Lightning

I really just don't get it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2000 | 11:00 PM
Thumbs up

Hey Sal,
Just a few thoughts....
I respect your work, effort and pride in trying to provide a toplevel product for your customers. Besides, i'm always on the "little guys" side. I would like to get your chip and airfilter but legitimate concerns exist (as voiced already)from the guys and girls, need to be listened to. Speaking for my self only, I believe in you and hope you take to heart what most of these folkes are telling you.
Hang tough and let it rock!

BTW SAL, wanna come to Athens GA to represent
yourself and products at a real possible "Lightning" gathering at the Eaton Supercharger plant ???

Georgia_Moon

Old 07-06-2000 | 11:01 PM
Banned
95rcobra--I said I was a Chevy guy and have been much longer than you have been alive. You wanna try some Chevy trivia? I am at the track usually two days out of every month. Unfortunatly, the stock 5.0 Mustangs are too slow to impress anyone, especially the GM guys with their new car loans. 245 HP just ain't too impressive so no-one pays much attention to them, especially me. I am sorry that you are stuck with two overpriced slugs but that's your problem. No, I will not namecall as you have so endeavored yourself to partake in. I look at as IQ. I know for a fact there are many Lightning ownwers with much higher IQ than yourself, thank god!
Mad`

Old 07-06-2000 | 11:05 PM
Exclamation

It's stupid to respond but...
'93 Cobra R - 107 made (blueovalnews.com has archives of it) only color was red.
'95 Cobra R - 250 made, only color was white.
'00 Cobra R - we've seen the magazines.

I have met Sal at this years WFC and he is
definately one of the coolest and most knowledgable people you're likely to meet
regarding Lightning trucks. Like Sal said,
I waited a year and a half for my truck and all I will put on it is top quality products and not some half-assed McDonald's drive thru
crap! My opinion.

Old 07-06-2000 | 11:25 PM
Banned
Talking

Back to the main subject after all the sidetracks and personal attacks. Mad' says a stock Lightning with anybodys chip and a replacement K&N filter will not run 13.2's or faster. That statement just pisses off some folks on here so bad they can't freaking stand it. But still, there is no proof to back up the claims.
Now, Back to the personal attacks all you IQ challenged sheep, er, donkeys?

Mad`

[This message has been edited by betty (edited 07-06-2000).]

Old 07-06-2000 | 11:25 PM
Banned
Talking

RobG--thanks for responding. I learned something about Fords. Thanks again, Mad`

------------------

97 Cobra, 11.90 @ 115--1.59 60 foot
65 Nova, 11.69 @ 122--1.90 60 foot (drag radials)
57 Chevy 2dr.(original)
MADS` Hot Rods

[This message has been edited by betty (edited 07-06-2000).]

Old 07-06-2000 | 11:40 PM
Thumbs up

Sal,
Did i ever thank you for my chip?If i havent im sorry,thank you for making a great product!

Old 07-07-2000 | 12:16 AM
Thumbs down

Well MAD, I am one of those that does make it to your track and I am calling BS on your statement about the LS1 not running below a 13.5!! The only reason I even attempt to make this an issue on this board is because my brother owns one. Not only has his bone stock Z28 ran a 13.4 but so have his friends with 99 and 00 Camaro SS's. Yet I know your response already. You werent there at your track to see it, so it aint happening, even tho this is the same Thunder Valley you go to. I mean, since you are such a grand master of car knowledge, one would think you make sure all your facts are straight as well before you post, so you dont come across like you favorite pic you posted earlier.

I have one last question as well. Whats up with the double standard you have going here? You start the name calling and as soon as it is returned you insult the IQ level of those who make it back. I mean none of the commentary you have provided to this date has been anything of vast knowledge. I am not one for name calling or pissing matches, but I know what I see and read and you are farther from any topic you started way back when then you are from that "Novie" running a 11.69.

[This message has been edited by Mister SVT (edited 07-08-2000).]

Old 07-07-2000 | 12:17 AM
Red face

In any business the worst thing you can say is "I really don't get it". One thing I have learned in the business world is the first time you think that your product or service is better than your competitor is when you will fail. Assume nothing. Being paranoid is a good thing in a small business.

The notion that any one person or company is superior to another is simply not true in the long run. There are very few secrets in this world, and the internet only magnifies the situation. Who's the best is a daily if not hourly debate in this 7/24 world.

