Old 05-21-2006 | 01:20 PM
Playing devils advocate.
If your truck did have all those parts, either:
1. something is wrogn with the truck
2. something is wrong with the driver.

I'm guessing #2.

IBTL

Old 05-21-2006 | 09:32 PM
this is the biggest joke i ever heard of in my life... an 02 L with a 6lb pulley and long tubes running 14's haha you buddy my 98 cobra with 266 wrhp runs 13.8....and my 01 L chipped full exhaust forced air kit making just over 380 to the wheels willl hit 12's so i dont wanna hear that ur L runs that slow and for the fact ive raced a 2dr srt 10 and walked the young little lost child back home to his mommy so he would stop crying so take ur mopar loving bowtie wearing *** back to ur world and dont talk **** on us because the one motor company out there did the right thing and circled the right choice..until the day i get beat by an srt 10 and see a modded L run that slow ill stay behind my quote.....

and remember bowties are worn around ur neck not around your *****

Old 05-21-2006 | 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by 3timeLowner
I am 56 years old & my wife has a gt 40 that will run laps around anything that anyone has on this website
I hope I'm not as ignorant as you when I'm 56. I've got a 28mpg, 100% legal street car that will absolutely destroy the GT40 in any performance-oriented race you can think of... and it cost me a fraction of the price. The GT40 is an awesome car, and that's great that you have the means to afford one. But I'll be in the pits eating a hot-dog by the time you catch up with me.

Old 05-21-2006 | 11:20 PM
btw there was only one GT40, and it wasnt made in this century.

Old 05-22-2006 | 12:26 AM
Just a few questions about your time line. You made the first post on 05/20/2006 and stated that "Last weekend I took my 02 to the track", that would be the weekend of 05/13/2006 Saturday and 05/14/2006 Sunday. Then you ordered, purchased, and installed your new supercharger, your exact words are "so next week i took my truck and put a new supercharger on it". Then you state that you went to the track again and still lost. That would put you in this weekend, 05/20/2006 and 05/21/2006. Again I quote you "went back and raced the same silverado and another stock srt and they both won again, my time the 2nd weekend was a 13.4,". Then you state that you sold not traded in all three of your Lightnings and went out and purchased your 2005 srt 10, and I quote you "I can now tell you that I sold all 3 of my Ls and bought a 2005 srt 10 and this thing rocks,". You must be tired after all your activities in one day. Going to the track yesterday (05/20/2006) and loosing, going home and putting all of your L's up for sale, sold all three that day, and then went to the Dodge dealership, still in the same day, and purchased a srt 10. You are one hell of a multitasker.

Old 05-22-2006 | 12:53 AM
Suspended
A stock SRT ram with the Viper engine is faster than a stock lightning, Debate it all you want. The sc 5.4 is a hell of an engine considering it is out gunned only by displacement and two extra cylinders, Truck for truck I view the lightning as the better looking truck, But Ford don't make the Lightning and you can drive the over priced SRT Ram off the show room floor....

Old 05-22-2006 | 12:58 AM
Talking

Hey Lightning,

If he can order, wait for shipping time, and install a s/c, get it tuned up right (all in the same week???) to get back to the track to lose again the next weekend, then listing, selling, and delivering 3 vehicles all in the same day on any day within that same week should be relatively easy. I have this mental image of him trying to install a supercharger...

Weren't we always told that we could do anything we think we can do.

He thought he could do it, so later he thought he done it. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

The timeline is just about as believable as any of the rest of his story...

I noticed one thing all his money can't buy him - enough sense to know whether or not the whopper you tell is even believable.

Just because you kin afford to buy a hot vehicle don't mean you kin drive it.

Remember the guy who comes to the gym/raquetball court/tennis court with a bag full of all the best and newest stuff and doesn't have a clue what to actually do with it when he gets there?

All in all, this thread is sorta entertaining.

Old 05-22-2006 | 01:04 AM
Question

I just realized that he said it was a Lightning weekend, and he counted all the L's there, 23 or more of them, all slowpokes.

