Lightning

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2000, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I need help!

Who can I call about this-> I took my truck in for a leaking intercooler, over FOUR weeks ago! The gaskets they need are on back order until the 15th (at least). This is really begining to P!$$ me off. At this point I don't care if they have to put an engine assembly in to fix it. I want my truck before the end of summer. I also don't care for making a large lease payment on a plain v-6 F150. Thanks

Old 06-10-2000, 05:56 PM
Seems to me a reasonable amount of time has been exceded in thier attempt at repair. I would inform them of this and insist on action ..now....and a new motor with the gaskets installed from the factory. Probably faster fix that just gaskets and new intercooler.

------------------
Sal's Filter and Chip
Muffler Delete Option
Interceptor Modulator
AutoMeter Pod w/Phantom Boost Gauge
Aim Drop Shackels
Color Matched Mirrors and Taillight trim by AVS.
Bedrug
Clear Corners (Peace offering from California Concepts}
Focus Lens covers.
Boss Amp-Infinity Components-JBL powered Sub-Dynamat
Wet Okoles
Smooth Cowl in paint prep
JBA's,carbon Fiber kit up next.
Then the Grill....Hood and..and

Red 99 Lightning #????4/30/99 (Totaled)
Black 99 Lightning #$$$$ 5/25/99
White 88 SVO Merkur Xr4ti
Sand Gold 88 Xr4ti
Silver 95 SHO
Black 2000 Integra Type R #758 adopted (Eaton Inside soon)

[This message has been edited by Twisted99 (edited 06-10-2000).]

Old 06-10-2000, 06:05 PM
Talking

Have your attorney call them and tell them to fix your truck in one week, give you a new truck, refund all your payments and interest, or prepare for litigation. You don't have to put up with that kind of crap. Four weeks, They could have fixed it by now somehow if they wanted to. You just haven't been screaming loud enough. They always grease the wheel that squiks the loudest. You need to be that wheel.

Old 06-10-2000, 08:11 PM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
I remember one time I needed a gasket for the thermostat in my 66 inline 6 250 c.i. chevy. They did not have one, so I asked if they had gasket making material that I could carve one from. I know that these gaskets could be totally different, but I am sure they could come up with a temporary gasket atleast. Running cool ever since...

Old 06-10-2000, 08:21 PM
Exclamation

It took me about 4-6 weeks to get my intercooler leak fixed back in January. This was with me calling DAILY to inquire. The part was backordered for over 2 months and finally the dealership got so tired of my calling that they researched the manufacturer of the part and ordered direct through them, bypassing the ford system entirely.

Be persistent but polite and eventually they should come through. If not, threaten legal action and speak to the owner of the dealership. This worked for me at Northside Ford in San antonio which is quite possibly the worst dealer I have ever encountered. They are the only SVT dealer in town so I was using them but have since switched to a non-SVT dealership and the new dealer (red mcCombs) has been wonderful.

Old 06-10-2000, 09:07 PM
Man, ya'lls must have been leaking bad or something. My dealer let me drive my truck until the parts came in. Took them 2 days to do the repair. Complain some more, give some demands. It should not take that long at all.
Jerrod

Old 06-10-2000, 09:23 PM
Location: Garden Grove,Ca. USA three block from Disney Land the Second best Ride
Angry

Had some problem to but start writing letter and don't stop till you get what you want. They have a board that will be last to hear to it but thats what has to happen. But stand up for your rights!!!!!!!!!

------------------
1999 Red SVT Lightning
#3466 of 4000
NLOC #428
99 Grand Prix GTP Red

Old 06-11-2000, 02:29 PM
Thanks guys, I'll let you know what happens.