Lightning

Couple of races around here ..

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2000 | 02:27 PM
|
Post Couple of races around here ..

First night out i had a guy in a mustang eyeballing me. Well i hurt his feelings pretty bad i think after we jumped on it he turned off right away at next side st.

Last night a Cobra (last body style), was riding my *** down Lincoln so i waited till we got to the service drive punched it a bit at about 30 i pulled a bit. Next he see's a corvette and is chasing it down i follow both, after a bit we are both at a light. I brake torqe it a bit and launch so does he, i pulled so much on him i thought he was not racing even. My question is should my L spank a cobra this bad, or maybe did he just have Badges on a regular mustang? He had the hood and gauges in it to if so.

Also had a porshe eyeballing me on 696 but i could not get next to him to get a good shot =(.

Jason

Old 06-06-2000 | 03:22 PM
tvw
I traded a '99 Cobra for my L. My experience with both suggests that stock to stock they'd be pretty close, L maybe a little ahead until 3rd, and there the Cobra probably begins to pull some, continuing to do so more in 4th if it goes that far. If you pulled hard on a '99 he probably wasn't into it.

-tvw

Old 06-06-2000 | 03:41 PM
I have beaten a couple Cobras both at the track and on the road. Dont know if it was driver or lack of power but I was out fron the whole way

Doug

Old 06-06-2000 | 08:22 PM
The Cobras should be as fast as the L, but they seem to be harder to launch properly with the stick. They sit there having a wheelspin party, while we motor on. Same with Zs and TAs.

I can't seem to buy a race from anyone these days. We need to take all the doodads off, put 4x4 stickers on these things and go stealth.

------------------
Regards,
Gordon

99.5 Red Lightning
Only driven on Sundays (1/4 mile at a time)

Old 06-06-2000 | 10:10 PM
DIDDO BadDog. I can't even buy a street race anymore. The word is surely out.

HANKFAN

Old 06-06-2000 | 11:44 PM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Oh come on, there is always that Maxima or Sunfire revving his engine, you know it! (Pathetic isn't it?)

Its much better up here than in the states. Having only 5 solid months of no snow really makes for cabin fever and racing fever on these streets.

Old 06-07-2000 | 12:18 AM
why not just put some dodge badges on 'em, then everyone will race.

------------------
Floyd91
Why do I do the things that I do? Because, The chicks dig it!
99.5 White lightning
#2349 Born on 6/14/99

Clear Corners
Clear Tail lights
APC Ultra White headlights
PIAA Super White Driving lights
PSP Filter Kit
BellTech 3/4 drop

Razo carbon Race Pedals
Racing Trendz!

Old 06-07-2000 | 12:44 AM
Thumbs up

I traded my 1999 Cobra in for my 2000 lighting, and the main problem with the Cobra is the launch and keeping it from wheel-hopping (the IRS sucks for drag-racing). I did however like the tires I put on my Cobra, Firestone SZ50s; they stuck a lot better than the factory BFG's. If they made them in the size for the lighting wheels, I would have already bought a set.

Quick Reply: Couple of races around here ..