Lightning

X-Pipe, She never saw it coming.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006 | 08:43 PM
|
X-Pipe, She never saw it coming.

Well is there any science to how far an X-Pipe should be from your mufflers? I just had one put on and there was just enough room to get to the straight part of the X before it went into the mufflers. Even though Rob, amoung others, have clearly posted that changing exhaust mufflers ect.. does not make a significant HP gain to notice, we all for the most part like to change exhaust for the sound.

Like most of us when we change something, et..exhaust...we have to prove to our selves if there is or is not an immediate gain (seat of the pants). So I pull up to the stop light and a jeep, that I later find out has the windows down and a female driver, pulls up next to me, light turns green and I go WFO (wide f____ng open), she's on the right side of the truck and got an ear full of exhaust, tire smoke and tire screem.

I looked in the mirror and saw her flinching trying to cover her left ear. Oh well after I slowed down to turn left she passed she gave a big thumbs up. All's well that ends well.

The X did make the sound quieter believe it or not.

Old 05-20-2006 | 09:17 PM
Were you sure it was a thumbs up or the middle finger?lol

Old 05-20-2006 | 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Redlightn 02
Yeah,
I recieved the #1 salute from an older gentleman on I-95 doing something similar!!
Bryan

Old 05-20-2006 | 10:39 PM
evo
I blew by two people on bicycles cleaning out my seafoam and got the 1 finger salute. You wouldn't believe the cloud of smoke. IT was loud and my ported blower whinning. It looked like a fog machine. And yes I was a good ways from them.

Old 05-20-2006 | 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by evo
I blew by two people on bicycles cleaning out my seafoam and got the 1 finger salute. You wouldn't believe the cloud of smoke. IT was loud and my ported blower whinning. It looked like a fog machine. And yes I was a good ways from them.
I always do that to the douchebags in my neighborhood. Or if my neighbors (who I HATE) are outside having a BBQ, then I'll do it to them.

Old 05-21-2006 | 10:37 AM
|
Originally Posted by Redlightn 02
I figured that was coming.

Old 05-23-2006 | 01:11 AM
Well it's not my L but I got a 98 z28 with the LS1 in it. I put a custom grind cam, rebuilt the whole top end and put hooker long tubes on it, no cats with a stock SS muffler system with tips out the back. The cool part is I have a electric cutout underneath right at the start of the y-pipe, needless to say I have recieved several (I'm number one) going down the road. The thing is loud loud loud!!!

Quick Reply: X-Pipe, She never saw it coming.