Lightning

Not much fun

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2000, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Not much fun

Hey guys, Sal here. Well, I pulled the head off the truck today at work. I didn't really want to put the third motor in until later in the year when I wasn't using it, so I was really hoping for my dead cylinder to be head related. Thankfully I've already had the motor out and partially apart, so I went in knowing most of what I had to do. Nice part was the drivers head came off with the Bassani header still attached. Made life much easier . Pulled the head, and checked the piston and cylinder first. No signs of damage. Whew. Checked the head, and there it was, a bent intake valve. At least it was that simple and I don't have to yank the motor yet. Looks like when the spark plug exploded part of the electrode jammed between the valve face and seat, and bent it. No doubting that, these valves are really tiny and thin. All other chambers looked good, nice and light brown, no signs of running lean. Just gotta order up the parts to put it back together, and hopefully if they come this week, I'll be back at the track testing more stuff

------------------
SAL - TEAM PSP
Best ET 13.09 Best MPH 104.58mph Best 60ft 1.87
Power Surge Performance 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit, full Bassani Exhaust, M/T ET Streets PowerSurgePerf@aol.com

Old 07-08-2000, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sal, you sure have had bad luck with your 99, and you seem to take it in stride. i wonder what the posts would look like, if the same thing happened to one of our more "vocal" members here hang in there, good things await you.

Old 07-08-2000, 08:01 PM
Sal, glad to hear you will be back to the track soon.I had a feeling that was the problem. good news is...12's soon.
Good luck

Spiro-TEAM PSP

Old 07-08-2000, 09:08 PM
Sal,

Glad to hear that you will be up and running soon. Hopefully we can make a day to meet at the track. Talk with you soon.

Chris

Old 07-08-2000, 09:11 PM
Are they platinum plugs?

Quick Reply: Not much fun