Lightning

Relocating Battery - Babolt? Cpt1??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2000 | 05:39 PM
|
Post Relocating Battery - Babolt? Cpt1??

Hey guys I wanted to start a new thread to get more info and suggestions on relocating the battery to the pickup bed. I want to relocate to the rear of the bed, against the bed wall on the right side (opposite fuel tank). Babolt you mentioned the true dry cell? Any more info on that? Website? Cpt1 how did you do yours? Can I still keep my soft tonneau?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 05-16-2000 | 06:00 PM
Just run wires along the frame to the bed and mount the battery where u want. Its not that hard
Mine is on the passenger side near the cab. It will be moving to the back of the bed soon tho. Use 2 guage wire, i have 4 guage and notice less starting power. Plus i think my battery is bad even tho the truck is new.. It just seems to die too easy. Now everytime i start the truck, the guages reset themselves. If u really need I can take pictures. The soft tonneau isnt a problem. I dont know why you would want to move the battery though, if its performace reasons its hardly going to make a difference. I did mine because i have no fenderwells anymore..

Cpt

Old 05-16-2000 | 06:12 PM
Talking

Brimestone
Here is the photo of the Reactor Power Cell and its billet hold down. You can get it at Summit Racing. Very light weight. Clue I did not drill any holes in my pickup box.Since my Lightning is not here I can not take a photo of the mounting structure. Let me just say that it is based off of the bed bolts and is a light weight aluminum frame work. No scratches or additional holes in the bed.Plus it is all covered by the Bed Rug.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

Old 05-16-2000 | 07:21 PM
|
Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Cpt1,

How heavy do you think the battery is? Yes I was hoping to distribute the weight more evenly (front/rear), especially now that I have a heavier hood as well. I didn't think it would make a difference by the cab but maybe it would help a little by the tailgate?? I don't know though I have no idea how much it weighs.

Babolt,

That looks pretty hi tech. What are the benefits of this type of battery?

thanks again,
Mike

Old 05-16-2000 | 07:29 PM
A battery weighs what 40-50 or so pounds. I really doubt thats gonna make a difference. Not to mention if anything goes wrong with ur electrical and u take it in for warranty, they might blame it on that..

Old 05-16-2000 | 10:47 PM
Thumbs up

made a bracket and located mine under the truck infront of the rear axle.no pics but will be a WFC can look underneath then if you want.

Quick Reply: Relocating Battery - Babolt? Cpt1??