Lightning

single blade throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2000, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Bolt
I'd like to e-mail you but unless I'm missing something it says not available on your profile.
Thanks, Jim

Old 05-26-2000, 10:03 PM
Talking

Lots of cool things that could be made from the logo. One board member would like to have a brake pedal cover made. Its a cool idea and I did not think to do that so I will work up a price for him. Yes I did think of doing the trailer hitch end. What do you think it would be worth. I see them in the stores for about $50.00 bucks but I think they may be castings. As for my e-mail, something must be awry. I checked that it should be displayed but anyhow you can get it from my web site which is listed. As always I post the photos of most of the items that I make to my photo albums at Zing.com and you can get there from http://mikesmotorsport.virtualave.net

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

Old 05-27-2000, 03:08 AM
the ones i have seen in stores look like hammered crap... $50 or so wouldnt be too bad for something well made. i always say "you get what you pay for"

i'd try/buy one from you if you do make one.

clonetek@bayou.com

------------------
brooks
'00 silver "L"

Old 05-27-2000, 02:27 PM
Wink

Well after spending some time with my new L (only has 87 miles and I like it better than my vett) it looks like making a carbon fiber inlet tube is not a problem. The only problem is going to be engine movement. I will be testing some ideas this weekend to solve this problem. I think by just leaving a K & N or airiad not mounted might solve the engine flexing problem.
BABolt yes i need help on hose ends

[This message has been edited by TOM91722 (edited 05-27-2000).]

Old 05-27-2000, 02:49 PM
What04......engine flex is a big issue here as you mentioned. That is why that tube is rubber to begin with. When I had my LS-1, everyone was looking at the piece after the maf and saying that is was restrictive, so I decided to experiment. I put in a solid piece and sure enough, my airbox lid cracked from the constant movement. Some of these things are actually engineered a certain way. However, if someone does try it, you never know....it may be a success!

Good luck with it, as I am sure with carbon fibre it would be a great looking piece!

Paul G.

Old 05-27-2000, 03:11 PM
Talking

Tom91722
I will help you if you want (hoses). I would think that a very nice support structure,maybe two aluminum legs about .250 inches in diameter and mounted off the motor or one of the attached components could support the weight of the MAF meter and the filter. There would be no load on the carbon fiber tube and some very nice connectors could be molded for each end. The hose that I showed above is not rubber but in fact silcone and the color is molded in will not rub off. A nice quality carbon fiber piece is just the right ticket for the underhood.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

Quick Reply: single blade throttle body?