What were the SRT's and the Silverado's doing at a Lightning weekend???

Old 05-22-2006 | 02:24 AM
You would think with 23 Lightnings, at least one of them would be a board member here. Strange, huh?

Old 05-22-2006 | 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
A stock SRT ram with the Viper engine is faster than a stock lightning, Debate it all you want. The sc 5.4 is a hell of an engine considering it is out gunned only by displacement and two extra cylinders, Truck for truck I view the lightning as the better looking truck, But Ford don't make the Lightning and you can drive the over priced SRT Ram off the show room floor....
hate to burst your bubble,but we have a srt-10 owner on this forum that hasnt broken a 13.5 if my memory serves,he was a L owner, and now is gonna trade his truck for a corvette. we have several stock L owners that have run 13.2 bone stock, so there is nothing to debate. Just wish I could get a chicken turd-10 owner to race!

Old 05-22-2006 | 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Dork-N-Beans
hate to burst your bubble,but we have a srt-10 owner on this forum that hasnt broken a 13.5 if my memory serves,he was a L owner, and now is gonna trade his truck for a corvette. we have several stock L owners that have run 13.2 bone stock, so there is nothing to debate. Just wish I could get a chicken turd-10 owner to race!
thats me thats me!!! it went 13.4 @107. no chance it would even keep up with a modded lightning. My 01 L with a 2lb pulley went 13.2 in the dead of summer with a head wind. Being an srt-10 owner I can only shake my head is disgust here we are not all like this fool who probably doesn't own either truck.

Old 05-22-2006 | 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by 3timeLowner
since all of you think that just because you own an L just like i did and your something special, then put your money where you mouth is, i sure all of you have seen the show pinks, they have been looking for a fast truck edition. My srt 10 is bone stock, it has 1,348 miles on it and I'll be willing to race any L that has RESONABLE mods. I am have't been saying that L's suck, there just not that fast all things considered. If have the ***** please go to the pinks website and register, and yes after you register, you are binded by contract, I have already registerd and if it is close to stock you have a race. and by the way, the only thing the ford trucks have done right was there 6.0 liters, Every one knows that chevys 5.3 and 350s are one bad *** 4x4, it'll out pull any ford or dodge gas motors
Man I don't know how much easier I can make it. You signed up for Pinks so that means your willing to travel. I am not far from you right now!! I'm in Huntsville, AL and you're in Macon, GA. Come on up here and lets do this!! There is also a 1/4 mile track outside of Birmingham, AL that we can hit up. I am setup for the 1/8th but would give you a rematch in the 1/4 if you'd like. I am trying to be very civil and negotiable, but "Pinks"?? Dude when we get there your gonna want all the car lengths you can get and I'm all about a heads up run what you brung. Best one out of one. This is a message to call your bluff. If your not bluffing then you'll bring that SRT-10 up here and show me what she's got. Oh and a list of my mod's are: 6lb lower, dyno tuned on 93oct., NGK TR6 plugs, and a new belt. Not much, just some minor mods. I'll even give you 5 minutes to look it over for yourself. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
01_White_Light
Huntsville, AL

Old 05-22-2006 | 04:01 PM
he own toy's R us hotwheels........

when he claims he got all those cars and trucks, I think he is referring to toy R us hot wheels .........

what a joke this dude is..........Go away TROLL
we do not welcome you here

Old 05-22-2006 | 06:35 PM
the day I bought my bone stock Lightning stock even to the paper air filter with 5000 miles on the clock the dealer where I bought it took me to the track and the first and only time I have ever run the truck went 13.1 at 105 MPH the manager of the dealer told me that I had a freak of a fast truck. so when you had your "3 lightning" and run them you must have been

Old 05-22-2006 | 11:42 PM
Am I the only one here that thinks that 3timeLowner, is really Rob02 under a different name?
You have to admit they both make the same amount of sense

Quick Reply: L vs srt vs silverado