did, (although I do believe I've worked through most those issues).
God knows I'm on my second or third of everything *$@#$(%@$(@$

No unfortunately what this all came down to is me NOT KNOWING what I actually had and thought I had and and and.... which is actually great news I guess. Because that means the 11.6 was NOT made on my race tune, which means if I ever get my race tune, I can def expect better Et's, WOO HOO!!!
and Rich Thanks for reminding me, this was also my first 11 EVER "not on the go go juice" which is an awesome accomplishment

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 04-25-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2006 | 03:23 PM
You haven.t flamed JLP yet but two otta three ain't bad

Old 04-21-2006 | 03:41 PM
Rob,

I would say mid 11's are pretty good without the wick turned all the way up, a Magnum Powers blower and the front end pulling to right.

You definitely need to be smooching up to Jim's rearend to get back in his good graces. Rocks, you got a pic for this, lol.

You've been through a lot so I could see the snap factor you were feeling. Maybe Jim will take that into account and cut you some slack.

If you had experienced the 3 bad motors Dealerjim went through you would need a straight jacket by now. He sent it to Jim and life has been good ever since. Tuning issues are small potatoes compared to motor issues.

Old 04-21-2006 | 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by LTNBOLT
You definitely need to be smooching up to Jim's rearend to get back in his good graces. Rocks, you got a pic for this, lol.

You've been through a lot so I could see the snap factor you were feeling. Maybe Jim will take that into account and cut you some slack.
You would think the big bill he got would be enough?? It isn't like Jim did the work for free..

Old 04-21-2006 | 04:36 PM
Rob02, I pulled this straight from the National Institute for Mental Health:

"Manic symptoms include:
Severe changes in mood, either extremely irritable or overly silly and elated
Overly-inflated self-esteem; grandiosity
Increased energy
Decreased need for sleep, ability to go with very little or no sleep for days without tiring
Increased talking, talks too much, too fast; changes topics too quickly; cannot be interrupted
Distractibility, attention moves constantly from one thing to the next
Hypersexuality, increased sexual thoughts, feelings, or behaviors; use of explicit sexual language
Increased goal-directed activity or physical agitation
Disregard of risk, excessive involvement in risky behaviors or activities
Depressive symptoms include:
Persistent sad or irritable mood
Loss of interest in activities once enjoyed
Significant change in appetite or body weight
Difficulty sleeping or oversleeping
Physical agitation or slowing
Loss of energy
Feelings of worthlessness or inappropriate guilt
Difficulty concentrating
Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide"

J/K man, your comment on the meds opened the door

Old 04-21-2006 | 05:35 PM
you could always tune it yourself

Old 04-21-2006 | 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by LatemodelRacer2
you could always tune it yourself
O.K.

YOU DO REALIZE THIS IS ROB, "I NEED MORE TIMING and NITROUS" 02

It would run really fast ,RIGHT BEFORE IT BLOWS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2006 | 08:00 PM
|
Originally Posted by swiseuf
Rob02, I pulled this straight from the National Institute for Mental Health:

"Manic symptoms include: .....
HOLY THAT'S ME TO A TEE
Now for the important question, is there a way I can go out on comp ???
Disabilty ??? SOMETHING ??? Get paid to hang out at V's all day ???
Maybe they can help a brother out with 1/4 mil to pay off notes ???
hehehehehehe.....

As for having to "kiss up to" as you say
Come on people you have never "nor will ever" hear me say a bad word about Jim and JDM. Show me one spot where I ever mentioned my truck not running flawless, one spot where I havent praised Jim and JDM for the power and drivability. I'm extremely happy with my motor and it aint skipped a beat. Hellz ya I owe it all to Jim

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 04-25-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2006 | 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
You would think the big bill he got would be enough?? It isn't like Jim did the work for free..
Why do you have to bash them all the time? Get over it.

Quick Reply: Ok "maybe" I over re-acted, 11.6 first try aint a so bad....