Lightning

I really just don't get it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2000, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Well I hear Russia and the US have "sent" men into space.Yeah RIGHT! And I hear we "put" men on the moon.Ummm ooooo-kay.
Until I actually GO into space and LAND on the moon I don't buy it! LOL
Easy there "Boucin' Beatty",LOL

Sal,don't sweat it.No biggie from the "naysayers" camp. Let them bash,people fear what they don't understand.
I'm backing you an I don't even have a chip! LOL

Hitman

P.S. W/ the rate you guys are posting it would be easier for you to just get a freakin chatroom and have it out! LOL

[This message has been edited by Hitman31 (edited 07-06-2000).]

Old 07-06-2000, 12:14 AM
Cool

I'm just keeping my mouth shut and waiting to see when I can get the PSP filter/chip combo. No disrespect but that Airraid filter totally sucked looks like my high school shop teacher built it. So even if I have to wait, make mine PSP.

Old 07-06-2000, 12:17 AM
Banned
mswaim--I apoligized to Sal more than once tonight but he has yet to do the same. Have you read all the posts?
That's OK, I'm a big boy and can handle it. You don't see me whining. He attacked me first, months ago, but everyone seems to forget about that, huh? My only reason for coming back here tonight is because one of your beloved L owners e-mailed me a recent post from this board, with an attack on me.
I haven't even addressed that post and really there is no point in it anyway. I love SVT's which includes Lightnings. I was even to the point of adding a Lightning to my SVT stable until I caught wind of the new Marauder coming out soon. The thing that pissed all the backslappers off here is the statement I made that there is no way a stock Lightning with stock tires, a K&N replacement filter, and a chip, will run 13.2's. I go to the track alot and there is only one truck that has come within 2 tenths of that claim but he has a helluva lot more than just a filter and a chip. When I made that claim, no-one (just like this evening) wants to talk about that but rahter begin the personal attacks all over again. This place is worse than LS1.com for personal attacks. Still, all I'm talking about is a simple timeslip. Now, what was that about my sexual preferance, my dog, the USMC, Okies,etc. etc.?
Peace ---Mad`

Old 07-06-2000, 12:43 AM
I don't know about your sexual preferences or your dog and I wish doom on anyone who mocks the USMC and/or Okies......however, you and I have chatted off-line about the elapsed time claims of some people and I stand behind what I said to you in private. I firmly believe you have the right to voice your opinion, until it becomes personal. I never joined the ranks of those who attacked you personally, and by the same token I must defend Sal's right to have his position known without name-calling. And to those who made fun of the USMC....Doom On You........

Old 07-06-2000, 12:48 AM
Arrow

Yep, I'm one of the members that posted a request to Sal asking for the availability of his products. I don't think anyone will totally disagree, including Sal, that service includes communication and, at this point in his business venture, it is a weak area. I agree with the majority of the posts (Betty - you may have a legitimate beef but IMHO I don't think you should muddle up this thread with it). Having recently rejoined this board, I've read a lot of posts about the pro's of Sal's chips and filters. I've also read a lot of posts that complain about lack of responses, slow delivery, etc., etc., etc.. What I do consider fair is having a rough idea when items that I'm willing to plunk down hard earned money for will be available. It's as simple as: If you place your order today, you can expect delivery on ?????? If another batch of chips and/or filters won't be available in August, so be it. If it's later, then it's my decision whether I want to wait for the best or not. Just my .025 worth. Thanks - Chuck

Old 07-06-2000, 12:59 AM
KGM
Lightbulb

Sal...I thought your wife was going to start helping you with E-mails/phone calls? I personally love your filter and will get the 4/way soon. Keep up the good work and just get back to your customers so this all can be dropped and get them off your ***. It seams that is their only bitch.

Old 07-06-2000, 01:00 AM
Talking

Well, Sal -- if it's any consolation, until this topic (thread) I had no idea that you existed -- or what you did.

So, at least one more potential (albeit unlikely) customer can be added to the "aware" list.

In this dog-eat-dog world, that's not too bad.

Suggestion: Get someone more talented at PR to manage this board -- and spend your valuable time on producing product.

Hang in there, if you've got the quality -- the gang here will sell it for you.

Friendly regards,

------------------
Y2K™

Toreador Red, Keyless XLT SC SB 5.4L E4x4 4wDisc/ABS, 3.73LS, Skid, HD 7700# Towing, LT-245's on Chrome, Tube-Steps, Captain's, 6CD, Tonneau, named: "Nick"

Old 07-06-2000, 01:08 AM
Sal, I had to wait for your chip and knew when I ordered it that I may be in for a wait. When I couldn't wait any longer I ordered a SuperChip. After being promised delivery in two weeks it took better than a month for the SuperChip to arrive. After testing both Chips I run the PSP chip, why because its faster. The SuperChip is a great improvement over stock but its slower than the PSP chip in my truck. Also drivability i.e. no ping smooth operation are also pluses. Would I do it again? Yea! was it worth the wait? thankfully it was! So thanks Sal for your part in making my truck into a low 13. second truck with your chip... I for one don't have the time to even get the parts on the truck let alone do anything for someone else. Thanks for sharing your wisdom Sal and I hope you make a ton from your commitment to our hobby.

Oh Betty to bad you don't have the ***** to put up or shut up anymore. Heard through the grape vine that the name change was the result of a larger operation... knowing you can't afford a lightning make driving one even better..

