Lightning

chip/computer/wiring harness problem found.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2000 | 08:32 AM
Exclamation

Have them show you exactly what they claim you did to it and explain precisely what caused what to happen.

------------------
Red '00 Lightning,
Adopted 4/19/00,
PSP Filter,
Sound effects provided by Flowmaster,
Track time pending...

Old 05-27-2000 | 10:26 AM
|
I did have them show me everything. For one I will not pay for something they broke. Which they are well aware of. So we will see what happens, The service tech thought they broke the bolt, while the salesman thought they did, I think the salesman needs to step out of this. Stories from there to here are getting misconstrued. Which is now what the "burnt" wiring is amounting to (I believe). I have been getting 2 different stories from 3 different people. It seems like the tech is being more upfront than anyone else.

Old 05-27-2000 | 01:12 PM
I really don't understand why these dealers a such jerk offs. They get paid for the work if covered by the warranty or not. So why do they care if a chip is in it. They should just warranty it and send you on your way, and say Thank you.

I had my truck in for the intercooler problem, well they were very backed up and were having a hard time getting to my truck. So what did they do? They just took my word for it, ordered a new intercooler and put it in. They said that if the intercooler that was in my truck didn't have a hole in it that they would put on in it!! Now thats service!!!!!

------------------
complete Bassani system
PSP Chip
4"idx10" conical K&N fliter
windows & windshield tinted

Old 05-27-2000 | 02:26 PM
Talking

Quite bitching. Wait until you are presented a bill. (You have them by the short hairs)

Ask to see service manager. Refuse to pay bill. State they broke the bolt and had to cut harness. Admit nothing about chip.

If you get no satisfaction, ask for directions to general managers office (don't argue with the jerk, just ask for directions and stand up or turn to leave). If you have to go to the general manager, have a list of all the vehicles you have brought from this group. Explain that this is NOT your fault and you darn sure don't appreciate being treated like this, BUT, if this is the way it's going to be you and your family will never buy another car from this group again and you will make sure that the owners of the group know about it and why. Don't say anything else. Stand up and perpare to leave.
You should win at this point. If on the off chance the GM calls your bluff, tell him you're not paying the bill until all the removed items, harness, pcm, BOLT, are given to you as you plan on going directly from the dealership to your family attorney's office (know his name and address in case your are asked.) This should do it dealerships never win in court and he KNOWS it.
You can beat this clown.
noelvm

Old 05-27-2000 | 02:48 PM
Most techs are paid flat rate, and that rate can change from customer pay to warranty pay. As an example, you need a heater core put in your car. Mitchell or Chiltons puts the labor at 3 hours, but Ford says 1.5 hours. If your paying for it, they will quote you 3 hours. If Ford is paying they only get paid for 1.5 hours. You can see the incentive for the tech and dealer to find that a problem is not a warranty job. Also with flat rate speed is everything, I knew people that could knock out 80+ labor hours in less than 40. Obviously they have to sacrifice something to do that. Many mechanics feel that they are paid to hang parts, the more parts the more money they get. I was a mechanic for some time, I was sickend by most of the people in the field and left it to teach. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you guys. BTW not all shops or mechanics are that way, but unfortunately the majority I've seen have been.

Hey Floyd, you may be able to save a few $$ by asking to see the Ford labor time on the job. I'm almost sure that they are charging you based on Mitchell or Chilton time (normaly about double factory time).

Quick Reply: chip/computer/wiring harness problem found.