Lightning

Why/How I got my Lightning--Common Story?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2000, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a Silver one In Feb Before even seeing a Lightning in the flesh

Love it

Doug

Old 06-08-2000, 12:22 AM
PFA
Thumbs up

Congrats!! So what does your son think of the NO-POTENTIAL Lightning now?!

------------------
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
PFA
'99 WHITE LIGHTNIN'
#0873--1 of 866--
RHINO, Soft cover, LoJack, Valentine 1, Mobil 1
Phantom Boost gauge-#5707
Phantom Water temp. gauge-#5737--not in yet
Dual pod for pillar-#15303--not in yet
Plasma Super White headlight and foglight bulbs

2000 Mercury Villager Sport

Old 06-08-2000, 12:26 AM
Wink

Well, you should have seen his face after running down that turbo
When I asked if it was OK to buy one, he just grined and quietly asked me not to lower it any further.

Dad w/ happy son

------------------
Big1Daddy
--------
00 Silver Lightning, DOB 05/00, Stock, More Fun than anything else I can remember using 4 wheels--
Looking for info to take out my pesky neighbors C5

Old 06-08-2000, 01:52 AM
Wink

My L is 4 weeks away but here's how I decided on it.

I've never liked trucks. My current vehicle is an LS400 Lexus. One day while driving home from playing golf in Palm Springs (we were doing 110) a black truck blows by me. I noticed the nose as it quickly caught up with me, and then the size of the wheels/tires as it passed. It really put the zap on me. Eventually caught up with it thanks to traffic ahead. Saw "Lightning" on the side.

The next day went to my local Ford dealer and they had a white one and actually allowed me to test drive it. Fell in love. My whole body was still shaking after the ride. It was not quiet and smooth like the Lexus but that was OK with me. Still didn't feel right about the truck though so I did not buy it. Some months passed and I really started to be bored with my LS and I was also going thru the obligatory midlife crisis so decided to test drive a corvette. It was fun, but it was cramped and uncomfortable (I'm 6'4") and I decided why not get something as fast as the vette with tons of room, so I ordered an L. Wanted Silver but Black is the last one coming. So I'm getting Black. Left a deposit. Supposed to leave the factory on the 21st of this month and arrive in L.A. around July 4th. None of my friends can believe I am getting a "truck". Wait till they see what it really is.

By the way, anyone hae any experience with Ford delievery schedules? I pray it's not late in arriving.

Looking forward to being a "real" owner soon.

[This message has been edited by kobiashi (edited 06-08-2000).]

Old 06-08-2000, 01:37 PM
kobiashi, don't settle on a color you don't want. And no need to wait. Magic Ford (Valencia) and Metro Ford(No Hollywood) had black ones in stock as of Monday. My dealer, Steve at Barber Ford Ventura has one Red one in stock as of this morning (I told him I would list it on this site).

If you go to the www.svt.ford.com website and look up dealers, you will find about 60 dealers within 250 miles. One of them will have exactly what you want.

SO GO GET IT!!!

------------------
Big1Daddy
--------
00 Silver Lightning, DOB 05/00, Stock, More Fun than anything else I can remember using 4 wheels--

Old 06-08-2000, 02:24 PM
kobiashi, don't settle on a color you don't want. And no need to wait. Magic Ford (Valencia) and Metro Ford(No Hollywood) had black ones in stock as of Monday. My dealer, Steve at Barber Ford Ventura has one Red one in stock as of this morning (I told him I would list it on this site).

If you go to the www.svt.ford.com website and look up dealers, you will find about 60 dealers within 250 miles. One of them will have exactly what you want.

SO GO GET IT!!!

------------------
Big1Daddy
--------

Old 06-08-2000, 08:22 PM
I had my turbo Acura rice burner stolen, I went back to buy the Type R, the dealer wanted some huge $$$ so I walked. I decided to get a truck to pull my rice racer to and fro. I of course know Fords make better trucks. So I found a L, I could tow with the L and my wife could race with me! Then the L could tow the rice racer back home.

The sad part about this is the wife now likes the L so much she NEVER drives the LS1 Z that I got for her. Ford should make a L SUV then my problems would be solved.

[This message has been edited by RedIsFaster (edited 06-08-2000).]

Old 06-13-2000, 09:24 PM
As I posted elsewhere, couldn't get the 4.10s installed because mechanic could not get the right shims for the 9.75" rear end.
So, don't know when I will be ready for a comparo. Still working on getting the gears installed, will give SVT a call tomorrow.
Have you any interest in the Sespe Creek Car Show and Chile Cook-off on the 4th?

Quick Reply: Why/How I got my Lightning--Common Story?