Lightning

Calling all Bolt Owners!!Eaton get together?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2000, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
georgia_moon - nonono.. i mean, i'm 3 1/2 inches away from athens.. LOL
that shouldnt take long. heh heh

------------------
brooks
'00 silver "L"

Old 07-04-2000, 09:56 PM
Talking

To clonetek:
You busted me with the 3 1/2 in thing; but
are you using the 3 1/2 in from a Louisiana
map OR 3 1/2 in from a Georgia map ? They are
different you know and if your using the CIA
or black ops version you will never get here !And whatever you do, not use a map with any chevy logo on it; there is a conspiracy against us.....heh..heh..

Old 07-04-2000, 10:16 PM
Georgia Moon,
Count me in. Just let me know when the trip is planned. Looking forward to a trip up to Athens. My Email address is masterloggie@hotmail.com
Let's do it

------------------
Ron B.
Kathleen, GA.
*Red 2000 Lightning
*ARE LSII
*Speed Liner (color matched)
*PSP Filter and Outer Ware
*Bear Tracker
*Valentine Radar Detector
*Dual Flow Masters Delta 50s
*Tinted Windows
*Lund color matched bug deflector
*4 Pioneer TS-A6895 speakers

Old 07-04-2000, 10:28 PM
Smile

Howdy Masterloggie:
Nice to hear from a fellow Georgian.
If this gets pulled off Ron, i wonder how many of each Bolt color would show up ?
I would guess that by July 15th or 22nd we should get a FAIR idea if there is enough interest. Stayed tuned to the Lightning channel...Thanks for replying Masterloggie.

Old 07-04-2000, 10:47 PM
i'm using the national geographic road atlas.
yeah baby yeah!

like 500 or so miles? i dunno.. it'll be fun no matter how far it is..

------------------
brooks
'00 silver "L"

Old 07-05-2000, 06:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bulldogs and FSU fans, guess somebody better represent the Gators. When you get a date, please post so I can plan some vacation time. Iam ready for a road trip. Guess I better buy some tires now.

Old 07-05-2000, 02:40 PM
Count me in. I think I live close enough that I can slip away for a for Bolt gathering.

Rick

------------------
Y2K WHITE LIGHTNIN
EX 99 COBRA OWNER
69 DODGE CORONET R/T

Old 07-05-2000, 04:45 PM
Georgia_Moon:

One minor change to my earlier adjective (gaggle) --

Make that a Pride of Lightnings !

What else would you call the King of trucks!?!

My kid's trying to talk me out of my Ranger -- and wants me to trade in the Y2K on a Lightning (Year-end clearance up here). The wife gave me the "I'm getting a new Mini-Van First" ultimatum, along with something about my family heritage or something like that).

The kid's already on one of the quickest rides available (him and his bike below) -- and is out of his mind if he thinks I would share.

<A HREF="http://www.net-link.net/~n8jg/images/mrazo99/mvc-009f.jpg" TARGET=_blank> [img]//www.net-link.net/~n8jg/images/mrazo99/mvc-009f_small.jpg[/img] </A>

"Muscle Bike"
(humor)

------------------
Y2K™

Toreador Red, Keyless XLT SC SB 5.4L E4x4 4wDisc/ABS, 3.73LS, Skid, HD 7700# Towing, LT-245's on Chrome, Tube-Steps, Captain's, 6CD, Tonneau, named: "Nick"

[This message has been edited by Y2K 7700 4x4 (edited 07-05-2000).]

Old 07-05-2000, 06:42 PM
Cool

To clonetek:
The national geographic road atlas should be ok as long as it was printed in the USA.

TO Fast Gator:
What kind of tires you going to buy ?

To whtlightning:
Thanks for replying from Cleveland GA !

To Y2K 7700 4x4:
You changed my favorite word "gaggle" to "pride"...oh well...."pride" is good though!
Will send you an EMAIL Y2K.....appreciate any
help or contacts....