Old 07-06-2000, 02:30 AM
adp
Thumbs up

Now let me see, I had to wait 8 months for my '99 L and I could hardly stand it - but I managed. I had to wait 6 weeks for Sal's chip and filter combination and I could hardly stand it - but I managed. One of the elements that distinguishes an adult from a child is the ability to postpone instant gratification for a known payoff. I have read numerous complaints about the AirRaid set up; I have never read a single complaint about Sal's filter.

I want my truck to go as fast as possible without major modifications; Sal's chip and filter combination accomplishes this. With WOT, my truck accelerates smoothly and rapidly, with no hesitation, until the speedometer needle disappears into the instrument cluster. I don't know what my truck runs in the 1/4 and I'll probably never find out, but I expect it to be drivable 5 years from now.

To me, the stealth factor far outweighs the opportunity to go a couple of tenths faster by adding pulleys, NO2 bottles, etc.
To you, there may be other priorities.

I suggest that if you don't want to wait, don't buy Sal's chip or filter. If you can manage to stand the wait, you will not be disappointed.

If there are complaints about Sal's products, air them here. If the only point to be made is the time it takes to get those products, let's button it up and move on to something more interesting!

------------------
adp
Black '99

[This message has been edited by adp (edited 07-06-2000).]

Old 07-06-2000, 06:33 AM
To the lightning Tooner: Your Products are not he best...

Airraid filter totally sucked looks like my high school shop teacher built it.
If you think the Airaid is was built by the teacher, you will see that Sals was built by the Class Retard...

Guys, I don't care about Sals service, I don't deal with him, but I do know there are better chips... At least pistons think so.

Old 07-06-2000, 07:03 AM
Damn,

Sal, I wasn't around to see what caused all of this and frankly I don't care. It doesn't matter. I am, and will remain a PSP customer and I am happy with the service and the product you have provided. I know that Wheels also has three chips and is happiest with your chips performance, we are just hanging out waiting to hear about the upgrade option and flip chip upgrade. It was worth the wait the first time. No problems here.

I know that there are some of you who are not willing to wait and it seems like everytime one of the new guys comes on and instead of reading the hundreds of posts on chip and aftermarket parts performance starts a new thread we go through this again and again. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and for the love of God if you are not willing to wait patiently and quietly and understand than DON'T it is SO that easy. But why everytime?

My first inclination when I saw Betty post asking about Lightning performance was to say READ...just freakin READ, but I thought better of it and I guess it didn't do much good. And just for future reference, Betty you may want to lose the feminine hygiene comments. They are not amusing nor are they impressive...and that isn't coming from 1 of 3 females on this board to post in the last 6 months...that is just coming from someone with a little bit of class...You might want to try it.

Sal keep up the good work and hang in there. I have a feeling it will all pan out for you.

CA

------------------
Christy Ann
WhiteLightninSVT@aol.com
Have you ever seen an Angel riding a Lightning bolt~
1999.5 White SVT Lightning
PSP Air Filter Kit
PSP Chip Manufacturer Installed
Cervinis 3" Cowl Induction Hood
3568 out of 4000, August *Friday* 13th, 1999
763 out of 866 white
NLOC #398
Denver Rec Truck Tags *I8URCHV*
Semi Final Qualifier at WFC 2000 13.43@102.7
1.96 60' on F1s
TEAM PSP

[This message has been edited by WhiteLightninSVTGirl (edited 07-06-2000).]

Old 07-06-2000, 08:19 AM
Sal, why don't you just go underground and not post in public. You are able to then choose your preferred clients and deal with them in a positive way and not waste your time posting here to some of the morons.

------------------
oo SilverBolt
PSP Chip
PSP Filter
Piaa 9007
Piaa Driving Lights in lower grill
Clear Corners
Clear Rears
AIM 2'' Drop
Fiberglass Hard tonneau
Zaino'ed

Old 07-06-2000, 09:07 AM
Well of course I miised all the fun here last night. Now much I could add to what CA already stated. But we have all been here before,it's not the chips that take time, its the filter kits.Can you imagine how many people are trying to purchase from PSP,It takes time for one person to do all this work. You all know that the PSP line is of the highest quality, and will be worth the wait.I had to wait like the next guy, and you know what, I'm glad I did.

------------------
Spiro-TEAM PSP
99 SVT Lightning
BLK. #1476 5/20/99
------------------
Bassani catpipes
Bassani catback
Mickey Thompson E.T. Drag`s
Motorsport 3.73's
Level 10 Shift-kit
------------------
Cervini`s 3-inch Cowl Hood
A-pillar Phantom Boost Guage
External PhantomFuel pressure guage
Redline Water Wetter
Sportmaster Flip tonneau

Best run to date
12.938 @105.88
Best 60` 1.84
Best m.p.h. 106.66

"Empty Pockets Racing"Drag Race Team NJ-DE

LAUNCH HARD

Old 07-06-2000, 09:15 AM
Talking

SilverBullet,

I have to agree, the first time I saw sals filter setup I thought it was built by a retard too!! I wounder what color his hockey helmet is????

Old 07-06-2000, 09:34 AM
If sal would quit alternating from whining and bragging up his stuff maybe he wouldnt have the complaints he does. All that time on the board takes time away from customer service. I have had the psp chip and a superchip I now run. Sal never would answer me about the probs I had with his chip but everytime I called superchip with any comment or problem I got a hold of Mike Troyer and he helped me every time. Not so with sal. Both chips seem to perform about the same. I waited for 6 weeks for the psp chip and filter and waited 2 days for the Superchip. In my business time is money and I dont like to wait for anything, especially 6 weeks. If sal ever ran his psp business in a professional manner the complaints would pretty much end. I would be happy even though I wouldnt order anything more from him, I am sick of all the bs about it.

Quick Reply: I really just don't get it...