It's a "dog eat dog world" and those that are a sleep at the wheel get run off the road. Competition between vendors is a wonderful thing, and ultimatly brings better products and hopefully (here's the real challenge), delivering good dependable service.

Long Live Free Enterprise!

------------------
99 RED Lightning
90 ZR1
67 XR7 GT
87 Honda Accord (?)

[This message has been edited by rapidRANDY (edited 07-06-2000).]

Old 07-07-2000 | 12:31 AM
Thumbs up

Sal,
By trying to please everyone, you will make somebody unhappy-don't let it bother you. There are probably alot of people on this board that have never owned any type of business in their lives and they have absolutely no clue as to how much money or time it takes to run a successful business, so they cannot nearly begin to appreciate all that you must go through. I can't believe there are people out there that believe you could make a living exclusively w/PSP. There just aren't nearly enough Lightnings out there for you to be able to do that. All I can say don't do like every other business seems to and sacrifice quality.

I researched the heck out of any and all mods to do to my Lightning months before it came in. I read numerous posts and it all added up to one thing: If I ordered Sals chip, I knew there would be a long lead time, but I also knew once I received it, I would install it once and be done. Or I could have done like many others and received a chip fast and then had to continually have performance problems, etc, etc. Well, I don't have patience to buy a product that I have to screw around with, so I bought Sals chip and I have been very happy w/it. The slight wait is nothing compared to the length of time I will own my Lightning.

Betty,
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what is really unfortunate is when someone who doesn't even own a Lightning comes on this board and starts bashing everyone and then changing their story around constantly. Then they get banned and come back under a different name and start problems again. I guess I don't understand why someone would waste their valuable time doing that. Why waste your time and everyone else's when you will never be one of the few and fortunate to own a Lightning. What are you trying to prove by being here? Stay here and learn about the Lightning and actively and constructively partipant in the fun (which I don't think you really can do since you don't own one), but don't come over here and cause problems.

[This message has been edited by Peter B (edited 07-06-2000).]

Old 07-07-2000 | 12:55 AM
Sal,

I just want to get a kit. I am waiting, patiently, for an e-mail reply to the one that I sent you on June 22, asking when I could order.

Thanks,

Phil

Old 07-07-2000 | 01:00 AM
Lightbulb

Hey Sal- Dan here
I just wanted to thank you and Lisa for my order: Full Bassani Exhaust, Level 10 Shift Kit, 4-way chip, pre-filter and PSP banner. I got your e-mail tonight confirming shipment and you answered my initial fax order within 2-days. Great work. And it took only 3 weeks. H%ll the baassini exhaust isn't here yet (b.o)
Maybe it's because I didn't whine a complain and just waited patiently, because WE ALL KNOW GOING IN THAT THERE WIL BE SOME KIND OF WAIT!
Maybe othe people should LISTEN and not be heard. JMHO!!

Old 07-07-2000 | 06:33 AM
Thumbs down

Hmmm, not just a little troll, but a stupid little troll. Live under any famous bridge?

------------------
Red '00 Lightning,
Adopted 4/19/00,
Power Surge Performance enhanced,
Sound effects provided by Flowmaster,
13.701@100.81

Old 07-07-2000 | 07:21 AM
sorry about your lifelong chevy association i cant be bothered with those no value pieces of junk. as far as my r models anytime you would like to come to watkins glen with your chebys i will show you some real racing pal.there isnt a camaro on the planet that will ever have the value of mustang cobra r models.as far as racing take a look at the motorola cup street racing series and you will see that camaros never win on road courses because they cant handle it.

Old 07-07-2000 | 07:51 AM
one other thing miss betty when it comes to racing where is chevrolet. nascar trucks is being dominated by ford trucks. oh how about those tauruses in daytona. complete domination. i heard that dale earnhardt wants all the rear spoilers taken off the tauruses so that its fair.give me a break. forces mustang dominates funny car class for years and in cart where chevy will never be 2 ford powered cars in 1st and 2nd in points.shall i go on. if you want to talk racing you better back it up with some facts pal. good bye

Old 07-07-2000 | 08:06 AM
Thumbs up

Sal,
Sounds like you've got a great product. I don't own a L so I can't try one, but I know that with so many people whining, they must be just that, whiners....
I run my own small business and like yourself, I do 99% of the work myself. I have to turn people away at times, but the product that goes out is 100% or better. Some people might not understand the quality control issues that you have the insight to stick to, I can fully understand and appreciate it.
If you start making chips for "non L" Ford trucks let me know..... and keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: I really just don't get it...