Lightning

Where to find

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006 | 10:22 PM
|
Where to find

where to find the factory tonneau for my lightning, or who makes a knock of oem quallity tonneau cover???

Old 06-24-2006 | 11:14 PM
If I was looking for OEM cover why not start calling around to Ford dealers to see what kind of prices you can put together? Then start shopping the web, I'm sure you can get a solid price with a bit of shopping. Good luck, T

Old 06-24-2006 | 11:28 PM
|
Originally Posted by todd abbott
If I was looking for OEM cover why not start calling around to Ford dealers to see what kind of prices you can put together? Then start shopping the web, I'm sure you can get a solid price with a bit of shopping. Good luck, T
Well i went to ford and they told me that the factory cover would run me $680, and then i asked him how in the hell do u sleep at night and walked off

Old 06-24-2006 | 11:31 PM
I went with one by a company called Sport Masters. It's got snap buttons instead of the lip like the factory one.

The cover itself is nice, but the way it mounts to the bed is not as nice as the factory.

Old 07-04-2006 | 11:46 AM
I got the extang sabre, snappless, for around $235 after shipping on eBay. The same company list it all the time if you search.

It's really nice, but i think the stock one sits lower and looks a bit better.

Old 07-04-2006 | 10:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by black knight
where to find the factory tonneau for my lightning, or who makes a knock of oem quallity tonneau cover???
I read somewhere (I think it was a thread from this site) that LUND actually makes the tonneau covers for our Lightnings. The only difference is they sew a Ford tag on the right rear corner. I believe it was called GENESIS Seal and Peal. Don't know this to be true but it's worth checking out.

EDIT:
Here is the thread I was referring to and the post was from ByByBird:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hlight=Tonneau

I may order me one of these as well. Hope this helps.

Todd

Last edited by Txoutlaw; 07-05-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2006 | 11:05 AM
Button snaps suck! Go for the push-lock type or the industrial hook and loop (velcro) .

Old 07-06-2006 | 07:14 PM
I had the lebra low profile one. That was the rail system bedcover. It lasted about two years. Its about the closest you will get to the lightning cover for about 200 dollars. If you wanna load a fourwheeler or something you will have to remove the rails in the center. Which is time consuming. I got the sportmaster cover right now. Just pull the straps and it rolls to the front of the truck. It sits up a little higher but well worth the extra money.

Quick Reply: Where to find