Lightning

L vs srt vs silverado

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006 | 02:00 PM
|
Smile L vs srt vs silverado

ok, I have 1 93 L, one 99 L and one 02 L, I have many fast cars and trucks, Last weekend I took my 02 to the track, it was L weekend in macon ga. They had a view srt 10 there and a view chevys, My L has a 6lb pulley, dyno muffler, longtube headers and nitrious which i was not useing this weekend. It came my turn to run against a 03 standard cab silverado with a 5.3 supercharged, thats all he had done, I ran a 14.1 and he ran a 12.8, he blew my doors off, from start to finish he was about 5 car links ahead. So next run i used nitrous, this time i was racing a stock srt 10, not even a race, he blew by me to, so next week i took my truck and put a new supercharger on it, and a 9lb pully, went back and raced the same silverado and another stock srt and they both won again, my time the 2nd weekend was a 13.4, and yes i do know how to drive , i have raced cars for 13 years and have stood behind ford all the way, untill i saw what all the other L's were running and every one of them were low 15's and high 14's, this is a joke, every one who says that thier L runs 14's and 13's stock, your wrong I counted 23 L's that were stock and could not do better than 15's. I can now tell you that I sold all 3 of my Ls and bought a 2005 srt 10 and this thing rocks, fast as $#!t and runs stong through the whole power band, this may be an over priced truck, but who cares with this performance.

Old 05-20-2006 | 02:15 PM
Nice!

Looking at the spelling and grammar alone, I would bet a dollar that our boy "3Time Loser" is actually RTKilla under a new screen name.

But not even 'Killa would try to sell a story so utterly stupid and contrived. I'd belive the "drag racing the cop in the neighborhood" before this poorly-crafted piece of tripe.

If you're going to troll and try to stir up some hooey, at least make a decent effort of it. Lame.

Old 05-20-2006 | 02:26 PM
You are so full of **** it isn't funny. You sound like a fu(king moron. Please do us a favor and leave now.

Old 05-20-2006 | 02:38 PM
|
ok. I own a transporting company, Me and my family only drive fords, I am 56 years old and trust me i have driven more fast trucks and cars than you will drive in a life time, iam not trashing anybodys trucks, my son has a 94 L that has over 800 hp, I have an orginal cobra, iam not trashing fords, its just a fact that the srt 10 is a faster truck and if chevy would put thier heads on straight they would have something special. Don't tell me that i am stupid, i probaly have more money and cars than any one on here, just a question how many people actually have raced an srt 10 not the 4 door, or a supercharged 5.3, you want to know facts ask me, my wife has a gt 40 that will run laps around anything that anyone has on this website, I am telling the truth, this is not a dodge or chevy lover, i just am disapointed with the L.

Old 05-20-2006 | 02:45 PM
Yea i also own 4 lightnings and two ford gt40 so i guess your not as big as you think.

Old 05-20-2006 | 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by 3timeLowner
Don't tell me that i am stupid, i probaly have more money and cars than any one on here, just a question how many people actually have raced an srt 10 not the 4 door, or a supercharged 5.3, .
You are stupid. Money doesn't equal brains retard! I doubt you have either. I have raced plenty srt's and chebys. I have heard with a great driver an srt 10 will go like a raped ape, but I PERSONALLY have never seen one break 13.5 Stock or modded. I HAVE seen STOCK L's go LOW 13's.

And SVT45R What, do you think your special? I have 6 Ford GT's, 12 Lightnings, and I invented the pickup truck! J/K Bud!

Old 05-20-2006 | 03:11 PM
i doubt your wife's GT40 will run circles around my 6,500 hp funny car motored Lotus Elise. Or my indy car... or corvettes... or 9 ferrari enzos... And I'm a better driver than you, want to know why? Because I'm Mario Andretti, that's why you jacka$$.... I guess it is no secret that SRT-10s are faster.... especially since there are so many 9 and 10 second ones. Are you sure you weren't racing one of your many other L's? Like your gen1?

Old 05-20-2006 | 03:13 PM
and you need to post pics of all your cars and money... If you do that I'll post some pics of my latest project: Flux capacitor drive lawn mower.. it will run circles around anything you own.. then cut your grass in record amount of time

Old 05-20-2006 | 03:17 PM
Besides that...I couldn't fit into a GT40, cause my 16 inch **** would get tangled up in the steering wheel!

Old 05-20-2006 | 03:41 PM
This is the funniest post I have ever seen!! No doubt the SRT-10s are faster then a Stock L, but I know quite a few L's here in Huntsville, AL that can and will smoke your SRT-10...that'll probably change your mind about L's. On a serious note...I hate Ford, but they make the best truck you can buy. In my opinion Chevy has outperformed Ford when it comes to sportscars (in the past). I've owned severly Trans Am's WS6's in my life and never once beaten by a Ford when driving them, but I am not saying their wasn't a Ford that could beat me, just that I never came across those Ford's. Needless, to say I traded my 01' WS6 in for a 01' Lightning. Granted my 01' WS6 was running 7.7's on bolt-ons only and my truck stock was running 8.6's, but with a few things done to my truck it easily run's mid-low 7's in the 1/8th. Anywho...if you want to tie that SRT-10 up with my SVT we can do it. Huntsville speedway usually preps their track pretty well. Should be no prob for an "experienced" driver as your self to hook. We really need to mount to on-board camera's so we can capture the look on your face when I drag your **** down the track.

Old 05-20-2006 | 04:08 PM
|
since all of you think that just because you own an L just like i did and your something special, then put your money where you mouth is, i sure all of you have seen the show pinks, they have been looking for a fast truck edition. My srt 10 is bone stock, it has 1,348 miles on it and I'll be willing to race any L that has RESONABLE mods. I am have't been saying that L's suck, there just not that fast all things considered. If have the ***** please go to the pinks website and register, and yes after you register, you are binded by contract, I have already registerd and if it is close to stock you have a race. and by the way, the only thing the ford trucks have done right was there 6.0 liters, Every one knows that chevys 5.3 and 350s are one bad *** 4x4, it'll out pull any ford or dodge gas motors

Old 05-20-2006 | 04:20 PM
Can't we all just get along.....

Old 05-20-2006 | 04:21 PM
WOW, this guys sounds like one of the biggest loser. Learn how to drive

Old 05-20-2006 | 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by 3timeLowner
since all of you think that just because you own an L just like i did and your something special, then put your money where you mouth is, i sure all of you have seen the show pinks, they have been looking for a fast truck edition. My srt 10 is bone stock, it has 1,348 miles on it and I'll be willing to race any L that has RESONABLE mods. I am have't been saying that L's suck, there just not that fast all things considered. If have the ***** please go to the pinks website and register, and yes after you register, you are binded by contract, I have already registerd and if it is close to stock you have a race. and by the way, the only thing the ford trucks have done right was there 6.0 liters, Every one knows that chevys 5.3 and 350s are one bad *** 4x4, it'll out pull any ford or dodge gas motors
I'll race ya LOL

Old 05-20-2006 | 05:26 PM
im sorry but any lightning with a 6lb pulley and juice that is still in the 13's the driver needs to really learn how to drive. I had mine in the 11's with juice and pulley

oh and on your pinks edition tell me when and where and ill be there with my L and a trailer to bring the SRT home and if youd like we could even throw your self acclaimed unbeatable gt40 in too

Last edited by LatemodelRacer2; 05-20-2006 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: L vs srt vs silverado