Lightning

Calling all Bolt Owners!!Eaton get together?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2000 | 05:26 PM
|
Smile

TO Burninout101:
Hey !
If you have a BOLT you can handle it !
Started this post last Sat...to see if the interest is there....so far its too early to tell Burningout101. The date etc is a BIG unknown. Formal plans cant start with
Eaton / Ford (the dealer) until the numbers of us justify the setup. If this can be pulled off I WONDER if the CHIP and aftermarket guys would be interested....what do you think ???

Old 07-03-2000 | 11:21 PM
If you were to muster enough interest to get a gaggle of Lightnings to show up at the factory, you could probably garner enough interest from the Supercharger Division to host a party. You could probably expect some TV coverage, as anything that happens in communities that employ a significant percentage of local residents becomes something that even the local politicians like to attend.

You may be surprized to find that many hard-working and well-intentioned people who make products rarely have an opportunity to even see their product in the end-use product -- let alone actually talk with people who love them. It's quite a rush -- good for production (quality always goes up after that kind of contact with the customer) -- and good for morale.

Kick them in the butt about not even having a mention of the Lightning in their web -- and that you'd consider letting them show off their product if they'd let you show off your prid & joy.

Go for it. Contact WHQ (Cleveland) Customer Relations, the Division's HQ (Marshall, MI) and, of course, the Plant Manager in Athens.

You might have a ball.

------------------
Y2K™

Toreador Red, Keyless XLT SC SB 5.4L E4x4 4wDisc/ABS, 3.73LS, Skid, HD 7700# Towing, LT-245's on Chrome, Tube-Steps, Captain's, 6CD, Tonneau, named: "Nick"

Old 07-03-2000 | 11:32 PM
Cool

Georgia Moon
It sounds like a plan to me. I will see if the wife wants to come. Athens is only about 30 minutes away. Let me know the details.
Thanks

Old 07-04-2000 | 09:42 AM
|
To frogman:
Thanks for responding. Where are you guys Located in Atlanta ?
Georgia_Moon

Old 07-04-2000 | 09:58 AM
Cool

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm willing to make the trip if the plant visit doesn't conflict with our Woodward dream cruise. I'm looking forward to meeting more Michigan L owners at the cruise. Please keep us posted. Thanks - Chuck
99 Gen. II #0763

Old 07-04-2000 | 10:03 AM
|
Smile

To Y2K 7700 4x4:
Well Y2K, your comments and suggestions are rock solid and helpful. I like your expression "gaggle of Lightnings"; in fact I'm still smiling. As a side note, after my tour of the Eaton plant I knew Terry (shift coordinator/supervisor) wanted a ride so I asked him if he wanted to "drive". This man had nothing but smiles during and after the ride...now a true believer. It is quite a rare treat when you make a product that makes a LOT of people happy and then you get a chance to experience it yourself.
And YES Y2K, we would ALL have a ball at this kind of gathering. Please, I'd welcome any suggestions. It is still possible that I may be able to take some photos of certain defined M112 blower parts etc once it clears
corporate, but have not pursued it any further.

Old 07-04-2000 | 10:11 AM
|
Wink

To Topcat14:
Thanks for responding Chuck.
What are the dates for the Woodward dream cruise ?
Will keep everyone posted on status.

Old 07-04-2000 | 10:17 AM
Cool

Georgia_Moon:
The actual date of the Dream Cruise is Saturday, August 19th (its always the 3rd Saturday of August), but the cruising usually starts the week before as we get all geared up for it. If this Athens trip was afterwards, it might be better for many of us. I'm scrambling to get mine modified a bit...sometime in the Fall would be best for me. Thanks again for your efforts on this (I think its good therapy for your L withdrawals) btw, mine is slappy too

TopCat14:
I'm also looking forward to meeting up with others in the area. We seem to have quite a few here

[This message has been edited by speed (edited 07-04-2000).]

Old 07-04-2000 | 10:37 AM
|
Hey speed !
Thanks for the info. It would be great to see our Northern friends here. Good luck on your mods (what mods?). I start a new job this week and hope to get more money to support my Bolt and be able to do some mods.And yes speed,I have "L" withdrawal; its a horrible disease and i'm under treatment now.

Old 07-04-2000 | 03:58 PM
Thumbs up

hey hey.. i'm interested in this thing too..
(if i can get unchained from work)
according to my map, i'm only 3 1/2" away from athens.. that shouldnt be too bad.

------------------
brooks
'00 silver "L"

Old 07-04-2000 | 06:54 PM
|
Cool

Hey clonetek:
Good to hear from some Louisiana folkes!
Your probably right about the distance to Athens...3 1/2 hours. Keep in touch with the board on updates. Thanks clonetek.

Old 07-04-2000 | 07:14 PM
Tell me when and I'll be there! This sounds like just the thing for me.
Let's do it!

Another road trip in the L2, life is GOOD!

Trace

Old 07-04-2000 | 07:32 PM
|
Hey Trace,
Hope it works out Trace, and if so would love to have you visit Athens.

Georgia_Moon

Old 07-04-2000 | 07:41 PM
Cool

Georgia_Moon,

Sounds like I need to get ready for a road trip!! Hmmmmm I’m about 25 miles south of Miami, so I figure it will be about a 13 hour Lightning ride.

Lets try to do it during some cool weather

Keep me informed and I’ll do my best to make it up!

Thanks>>>>>>>>>>

------------------
2000 Lightning, Chassis Tech Drop Kit, 80 mm Mass Air, w/ K&N Filter, Danny Swanson Flip Chip, Flow Master 40 Series Exhaust, Billet Upper & Lower Grill, 100HP Nitrous Oxide NOS System.
GO FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

Old 07-04-2000 | 08:02 PM
|
Cool

Hey down there in Florida FSUFAN:
Cool weather sounds good to me.
Hey FSUFAN, here they are crazy about the UGA
BULLDOGS but I'll protect ya! Us BOLT people stick together despite dogs and gators.

Quick Reply: Calling all Bolt Owners!!Eaton get together?