Lightning

Clogged Fuel Solenoid, what a save..... (prob what killed the 1st motor)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006 | 11:59 PM
|
Clogged Fuel Solenoid, what a save..... (prob what killed the 1st motor)

Unfriggingbelievable I tell ya *(@%^$(@$%(@$%)@$

Been getting the truck ready to spray so I decided to go over EVERYTHING,
"TG I DID"

First thing I needed to do was move the Controller, (it was blocking access to the Aux Port which I need to use now for the XCal2). Last week I moved it HERE, but I didnt like it there and decided I really dont need to look at it no more, "Set it and Forget it". (it's not like you can floor it and stare at it anyway, 600+ HP unleased and your looking where, hehehehe)

Anyways so I moved it to the engine compartment bla bla bla....

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 05-24-2006 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-24-2006 | 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Unfriggingbelievable I tell ya *(@%^$(@$%(@$%)@$

Been getting the truck ready to spray so I decided to go over EVERYTHING,
"TG I DID"

First thing I needed to do was move the Controller, (it was blocking access to the Aux Port which I need to use now for the XCal2). Last week I moved it here

but I didnt like it there and decided I really dont need to look at it no more, "Set it and Forget it". (it's not like you can floor it and stare at it anyway, 600+ HP unleased and your looking where, hehehehe)

Anyways so I moved it to the engine compartment bla bla bla....

Gosh Rob, by the pix, know wonder you have such large forearms, and you led us to believe you've been working out polishing your L. eek.. You really need to get you a girlfriend. j/k lol

Old 05-24-2006 | 12:23 AM
you can look at **** or the controller while pushing 600 hp... which one... hmmm

Old 05-24-2006 | 12:30 AM
So much for your since of humor!

Old 05-24-2006 | 12:33 AM
|
So as I said I wanted to go over everything especially since last time I sprayed I obviously went Crazy Lean, melted 7 out of 8 plugs in seconds, cooked a valve so bad it cracked, piece goes into cylinder, bye bye brand new built motor @&^$%@($^%(@$%(@$%^(@$^%$

So a few days ago I armed the system up WITHOUT ANY NITROUS,
and I opened it up a while on the open road. Since I had no N20 but the system was armed I SHOULD HAVE been spraying tons of FUEL ONLY and bogging down, BUT I WAS NOT and the truck ran awesome (as it always does). I immediately knew something was wrong and I didnt have any Fuel Flowing ???

After a couple of days and nights under the hood, talking to Denny, double checking all the wiring, for whatever reason the Solenoid was working but NOTHING was coming out, AND I MEAN NOT A FKING IOTA OF FUEL....
NOTTA
ZILCH
NOTHING
WTF ????

I've been testing it by disconnecting the line at the nozzle, running the truck, jumping the Solenoid and putting the line in a cup. As said NOTHING....
So I dig deeper......

If I didnt know better I'd swear Gator spat his DNA in my Fuel Solenoid
"YICK"

This picture (close up) below is blown up BIG TIME, remember a pin head barely sticks in the tip of that nozzle, amof it took me a good 5-10 minutes working with the head of a pin and needle nose to get WHATEVER out of there ???

After allowing it to dry, it clearly looks like a paper product so obviously it has to be my Fuel Filter, (an old filter). Even under Fuel Pump Pressure with the Truck running not a drop was comming out, and as said it took quite some time to get a pin through it, SO obviously this happen last year, it was built up and as hard as a rock.
SO NOW WE KNEW WHAT HAPPEN ON THAT OH SO TERRIBLE DAY.....
So it seems I lost a brand new PSP Built Motor because a stupid *** POS Filter broke down and clogged the Solenoid and Jet up, one with only a few hundred miles on it I may add..... @*$@)$%@$)@)$@%$)&%@$)@
DAM FUEL FILTER *@#(^@(*$%)@%^)@#%%$
FU FUEL FILTER!!!

Anyway, SHE'S A FLOWING LIKE A MO FO NOW......

It flows so much and I was so impressed that I decided to take a Vid of it.
As soon as I jumped the Solenoid so much came out and it filled up so fast that the Cup Melted and the Gas went flying all over the motor
&(@$^%(@$&^%(@$%@($%@($%@($%@($%@$($
DAM PLASTIC CUPS $*(&@$%(@$%@$%()@$%@)$%)@$%)@$
hehehehehehehehe

So I got like two frames before I panic'd and threw the camera so I could shut the truck off and clean up the gas, that the clearest one.

Old 05-24-2006 | 12:38 AM
|
THANK THE FORCE I DIDNT SPRAY IT
GREAT SAVE ROB!!!

Not a bad job for late night work hu.........

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 05-24-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-24-2006 | 12:50 AM
Hey Rob, correct me if I'm wrong but it does not look like you have taken your truck in for your recall on you cruise control cancellation on your master cylinder. If not, please do so for your self and the rest of us. we do not want to see that Beautifull truck in ruins. It is known that it will cause a short causing the truck to catch fire under the hood. As you well know. Just trying to be a friend. Glad you figured out you nos problem.

