Lightning

Pickup 2000 Black Lightning Thursday

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2000, 01:15 AM
DJY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Pickup 2000 Black Lightning Thursday

I enjoy reading all the post on the subject Lightning! Thursday I pick up my new Black Lighting! I paid MSRP! Hard to get truck in Hawaii I ordered my Lightning April 1. I'm so excitied! Question what kind of Gas should I put in truck 92, 89, 87 grade? What grade of oil to you Lighting owners reccomend? Are you surpose to drive easy in the beginning for breakin period?

So far I purchase Bell Tech 3/4 drop, edelbrock shocks, Carbon Fiber molded dash kit, Trenz top and bottom grills. Plan to start installing these parts this weekend! Will send pictures of the updates!
Aloha, DJY

Old 06-15-2000, 02:07 AM
Thumbs up

Well, I sure hope you enjoy your new L. but I've done quite a bit of driving aroun Oahu, and I'll be damned if I know what roads you can tap its potential on. There's a motorcop with a radar gun lurking behind every overpass on H1 and H2. Which dealer did you get it from, Honolulu or Windward? Surprised you could get it for MSRP from either of those dealerships. Bought my kid a Ranger from Cutter in February, they were the only dealer willing to cut a deal. I'll tell him to wave if he sees a black Lightning.
Aloha.

------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

'84 Alan Record Carbonio, Aerospoke wheels, Campy brakes.
'00 SVT Lightning, silver, G-tech Pro, JBA headers, cam bolts, 4.10 gears
(soon, Swanson's chip and MAF, Cal-tracs)

gmvye@pacbell.net

Old 06-15-2000, 02:19 AM
DJY
I purchased my Lightning from Honolulu Ford. Honolulu Ford and Windward Ford are the only SVT dealers in the state. Cutter Ford isn't a SVT dealer.
Yes, I live in a Police state there are Solo Harley cops and Police cars and alot of unmarked private owned police cars. Very hard to speed and not get caught. I plan to take my truck to the Hawaii Raceway and see what it can do in the 1/4 mile after I break it in. Aloha, Djy

Old 06-15-2000, 05:09 AM
Hey Brah...... Howzit,
a
No.... I'm a Mainlander... but I been there many times !!!! Love it there. I been to the Saturday nite drags out there.... was it at Barbers Point??? (or was that the Go-Kart track???) any way I forget. For all of you who don't know..... that Saturday nite grudge nite is really big in Hawaii !!! It is a big social thang and it gets a big draw from both spectators and racers!!!! When I was there I saw everything from 50cc two stroke scooters, tons of Honda Pocket Rockets, station wagons, seen a 10 second VW Bug, full on tube frame Pro Stock. Imagine a warm Hawaii evening with the smell of burning rubber over a sea breeze!!!! dosent get any better than that!!!!!
One time I was there and asked the Hotel Conceige to arrange for me to rent a Corvette for the day and when I went to go pick it up......there sitting on the rental lot was a Dodge Viper!!!! Although the Corvette was all washed and ready for me.... I asked....how much for the Viper??? he said $600.00 for 24 hrs. I said what da F-ck lets do it !!!! he than said can't do it.... another guy has it rented in less than 24 hrs. from now.... so I say.... how much for 20 hrs. than he says $500.00 for 20 hrs. Lets do it!!! cause I never heard of a Viper rental!!!! I fully planned on taking it to the Drags to run it but right in the contract it said no Drag Racing at that race track. Than the guy tells me about the No Racing at the track and tells me he will know if it shows up at the track cause there are only two on the Island (at the time) a privately owned Black one and this rental Red one. So I figure what heck... I'll still have my fun with it..... well I drive it away and get to a few streets where I can jump on it a little bit.... nice hard 1st to second shift.... this thing spun the huge tires but it ran like crap..... I figure I been jipped.... these cars are Sh-t whats the big deal!!!! I drive it over to a freinds place and pop the hood to look at the crappy V10.... start playing around and discover the fuel system has a right and left side.... these rental nerds backed each side of the throttle back about half way!!! this thing was only getting half throttle and it was way off on the sync. We clicked the clips back to the normal position for full throttle and just eyeballed the the sync. Wow...... this frickkin thing ran!!! I was so pissed at the rental place we just beat the crap outta that thing!!!! At 3AM I was doing speed runs on the H1 between Waikiki and the airport!!! Wait for no cars.... come to a complete stop than light off three gears!!!! One time I stopped in the middle of the H1 and turned the lights off and did a HUGE 1st gear donut!!! I got my moneys worth !!!!
God I miss the Island (Oahu) Patty's Kitchen !!! Zippy's !!! ummmmm !!!!!

Have fun with your new L !!!!

Shacka, Robert

------------------
00 Roush Silver Lightning
00 Roush Expedition
98 Roush F-150
98 Bell Tech GMC 454 Daully
90 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
90 Harley Davidson Silver Fat Boy
Collector of:
Watches, Zippo Lighters, Nikon Ftn Cameras.
High End Home Audio
Sponsor: Several Go-Kart Drivers. 1999 250cc SuperKart National Champion Joe White Jr.

E-Mail: gpkart@aol.com

Quick Reply: Pickup 2000 Black Lightning Thursday