Lightning

Some vendor issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006 | 12:46 AM
Haha...now thats funny!
FWIW...do you guys really think he's vendor bashing? I mean come on...if the box is crap, the box is crap. I'm one of the first guys to bash JL, only becuase I'm sick of his customers bashing JDM. But I have met JL in person, and can say he's a hell of a nice guy. I always thought the JL box was an awesome looking piece. I'm glad someone brought the quality to my attention. It seems he's not the only one with complaints about it. Maybe JL will step it up a notch and have his supplier do a better job welding it.

Old 06-17-2006 | 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Bad as L
Get a couple a vendors pissed at ya....and then sell your truck.....its an east coast thing

Please carry on

Now thats funny!
I don't care who you are ao where you live

Old 06-17-2006 | 12:34 PM
|
hahahaha

Get a couple a vendors pissed at ya....and then sell your truck.....its an east coast thing

That is some funny stuff

Old 06-17-2006 | 12:37 PM
|
yes

I always thought the JL box was an awesome looking piece. I'm glad someone brought the quality to my attention. It seems he's not the only one with complaints about it. Maybe JL will step it up a notch and have his supplier do a better job welding it.
My point exactly. I love the box, don't get me wrong. I don't have a bad word to say about JL personally. I'm just pointing out that it seemed they were shotty as far as how they were fastened. I was thinking maybe I just got a bad one or something. But obviously that's how they are and maybe JL will consider checking into it. Sorry if I openly point out a problem with a vendor's product, but it is what it is.

Some of you pot stirers need to put the spoon down and step away.

Old 06-17-2006 | 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
My point exactly. I love the box, don't get me wrong. I don't have a bad word to say about JL personally. I'm just pointing out that it seemed they were shotty as far as how they were fastened. I was thinking maybe I just got a bad one or something. But obviously that's how they are and maybe JL will consider checking into it. Sorry if I openly point out a problem with a vendor's product, but it is what it is.

Some of you pot stirers need to put the spoon down and step away.
If you would have titled the thread better, you may not have gotten some negative responses. You didn't have a vendor problem, you just didn't like the quality of one of their products.

-Mark

Old 06-17-2006 | 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
If you would have titled the thread better, you may not have gotten some negative responses. You didn't have a vendor problem, you just didn't like the quality of one of their products.

-Mark
Thats gay. this isn't a quilting forum. People need to put some creme on thier chapped holes and not be so damn sensitive! He didnt like the stupid box for quality reasons. He said so. Its not like its a generic box that the vendor happens to carry...its something that he has made to his specs.

Old 06-17-2006 | 02:03 PM
|
yeah right

If you would have titled the thread better, you may not have gotten some negative responses

Yeah right, stop and look around where you are here....

I really don't care if there are negative responses, i let everyone know what the deal was. If they don't like, great for them

Last edited by tallimeca; 06-17-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-17-2006 | 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by whip
Thats gay. this isn't a quilting forum. People need to put some creme on thier chapped holes and not be so damn sensitive! He didnt like the stupid box for quality reasons. He said so. Its not like its a generic box that the vendor happens to carry...its something that he has made to his specs.
Who the fock asked you?

Old 06-17-2006 | 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
Who the fock asked you?
And who asked you??? Go back to quilting yourself a new skirt!

Old 06-17-2006 | 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by whip
And who asked you??? Go back to quilting yourself a new skirt!
Take your own advise and pull out that creme..

Old 06-17-2006 | 05:13 PM
Would you two quiet down....I'm the only funny guy around here

Old 06-17-2006 | 06:17 PM
Old 06-18-2006 | 09:44 AM
Hey there DALE , HUFF here... what the H e l l brings you over here Listen up::: isn't Mount St Helen's ready to erupt again! LOL. Don't worry, I won't tell these people where you live This is the East Coast your deal'in with and we jump to conclusions FAST. With that said::: I agree with everybody here BUT the only way to get a product improved is to POINT out the FLAWS. I am sure that Johnny has these boxes fabricated from another party that slaps on his LOGO and paints them and Johnny packages them for retail. Yes! they are a nice looking UNIT on a GEN II . Do you guys think that testing of this air box in REAL world conditions IE:: heat, vibration, harmonics were done before they were sold "" NOT "" One might think that the little tack welds to hold the box together were sufficient but the long term test proves other wise. No, I don't believe it is a bash on anyones part , but a different way of notifying the vender of this product's flaws needs to be formated. That's all, sometimes we don't type down exactally what we are thinking. This causes frustration ,anger and a few choise words. PEACE OUT

Old 06-18-2006 | 02:16 PM
|
Problem is

I purchased this unit second hand, so how am i honstly going to call up JL and complain about it. Chances are he is going to point the finger at the previous owner doing something that cause it to fail. Now, maybe he wouldn't and I hate to paint people with the same brush, BUT , I'm not asking or expecting to be compansated for anything. Just pointed out the flaw that I see. It's up to JL if he wants to look into it and or do something about it.

I still have no idea about the REM tube. I did a search and didn't find any fitting issue. Just me luck I guess. Again, easy fix but i would expect it would have fit right up.

Put this do bed unless anyone else wants to post if they've seen issues.

Old 06-18-2006 | 02:48 PM
So in a nutshell then;

The box works well just that the welding is like pigeon crap.

Quick Reply: Some vendor issues