Lightning

Pulley's anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2000 | 10:44 AM
|
Question Pulley's anyone?

What a board this one is.
Not even going to get into this chip war, Had a Superchip, trashed it and got SHM's Chip and Mass Air. I've had a huge grin on my face since.
Anyways, don't want to get started into that one, does anyone have any solid info on the blower pulley's? Seems like you've heard it all so far, and could use your info.

Old 06-10-2000 | 10:59 AM
Isn't SMH's Chip a superchip?
I hope he just reflashed your old chip, with his slightly differnt program...

I'm not a big fan of the Pulleys, partly because it will cause extra wear on the blower bearing (This is straight from Magnuson and Eaton), but more because of the dimishing returns because the blower become increasingly inefficent when spun faster then stock. Also the damage to the blower to install the pulley. I Talk to an Engineer at Magnuson, and they have already repaired 9 blower because of people putting smaller ones on. It cost around 1000 each to fix, some are more because alot of damage.
They have recieved some that were cheaper to get a new one then fix the old one.

Just my .02.

Old 06-10-2000 | 11:23 AM
|
Thanks for the pulley info.
SHM's program has to be different. When I was using Superchip, My shifts seems off, and felt like there was something always holding back, like it was doing nothing but sucking hot air. It was really no better than it was running stock.
When I stuck in the new chip from SHM, my shifts were really crisp, and my revs were excellent, had a really great feeling. I noticed a big difference when I put on the Mass Air, just gotta solve the tire slippage problem now.
I love my truck, it's the only one in this area, and wipes anything off the road around here anyways, but I'm always looking for new mods for my truck, for the day when a worthy challenger besides "Farmer Joe" and his beat up Chevy truck decide to race me at the lights.
Thanks Again for the info.

Old 06-10-2000 | 11:34 AM
I'm not saying there are not gains to this, but I would just consider at what Costs.

Old 06-10-2000 | 11:52 AM
|
Ok, maybe you can answer this one for me, SHM's got a trans brake kit coming up, what exactly will that do for (or to) my truck???
Is that like a shift kit?

Old 06-10-2000 | 05:28 PM
A trans brake engages two gears at once, locking the trans. Many racers do this to hold the car at the line while raising the engine to a certain RPM. It is hard on the drive train, since it will shock everything behind the trans just like a stick shift car. I wouldn't recomend it unless you are looking to build the L into a bracket racer and want to launch off a push button.

Old 06-11-2000 | 12:17 AM
Moses, can you send me an email, I want to know more about the Chip and Mass you put in. Don't bother posting here, you'll get killed with tons of other posts.
thanks

Old 06-11-2000 | 12:34 AM
|
You don't have your email listed.
Just go to their website or call them, they can probably tell you more than me. I've only had this set-up for about 3 months anyways. Working fine for me so far, so I'm not complaining. If you call in, ask for Jeff, he's the one that sold me my mods, he seems to know a lot about these mods.

Quick Reply: Pulley's anyone?