Lightning

A friendly call for MAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2000 | 12:11 AM
Mad
Banned
OK--that's fine. My post was not about me but rather 1/4 times of Lightning's. I suppose A-Lightning is also a liar because he was there when I raced both my cars? I understand you doubting a Chevy guy, but I never though you would turn on one of your own? Oh well? Just goes to show ya the loyalty factor of Lightning owners. Isn't it funny how everyone tries to turn this thread into something that it was never intended to be to possibly smear someone. Some of you punks make me sick.
Mad`
Mad`

Old 05-16-2000 | 12:20 AM

I've been skimming this thread a while and have not noticed many people picked up on what's most important:

The area under the HP/torque curves. Those simple HP calculators don't care about area, all they care about is peak. Area is the most important. You can have a vehicle with a much lower peak HP beat a vehicle with a higher peak. The formulas also don't take into account optimizing for one's power curve either, or the lack of.

The HP calculators are very *gross* approximations that happen to work for a fair number of vehicles, but can do very poorly on some.

-Rob

Old 05-16-2000 | 12:20 AM
Now I have seen it all. I thought it wouldnt happen but see we are all capable of the caveman syndrome as I believe it was put. Now as I said on the other topic, A REPORT FROM A NIGHT OF RACING, lets grow up and enjoy the things we are here to enjoy and quit being childish about who is better than who.

[This message has been edited by Mister SVT (edited 05-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mister SVT (edited 05-16-2000).]

Old 05-16-2000 | 04:18 AM
Ya know, I just wanna say that one of the largest car companies in the world pays me six figures for my technical expertise about cars, I'm very comfortable about my experience and general skills with building engines and drivetrains. That said, let me say one more time that how fast you can move 4700 pounds of iron 1320 feet down a dragstrip is a whole lot more complicated than HP=TxRPM/5252. 'nuff said.

Gregg
I edited this post 'casue I made a typo, and because I can...
[This message has been edited by Factory_Tech (edited 05-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Factory_Tech (edited 05-17-2000).]

Old 05-16-2000 | 06:22 AM
Wink

that sure is a tasty pie!

Old 05-16-2000 | 07:47 AM
mad , i can't explain to you why my L runs 13.0's. i'm just glad it does.this is a pointless arguement. it would seem to me even if you were a personal witness to these 1/4 mile runs, you'd believe their were additional mods being hidden. after dozens of post it's obvious no one could convince you. i can understand the anger of some on this site over your disbelief, they feel like your calling them liars. i've run against several L's at cecil county and can attest to the claims. lightning owners, you have nothihg to prove just enjoy these amazing trucks like i do.

Old 05-16-2000 | 09:15 AM
Mad
Banned
Factory Tech?-->T=RPM/5252. What is that? They are paying you too much money man. Can you explain to me what weight and 1,320 feet has to do with an engine dyno?
Lets see, if I have 6,000 RPM and divide it by 5252, I come out with 1.143. That's not much torque but if your formula is correct, then I guess its so because you work for one of the largest car companies in the world and make lot's of dough.
Mad`

------------------

97 Cobra, 11.90 @ 115--1.59 60 foot
65 Nova, 11.74 @ 123--2.10 60 foot (street tires)
57 Chevy 2dr.(original)
MADS` Hot Rods

[This message has been edited by Mad (edited 05-16-2000).]

Old 05-16-2000 | 11:02 AM
|
Sure we can't close this out now? I think we've beat this horse well past the dead stage.............and yes, I think it's time for pie.................................ZorPrime, your enjoying this just too much..........

[This message has been edited by mswaim (edited 05-16-2000).]

Old 05-16-2000 | 02:31 PM
MAD!!!
If you don't like FORDS or Lightning for the most part, don't bother to visit this board. Stay with the LS1 guys and play the games they play with each other. Most of the guys on this board are just passing and sharing information and knowledge they have gather just in the last year. The LS1's have been around much longer, giving those guys a leg up on knowing how it will react to changes. We are in the learning mode and just telling each other the facts. If you don't like the facts don't bother to look in on our site.

