Lightning

Transgo vs. software

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2000 | 04:56 PM
|
Banned
Question Transgo vs. software

I have been doing a little research and I am a little confused. I get two different opinions, one is that you can improve your tranny performance with the chip and a kit is a waste of money. The other opinion is that you need both. What is the best route to take? and why? I would definitely like to improve the shifting when you step on it, but I am happy with the way it shifts around town.

Old 05-16-2000 | 09:58 PM
gp
ive tried 3 differant chips and the intercepter and didnt get the results i was looking for.after talking to differant trans rebuilders they all pretty much said that our trans is very finiky.i put the transgo kit in using only the springs in the acumulator valve body and it shifts great.some chips work and some dont but a shift kit always seems to work.

Old 05-16-2000 | 10:57 PM
I went with Sal's package, boost is pegged and shifts are solid. It will downshift to 1st up to about 35, tires spin and a solid chirp into 2nd. Just the other day some tran am was playing with me we were doing about 30 I gave him a nod just as the L downshifted, between spinning tires and the whine from the air filter he turned before he ever saw the smile on my face. GO with a chip first dual mode. Plan to wait. IT WILL COME !

Quick Reply: Transgo vs. software