Lightning

I was thinking today. Did Ford put the Hitch on to stiffen the rear frame? DISCUSS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006 | 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
. . . I prefer something functional.

Old 07-07-2006 | 10:51 AM
|
Originally Posted by pitstain
Rain + No Wheel well liners =

You drive in the rain? j/k

I haven't put 1000 miles on my truck this year. I'd be surprised if I put 500 miles on it this year. It's been promoted to a Satuday night cruising duty only.

Old 07-07-2006 | 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
Functional.....hence he reason i have yet to pick a hood.....love the shaker just dont think I want to do that......I'll figure something functional out....hopefully

Old 07-08-2006 | 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by l-menace
. . . It's been promoted to a Satuday night cruising duty only.
And what is your daily driver, now that you are a rich and famous attorney?

Old 07-08-2006 | 12:41 AM
. . . love the shaker just dont think I want to do that.......
Have you seen one in person, Ian? If not, you really owe it to yourself to see one -- they really look sharp IRL.

Never having seen one up close, I had reservations. I was afraid that it might look ghetto or cheesy (as in non-OEM). The minute that I saw it installed, though, I was in love. And the shaker action is fun to watch.

Old 07-08-2006 | 01:19 AM
Have you seen one in person, Ian? If not, you really owe it to yourself to see one -- they really look sharp IRL.

Never having seen one up close, I had reservations. I was afraid that it might look ghetto or cheesy (as in non-OEM). The minute that I saw it installed, though, I was in love. And the shaker action is fun to watch.
tim I have indeed seen them in person up close......probably the most famous one in late 2002 on the JDM truck with the orange and blue hood that got totalled...

Let me try this one more time.....I LOVE THE G0DDAMMM SHAKER HOOD TIM!!!! YOU TARD.... I REALLY REALLY THINK IT IS REALLY NICE.....

I just dont want one on my truck for the simple reason I like to be a little different....

We cool now my man ?

XOXOXOXO <3<3<3<3

Ian

SMOOCH

Old 07-08-2006 | 09:45 AM
Would you guys please keep this on a professional basis. If you really feel the need to express yourself, there are some sites better suited for "you guys". I'm worried that the next mod will be a multicolor thingamagig... Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Old 07-08-2006 | 10:29 AM
|
And what is your daily driver, now that you are a rich and famous attorney?
Yup, I'm a legend in my own mind! j/k.

Grand Cherokee (also tow vehicle for the boat)

Old 07-08-2006 | 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
Would you guys please keep this on a professional basis. If you really feel the need to express yourself, there are some sites better suited for "you guys". I'm worried that the next mod will be a multicolor thingamagig... Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Very PC of you trackbeast LOL......... I assume Tim did not show you his rainbow license plate frame mod yet?

I was chatting with Stan Martin the other day whilst ordering my sliders and from how he spoke of the factory rivets I will extrapolate the X member that holds the spare winch will do all the stiffening needed at the rear of the frame....aside from possible crash protection the hitch probably makes little difference......unless of course the rear bumper is also gone.

Old 07-08-2006 | 05:01 PM
The Dakota R/T I gave my son has an active shaker hood on it, BadAzz watching it shake driving down the road. The sound when you got on it was cool sounded like the old grandma's car when you tuned the air cleaner cover upside down, woooop. Never had one bit of problems in inclimate weather even ice storms froze between it and the hood was not a problem.

Old 07-09-2006 | 01:38 PM
Very PC of you trackbeast LOL......... I assume Tim did not show you his rainbow license plate frame mod yet?

I was chatting with Stan Martin the other day whilst ordering my sliders and from how he spoke of the factory rivets I will extrapolate the X member that holds the spare winch will do all the stiffening needed at the rear of the frame....aside from possible crash protection the hitch probably makes little difference......unless of course the rear bumper is also gone.
Yes bumper and hitch were removed. What do you mean by extrapolating the X member... Can you expand on that?

Old 07-09-2006 | 11:15 PM
Sorry trackbeast I will try to lower the vocabulary level a bit j/k

what i got from stan was basically......the big metal crossmember that holds the spare tire winch is all the stiffening the rear frame needs besides the bumper.......

without a hitch you shouldnt lose anything, the bumper may be a different story though.........

if ya wanna keep things nice and tight bolt or weld something inplace of the bumper to provide a good solid tie but allowing clearance for the rollpan.

the reason the bumper is important is that, the winches crossmember ONLY is rivited to the TOP of the c-frame, thus preventing side to side movement.

The bumper is bolted to the end of rails with a bolt at the top and bottom, thus preventing independant twisting of the rails.

When i do a rollpan i will have some stock put in place of the stock bumper, as large as possible but still allowing install of the rollpan....

Old 07-10-2006 | 09:29 AM

Pit,
No need to go back to your ESL textbooks...

"I will extrapolate the X member that holds the spare winch will do all the stiffening needed at the rear of the frame...."

Extrapolate:to infer (values of a variable in an unobserved interval) from values within an already observed interval

So, by definition you infer that your are adding to the stock X member and in fact you are replacing it. That's not extrapolating, that's replacing.

Its all clear as spring water now.

TB

Old 07-10-2006 | 09:31 AM
i wasnt talking about replacing it.........huh.......my brain hurts.......

Old 07-10-2006 | 09:42 AM

what i got from stan was basically......the big metal crossmember that holds the spare tire winch is all the stiffening the rear frame needs besides the bumper.......

From the above statement, it appears that you are replacing it. Perhaps a few pics, would better illustrate what you are trying to say.

Or we could always switch to Spanish or French...

Quick Reply: I was thinking today. Did Ford put the Hitch on to stiffen the rear frame? DISCUSS