Old 05-24-2006 | 02:00 AM
Rob, why do I get the feeling your going to win the Darwin award some day?

Old 05-24-2006 | 02:29 AM
The only thing worse than Rob's way-too-many, way-too-large-pictures posts are people who quote the whole &$^^# thing, pictures and all, just to add a comment.

Can't you guys see how this makes the damn thread impossible to read while the pictures are loading? It's like paying Frogger with the mouse to stay one step ahead of the images loading.

Old 05-24-2006 | 06:14 AM
Rob....do you use teflon tape on your fittings ??

Old 05-24-2006 | 07:19 AM
|
Originally Posted by samiam513
you can look at **** or the controller while pushing 600 hp... which one... hmmm
I found her on my truck one day and never did find out where she came from?
It's like she dropped from the sky, I figure someday she'll show up at my door and I can say, HEY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU, see I have your pic

Originally Posted by twb02lightning
Hey Rob, correct me if I'm wrong but it does not look like you have taken your truck in for your recall on you cruise control cancellation on your master cylinder.........

Just trying to be a friend. Glad you figured out you nos problem.
THANKS and No your not wrong and there's 3 reasons for it,
1- I NEVER let a Ford Dealer touch my Truck
2- I use my cruise control
3- I have Fire and Theft (and a good Lawyer) so let it burn......

Originally Posted by whip
Rob, why do I get the feeling your going to win the Darwin award some day?
To qualify, one must die or otherwise render oneself incapable of reproducing in an extraordinarily idiotic manner, such as juggling hand grenades (Croatia, 2001[1]), jumping out of a plane to film skydivers while forgetting to wear a parachute oneself (USA, 1987[2]), trying to get enough light to look down a gun barrel using a cigarette lighter (USA, 1996 [3]), cutting off one's own head with a chainsaw in a macho-contest (Poland, 1996[4]), (I LIKE THAT ONE) using a lighter to illuminate a fuel tank to make sure it contains nothing flammable (Brazil, 2003[5]), (I may have actually done that before) or heating a lava lamp on top of a stove (USA, 2004[6])

THANKS WHIP (Thumbs Up), I'll take that as a compliment

Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
The only thing worse than Rob's way-too-many, way-too-large-pictures posts are people who quote the whole &$^^# thing, pictures and all, just to add a comment.
Ya like it aint bad enough having to read it once ': o ()
Some pic's deleted or posted diff for you Tim
(again I dont know what Dial up is like, but sorry.......)

Originally Posted by Bad as L
Rob....do you use teflon tape on your fittings ??
Sup Dale,
Although that answer would always be NO not on a N20 system,
I did originally have quite a hard time getting the fuel rail fitting to not leak, so against my better judgement (and after having a fuel leak over and over again) I did use it on the Fuel Rail Fitting some years back. It's all been upgraded and changed since then and that was my first thought on what it was, but as said after it dried it was more like a white fiber (paper like) material. I guess it could be Tef Tape Hu ??? Have you seen it ever break down like that ???

DAM TEF TAPE )@*&$^)@$%)@*&$%)@*$&%)@$%)@$%)@$

Old 05-24-2006 | 08:46 AM
Rob,
2 questions: What brand of fuel filter do you use? And what oil do you use on your air filter?

Old 05-24-2006 | 09:26 AM
CLIFF NOTES VERSION:

The motor SAL at PSP built for Rob ate itself. The cause appears to be a clogged fuel solenoid for the nitrous kit. The Solenoid was clogged by what appears to be paper, most likely from a fuel filter.

A defective fuel filter clogged the fuel solenoid, forcing the engine to go extremely lean, burn up spark plugs, and valves, eating the motor.

close?

Old 05-24-2006 | 09:27 AM
this is something that I do not understand.I have 2 vehicles in my shop now that are N2 and both have motor problems CAUSED by the same thing.why is no one running a seperate filter for the fuel solenoid? I know when I ran it [years ago] I ran one and just hchanged it at each bottle fill up.Way cheaper than a motor.Also Rob since the solenoid is plugged do you not think the injectors have the same trash in them?i bet that there is some of the same stuff in the injector screens as you are seeing in the solenoid.Also I am seeing more filter related problems could it be the additive package that is in the fuels now or maybe the additives that owners put in the fuel?I am a FIRM believer that you put what ever fuel in and NO additional additives.I know tolune and such is an octane booster but it is also somewhat of a corrosive and the amounts that I have heard end up in the tanks is way more than I would even think about!Spend the $ to get the correct grade of fuel instead of trying to go the 'cheap' way out!Stan

PS the last statement is not directed towards you but to every one who does it.

Last edited by Ruslow; 05-24-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-24-2006 | 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by l-menace
CLIFF NOTES VERSION:

Quick Reply: Clogged Fuel Solenoid, what a save..... (prob what killed the 1st motor)