Lightning

Step Back

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2000, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Step Back

http://pages.cthome.net/gus/mini.html

The above site should all make us pause and appreciate the hot rodder in all of us. This site is becoming a little mean sprited.

The Lightning is a beautiful and quick truck, sure to become a legend, is NOT the be all and end all of the world. I call for us to appreciate our fellow racers alittle more.
The BOLT speaks for itself.

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and Good Racing.

Old 06-12-2000, 06:17 PM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Goes to show, that no matter what you how fast you can go, there will always be someone faster, and they could be in a MINIVAN!
Speaking of which, I had my a$$ handed to me by a Trans Am, WS-6, that had been modified with some raptor kit (Read WS-7 on the rear), it was over at 45 mph. Ohwell, I told him I'll race him to Home Depot and back...

Old 06-12-2000, 09:07 PM
Hmmm.....a raptor kit....I remember that back when I was at LS1.com......I just don't remember what the kit had on it. I think it was just a hood at the time...things change so fast though.

He probably had so much plastic on his car, you would need a glue gun to put it back together after a bump. I like cars like that when they are tastefully done, but to call something a WS-7 is a bit much. I think I'll call my truck a "Lightning Cobra". In essence, it's just a substitute for the real thing...I guess, what ever makes them happy.

;-)

Paul G.

Old 06-12-2000, 09:13 PM
Yes the WS7 option shown on the back is generally recognized as a FAKE WS6. Got the looks but not the guts.

Sort of like putting SVT badges on a regular F150. wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

------------------
2000 Red Lightning Born 3-8-00 / Delivered 3-22-00
22% Window Tint, Clear Corners, MPulse LoPro Tonneau, AIM 2" Drop Shackles, Bed Rug, PSP Filter Kit

'99 Yukon Denali - Silver, Lowered 1", Borbet CW4's, 285/60R18 Toyo Proxes S/T's, Hotchkis AntiSways, Edelbrock Shocks

2000 Red Trans Am Ram Air WS6, 6 Speed - Delivered 2-15-00 - Awesome Looking Car

Old 06-13-2000, 04:41 AM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Well, this one may have had more than cosmetics, he really did hand me my a**. Say WHAT04, have you ever run you trans am against your Lightning? how long before the trans am walked away? This one galloped (spell?).

Old 06-13-2000, 07:46 AM
Tundra,

I find it terribly difficult to drive both at once. But seriously, the T/A is my wife's car and she would have a difficult time keeping up as she wouldn't be too fond of dumping the clutch to get going nor would she rip through the shifts. Between the two of us, I don't think we would get into much past 100 mph anyway and by that time the L would kill it.

I, myself, am not a big fan of manuals, and can say that the Seat-O-Pants meter has the L jumping out in the lead. If you read LS1.com enough, you get a chill reading about hard shifting these six speeds.

Blah, blah, blah ... I'll take the Lightning.

Old 06-13-2000, 08:01 AM
Location: Garden Grove,Ca. USA three block from Disney Land the Second best Ride
Unhappy

I have been beaten by a Trans Am and have beaten a Trans Am it depends on the driver if you get a good driver in the Trans you'll get your butt handed to you. The Trans is faster than a Vette seen that in a couple of magazines can't remember which ones right now. A Vette doesn't bother me but a Trans Am makes my butt pucker.

------------------
1999 Red SVT Lightning
#3466 of 4000
NLOC #428
99 Grand Prix GTP Red

[This message has been edited by Super Chicken (edited 06-13-2000).]

Quick Reply: Step Back