Lightning

Z06 VS. Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2000, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My opinion on this matter,

OK,Where do I begin?
If I were to buy a sports car,I would definatly buy a Corvette.It is powerful,looks CLASSY!! ,respectful and holds its value.To me it is the ultimate sports car.I know some of you would take a viper but to me its kind of a show off car.Thats why I like the vette.Its not a show off car but a classy sports model.
On the other hand,I am true TRUCK guy.I would rather have a nice classy fast truck then a vette.This lightning has to be the most ultimate vechicle ever built.It is fast,It is classy(alot of older people admire it)You cant say that about a tricked out vechicle.Usually people look at other things as a "spiced out pimp mobile".But the lightning to me is like a vette in similar ways.People look at it in the same way.Anyway this is just my opinion.A vette is respectful,A lightning is a vette but in a truck platform.

My honest opinion is an SL600 is the ultimate sport coupe but I know I could never afford it so I made a comparision with the two "affordable" sport vechicles.

One more thing.Chevy should wake up and build a truck like the lightning

Old 06-06-2000, 01:29 PM
I had to reply to this one.

I was never a "truck guy." I purchased a 1999 Corvette last year and have ordered a Z06. I autocross and the Z06 is right up my alley. Now, I need a tow vehicle and the Lightning is at the top of my list. I have never liked trucks, but I love the lightning.

Old 06-06-2000, 01:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I'll run my 99 bolt against any vette ZO6 witha load of topsoil in the back of each :-o

Old 06-06-2000, 02:08 PM
My boss has a vette. He won't drive it anywhere so it won't get dirty. I can't get in it cause it is too small for my shoulders OR my legs. When I travel, I rent a truck. Let's see him haul a lawn tractor .
Red 99. So I can pass traffic in the mountains.

Old 06-06-2000, 04:52 PM
I guess I can speak clearly on this. I just ordered my L and got rid of my 2000 Vette and 2000 SS. (I am having a baby and those toys are not that practical right now). Both of these cars are fast (the SS was not much slower than the vette). This is like comparing apples to oranges, a car versus a truck. I have never owned a truck and always had sports cars, but when my buddy got his lightning and I rode in it, I was hooked. The L is an awsome peice of machinery and so is the Z06, but I must say that if you are looking for speed and handling go with the Z06, stock for stock it will romp the L any day of the week. The L is more practical and probably more bang for the buck (just like the SS), but hey every tool has its use.

And, yes, for the same money, you can make your L out run the Z06 in a straight line, but the first curve you come to... you will be looking at taillights.

Old 06-06-2000, 07:48 PM
Zorprim,

To much money in all my mods. Its like a never ending pit

Alphadog,

Ya I know what you mean. I actually have seen a bone stock
lightning run in the Mid to high 13's. Actually I know mad from
the other BBS boards(Ford vs. Chevy, Corral) and he is actually
a nice guy. I havent ever seen him in a Flame
war like that??

The lightining is BAD AZZ truck. If i didnt have so much money
sunk into the "PITT" I would be driving one!!!

Rocky

Old 06-06-2000, 09:53 PM
No ****. Chevy has a lot to brag about. It's real hard to make a 3,000 pound car out run a 4,600 pound full size truck. Way to go Cheverolet, I knew you guys could do it.

HANKFAN

P.S. I really wanted Chevy to build the Chevy SS but I guess Chevy figured that it would turn out like the 454 SS's and just make asses out of themselves.

Old 06-10-2000, 03:46 PM
HANKFAN,

Your point is invalid. C5 owners don't look to the Lightning as their main competition. People that compare the C5 and Lightning are mainly Lightning owners. Nobody's bragging about the C5 Z06 being able to tear up a Lightning, though some have stated it, in a matter of fact way, not an "I'm better than you" way.

P.S. The Lightning is more of a compact than a "full sized" truck.

Old 06-10-2000, 04:52 PM
What is your definition of a full size truck?

The F150/250/350, C1500/2500/3500, Tundra, Ram 1500/2500/3500 series are full size and you can get all of these in STANDARD CAB SHORT BED, just like the L.

The dakota is mid size.

The ranger/s10/nissan/toyota's are compact.

------------------
Go Hard or Go home........
*Red 2000 SVT Lightning
*Leer Lo-Rider Bed Cover
*PSP Filter
*PSP Chip
*Adopted 3/29/00
-98 Mustang GT Convertible 4.6L Supercharged with FRPP Eaton M112 @ 9psi, to many other handling/engine mods to list.....

Old 06-10-2000, 10:53 PM
Cool

EXODUS- I Aggree with you on some Lightning owners that brag there L is faster/better then C5's (Apples and Oranges).

But as far as "Full Size Truck" the L is diffently Full Size. The Bed is 4'X6' and thats a Full Size Truck. But the L Isn't a true 1/2 ton truck (Load wise). The Payload is only 800 LB(People and stuff in cab and Bed).

Dave

Old 06-10-2000, 10:59 PM
Yep, you guys are right. Technically it is a full sized truck, dimension wise, but when I think of performance trucks, I think of an S10 Xtreme and of course the F150 Lightning. Association kills...

Quick Reply: Z06 VS. Lightning