Georgia_Moon

Old 07-05-2000, 11:41 PM
Cool

Georgia Moon
We actually live in Snellville.
Drop me an e-mail when you get the details.
By the way, I own a silver one.
Thanks
frog351@hotmail.com

Old 07-06-2000, 08:49 PM
Wink

Hey frogman:
Got a picture of your silver Bolt?
You ain't far at all from me !
Stayed tuned Mr. frogman.

Old 07-06-2000, 09:01 PM
Cool

Georgia_Moon,

Since we have the Gator Bull Dog rivalry maybe we need to hold this event "between the hedges" LOL

However, I am a native Georgian, active duty Air Force and a non-UGA graduate, maybe something to name the event along Ford's SVT Lightning Bolts Strike Athens. Throw that bone to the local paper and Eaton since Eaton is a key player in the Lightning. We might get all the press and support to pull this thing off in a grand fashion. You have my Email address. Sorry about the cliche'
"JUST DO IT". Think we have enough people ready to rumble.

Old 07-06-2000, 09:35 PM
Smile

To Masterloggie:
Another fine mind razored edged by av fuel and napalm. I was 6 years Airforce and my Dad was 29 years (Command Pilot, got his Wings on my keyboard). Your comments fine Sir are appreciated. This weekend, will take an inventory on how many of us are interested and post it. Whats in our favor is that Athens has a Medium size newspaper and the local Cable TV station may be interested. If we pull the Jato assist, we lock and load into into the "wild blue yonder". Of main concern Masterloggie,is enough people have to make it worthwhile for Eaton and possibly the dealer to get involved. And above all, I would want every Bolt person to have a great time with no regrets.
Georgia_Moon

Old 07-07-2000, 11:43 PM
Georgia_Moon,
You are doing a fine job promoting the Bolt to Eaton and the city of Athens. How many Lightnings do we need to make this a success? Let me know what I can help you a fellow Airman. Think Athens is ready for the Lightning Strike This is not Florida versus Georgia rivalry, but a thank you for letting the wonderful people at Eaton they are part of the Bolt revolution.
Ready for full AB take off down here in Kathleen. Again thanks for cooking this up: should be good faor all of us Lightning owners nation wide Georgia Moon you da man!

[This message has been edited by Masterloggie (edited 07-07-2000).]

Old 07-08-2000, 12:37 AM
Unhappy

To Masterloggie:

1)My Bolt as of friday, today at 4pm has a BIG HOLE in the engine bay. They have NOT mounted the new engine yet. It's been there since monday 8am (7/3). They have been very courteous but I dont have my truck. I Miss my truck...I miss my truck...I miss my truck !!They have had the engine since Tuesday 6/27. University Mercury /Ford in Athens has told me they want to be a part of this "gathering of Lightnings" with Eaton; my question to them today, was how am I to be happy with my Bolt when I dont have it and its still not fixed. Oh yes, they are very careful with the Bolt (they have blankets all over the fenders)and I DO understand how workloads change and other critical problems pop up regularly. I held my tonque and was polite.It's just plain disapointing and I'm fustrated, again. The Service manager was to have my SVT mechanic alloted 2-3 days to work almost solely on my L...well that does NOT seem to be happening. They also know that everything that happens to my L gets posted HERE. I do believe the mechanic is doing his very best but work is scheduled beyond his control. If you guys and girls think I'm overeacting please tell me.Now their aiming for monday for completion.....wheres that psychic hotline number???? In other words Masterloggie,is kinda hard to promote our
"Gathering" when i dont even have my Bolt ! but i'm a solder and trooper and continue to hang in there. Sorry for the hopefully ONLY temporary personal bad news.

Now on a better note:
This weekend (by sunday) well see how many people are set on coming and how many aren't
sure. From that info we can see if need another week or two to collect more commitments. My idea is about 50 minimum would be good but everyone here in this group can freely offer any suggestion they wish.Having your Airman assist is great...do you have any snipers ?(joke).I guess may have to put my Airforce tag on the L whenever i get it back.Masterloggie, thank you for your offer of help because I will need need it. I also want to thank all the others here that have offered their emails and help to me.

Georgia_Moon, a man without a Bolt.

Quick Reply: Calling all Bolt Owners!!Eaton get together?