Lightning

Theft

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theft

Ive been reading alot about badge's being stolen, heard from a parts guy that delt with someone that had their blower and intake stolen. Woke up this morning to finish working on my truck and my upper grill was pushed back into the shell and the lower cracked...looked like someone try taking them. Do our grills fit a reg. f150 / expedition? Just curious to see what vehicle's to watch for cruising around my area

Old 07-26-2006, 12:50 AM
We have had the same problem with people in the area getting thier Lightning Badges stolen off the sides of thier trucks. Thank god I keep my 12 gauge loaded.

As far as your question, I am not actually sure bro.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:53 AM
im pretty sure they do fit them because i have seen some supercrews that some people converted into Lightning fronts by adding the grills and lower bumper.

luckily my L stays in my garage when im not driving it. as far as the badges go, im sure they can be taken off like most other badges on cars.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:43 AM
One way to prevent the badges from being stolen is to shave them off.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Yes the L grille will fit the F150's and Expeditions!

Old 07-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by [03bolt]
Ive been reading alot about badge's being stolen, heard from a parts guy that delt with someone that had their blower and intake stolen. Woke up this morning to finish working on my truck and my upper grill was pushed back into the shell and the lower cracked...looked like someone try taking them. Do our grills fit a reg. f150 / expedition? Just curious to see what vehicle's to watch for cruising around my area
did someone back into you?? I live in TB too and luckily I have not had my truck messed with. I live in an apt ( I think you do too by your pics) and I keep mine covered with a lock. That tends to keep it safe...got it covered like a jimmy hat.
On another note....I had a dream last night that I came outside and saw some dude kicking the ***** out of my truck....and it was covered.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:19 PM
No ones backed into me that I know of, the trucks been parked at my parents for 3 weeks before it goes into the body shop (getting scratches and body damage from a storm repaired). My pop's told me that a few high school kids stopped by about a week ago asking about my truck and they where driving a lifted f150.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:26 PM
ahhhh....well good luck finding the little SOB's that are messin with your L.

TIme to put a beat down on someone.

BTW we are getting together this Saturday for a meet at Winghouse...the more the merrier!! You are in Tampa Bay, right?

Old 07-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Yea, Temple terrace/ new tampa area. I'll have to keep an eye out for other gatherings...Im heading out of town this weekend to go atving in west virginia

Old 08-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I know...this thread has been dead for a bit...but...I have an addition..

I'm considering buying a train horn, attaching it to the alarm system, and hiding it in the bed.

Can you imagine that thing going off right beside the bedroom of the guy who lives below me at 12:00? Not to mention the rest of the apartment building? Or for that matter...the guy trying to steal the truck?

"Attempt to steal at own risk!"

Old 08-25-2006, 03:01 AM
Never did reply, but I did find out who did it. A few kids around the corner tried swipping the upper/lower grille at 4 am, and a neighbor caught them in the act. The guy knew the kids and their parents so they are being delt with...Awsome thing was the younger teen got his a@@ lifted off the ground and belted in front of me...which made me feel some what better. I get my new Grill and sorround next week and a replacement lower.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:43 AM
When I was at BW3's one night I walked out to see some kid trying his best to hunker down and pry the passenger side badge off of my lightning. I didn't know what to think. He was prolly 13/14, so I knew couldn't hurt him. I just ran up got a hold on him and started to smack him around like I was his old man. I have never heard anyone squeal and cry as much as he did. I only did it for maybe 20 secs, but you would have thought I was killing him. Eventually I let him go and he ran crying back towards some appartments where I suppose he lived. If that wasn't a life lesson for him then I don't know what was. I know I let him off easy, but I was just in shock, and couldn't think straight. Normally I am extremely hot headed so I thank God that I didn't snap and really hurt him. Crazy this came up by the way, because I was just thinking about this yesterday and then I saw this thread.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:00 PM
I guess I have been pretty lucky, no alarm, but haven't had a single person mess with my truck when it is out parked somewhere. -knock on wood-

Old 08-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by RhinoSlug
One way to prevent the badges from being stolen is to shave them off.
I've been wanting to do just that on my truck to make it a little more stealthy. How hard is it to remove them and what all do you have to do to make it look as clean as yours?

Old 08-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by MAT2CH
I've been wanting to do just that on my truck to make it a little more stealthy. How hard is it to remove them and what all do you have to do to make it look as clean as yours?
Fishing line-just saw back and forth until it falls off then soak the remaining stuff with 3M Adhesive Remover (very paint friendly) and wipe off the remains. Polish and wax and youre good to go.

Quick Reply: Theft