Old 05-16-2000 | 03:40 PM
Mad
Banned
Talking

sure mswaim..I have heard enough. My origional post still stands. A Lightning with a K&N air filter and a chip will not run 13.0's. I don't care how good the air is or how cold the temperature is. I have heard every excuse in the world to justify someone else's truck running that fast. I have been attacked because I have two Chevy's which have nothing to do with the origional post. I have been called a liar when in fact I have one of your sacred Lightning owners to back me up on my times. I never brought my times up in the first place, some genius on this board did. This post was not about my times but rather Lightning times. How it got turned around, I have no idea?
And now I am being told to go back to LS1.com. Who said I hang at LS1.com? I am a regular at the Corral, Hotrodder.com, Steve's Nova board, Fordmuscle, and moderate two forums at http://www.fordvschevy.com . I don't go to LS1.com, do you?
I will repeat before you folks get off track again: A LIGHTNING WITH A K&N AND CHIP WILL NOT RUN A 13.0. That is my opinion and mine only. This is a free country and I have a right to express it as such. As a fellow SVT enthusiest, I wish someone could prove me wrong. A timeslip and a witness would be nice. Also, a witness to verify the modifications would be nice also.
It doesn't make a rat's *** to me whether a L will run a 13.0 with only a chip and filter. YOU are the ones making the claims, not me. My Cobra, 65 Nova, 57 Chevy, will not run 13.0's with a filter, chip, or both where applicable. See you at the track....
Mad`

------------------

97 Cobra, 11.90 @ 115--1.59 60 foot
65 Nova, 11.74 @ 123--2.10 60 foot (street tires)
57 Chevy 2dr.(original)
MADS` Hot Rods

[This message has been edited by Mad (edited 05-16-2000).]

Old 05-16-2000 | 03:41 PM
Mad: I have no doubt that your cobra will run
11.9 on juice, so what is your problem with believing that these trucks are not capable of running 13.2 with a aftermaket chip & filter. I have personnally never ran my truck but I have met many people on this board that are as friendly & honest as A-Lightning (very nice guy). I would not be so quick to make judgement on some the individuals here on the board because they are some very sharp intelligent caveman that visit this board. We don't try to brag about who knows this & that but we share are thoughts to make everybody aware of what best for our trucks. That is the whole concept about this board and I for one would like to keep it that way. I know that I have vastly improved the performance of my truck with the help of many people from this board.

I have a friend that could hook you up on one of the baddest rides in the USA if your interested.

Have fun with the Nova,
Terry

------------------
99.5 Factory Red Clearcoat, Chromed SVT rims, Polished Billet Grills, F1 Cobra Hood, Color matched Lo-pro snuglid, clear corner lenses & tailights, superchipped, sal air filter, Bel-tech 3/4 lowering kit, okole seat covers (red), rhino liner, color matched muth mirrors, 25 piece REd carbon fiber dashboard kit, JBA headers and V1 radar detector.
BTW-Some secret stuff...
Completed on 4/21/00.
Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by asdeman (edited 05-16-2000).]

Old 05-16-2000 | 03:58 PM
Exclamation

i read 99.9% of all post and replys and to cotinue reading replys and post by mad in hopes that there is something useful is getting old fast! can we close this off and sign him off. i would in time like to get to know all of l owners as friends but if mad get his way he'll have us turn against our own. come on he'll never believe,ignore him please.

Old 05-16-2000 | 05:29 PM
Exclamation

asdeman: Read his last post. He's not saying 13.2's now. It's 13.0 on his claim now.

------------------
Red '00 Lightning,
Adopted 4/19/00,
PSP Filter,
Sound effects provided by Flowmaster,
Track time pending...

Old 05-16-2000 | 06:02 PM
PFA
I just have to add that my L ran a 14.30 stock and with a chip and filter setup I have run a best of 13.51, on a slippery track! Let me see....that's about 8/10th's of a second. Put that towards a stock L that can run 13.90's or better, sounds like 13.10's or better. NO EXCUSES, it JUST does it!!!

Old 05-16-2000 | 06:13 PM
PFA

That doesn't matter cause the only things in life that matter are what MAD's calculator tells him. It tells him when he needs to pi$$, *****, sleep, etc. I'm surprised it doesn't tell him to buy a Lightning and bag the other cars!

Oh well! Just the way some people are!

Quick Reply: A friendly call for MAD