Lightning

Calling all Bolt Owners!!Eaton get together?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2000, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Calling all Bolt Owners!!Eaton get together?

OK everybody, 2 items here to discuss. I would appreciate ANY response from you'll.

This past friday (9am) went to the Eaton Supercharger plant here in Athens GA for a tour of their facility (pretty exciting).The production shift supervisor is a friend and these folkes have never seen a real Bolt so the deal was let the Eaton employees see the Bolt and I get the tour...HMMMmmmmmm. After arriving at 9am Terry A. said lets park the Lightning on the front lawn (well manicured lawn)and let everyone come out and take a look see.Well at least 100 to 150 employees came and had a thousand questions. Talk about people that take pride in their work, its them. I was NOT allowed to take any pictures since it had not been fully cleared yet from corporate (our bad luck). Their blower plant has about 300 employees and everyone of them were kind and bright plus EXTREMELY interested in seeing the real thing. Saw the blowers made for gm cars but the prize was our M112 blowers. Their manufacturing plant is among the best in terms of quality and state of the art and YES they do have a skunk works but not allowed to see it.The tour was about 2 hours long and enjoyed every bit of it. These people were fascinated with the Lightning news group and want to check us out. This was a great day to meet these people. I told them that us guys and girls LOVE their BLOWERS...PERIOD ,they just smiled ear to ear. They want to see pictures of YOUR "fancied" up lightnings. The only bad feeling (for me)was when I explained my 2000 Bolt was getting a new engine because of piston slap....they were shocked that vehicles like these would require a new engine at 4000 miles (what else could I say, I'm upset about it).
Here goes-
1)The Eaton blower plant is INTERESTED in having Lightnings from around the country show up on their FRONT LAWN for a party, reunion?, customer relations etc...my local ford/mercury dealership is also interested.
Would anyone of you be interested in this?...this is premature but need to know if there is any interest...it would maybe be this summer or fall....Well...tell me !

2)The second thing is I have 8.2 megs (35 files, jpegs)of full pics of my new Lightning engine with blower shot from every angle i could get at. You might want to see how these engines actually look totally isolated from the truck. Silver_2000 was super nice in posting one of these pictures but do not want to burden his allowed web space....any suggestions ?????
Sorry for this long run here but wanted to let you'll know whats going on. Thanks.

Georgia_Moon

Old 07-01-2000, 08:23 PM
1) That would be very very cool.
2) Got to www.zing.com open your own zing account up, or just send them to me at Burninout101@aol.com

Oh so what did they say about the blower pulleys and what can the blower handle? Is there anything to make it stronger to handle higher rpms?

Old 07-01-2000, 08:58 PM
Georgia

My web space is 20 gigs on my server at home. 8 mb is not going to hurt. Zipem up and send em to me and I will post em. If you would rather post em on Zing that is cool too. There is also an SVT Lightnings Community on msn. That will give you 30 mb of space http://communities.msn.com/svtlightnings
I started it before i set up my web server. I found it too much of a pain to post on MSN and Zing.

The Eaton Tour sound like fun - It will be a 16 hour drive from Dallas.... Have to think about that one
Doug

Old 07-01-2000, 09:50 PM
To Silver_2000,
Sent the "stuff" via email.
The possibility of a gathering of Lightnings is a awful heavy duty fun thing (kind of like the gathering of p51-d wwII mustangs last year).In fact I would give about anything to have some photos of a Lightning parked next to a p51d Mustang with the Rolls Royce Merlin engine. A lot of us would be able to meet finally.Well the purpose is to see if there is enough commited
interest...if yes...then will hear blowers all over the place in Athens Ga. Athens is a college town and I think much fun for everyone.

Old 07-01-2000, 09:57 PM
I would love to go but 18 hours is a hell of a trek. Well maybe if they gave out blower souvenirs (sp?).

Sounds like a great idea though!

------------------
2000 Red Lightning Born 3-8-00 / Delivered 3-22-00
22% Window Tint, Clear Corners, MPulse LoPro Tonneau, AIM 2" Drop Shackles, Bed Rug, PSP Filter Kit

2000 Red Trans Am Ram Air WS6, 6 Speed - Delivered 2-15-00 - Awesome Looking Car

My Zing.com Album Click Here

Old 07-02-2000, 01:38 PM
Hello speed:
Thanks for the new information I did not have. Speed, was not aware that Eaton was the biggest corporate sponser for the "DREAMCRUISE" in Detroit. My dealings have been with the plant but I can easily escalate that to a corporate level if enough members are interested. AND BTW speed, already have a virtual parking space for you.The good people at the Athens Supercharger plant (managers,engineers,supervisors,workers)are all VERY interested in this "gathering" idea. There isnt much else I can do until enough Lightning owners indicate interest. Thank you your interesting reply.
Georgia_Moon

Old 07-02-2000, 01:53 PM
Really Old "Member"
Hey Moon Man:

Pat and I are in, just let us know the date/s that you can arrange.

I can probably get 2 3 other Atlanta owners to come over as well. It's just a short hop for us.

Bill

Old 07-02-2000, 02:37 PM
Cool

Regardless of the outcome of the Detroit get-together, I'd still like to make the run to the plant....sounds like an experience I don't want to miss and what's 800 miles when you drive an L?...answer: 800 miles of pure joy!

Just DON'T make it around August 19th!

Old 07-02-2000, 05:21 PM
Georgia_Moon,

Ok.... exactly where is this the Eaton Plant? Address and all that good stuff. I want to map out the course etc.

I would very much like to go.

------------------
John Armstrong
2000 Red Lightning
** Chipped by Swanson Performance
** <A HREF="http://www.swansonperformance.com

" TARGET=_blank>http://www.swansonperformance.com

</A>

Old 07-02-2000, 06:14 PM
Smile

To Bill Murray and Pat:
Nice to here from you again Bill.
You guys are only about 50-60 miles from me. It takes me 2+ hours to get to "asford dunwoody"(sp) on i285. If this does not work out lets get together anyway!

To speed:
So your tempted huh ? huh ?
Yes, this would be a experience that you wont forget....But we need enough people to come to make it worthwhile and how many do you think that might be? I dont know but the Psychic hot line (joke)said mabe 50 to 100 or more. What do you think ?

To jarmstro:
Hi jarmstro. The Eaton plant address is:
Eaton Corporation
Supercharger Division
685 Indian Hills Rd
Athens Ga 30601-3500
John, do a seach for Athens Ga for a map etc.
If that does not work let me know and i'll
send you one. I hope you can come John.

Old 07-02-2000, 10:04 PM
Talking

Check out: http://www.eaton.com/supercharger/
or http://www.eaton.com/supercharger/M112.html

Aftermarket Service:
All Aftermarket related questions and general supercharger inquiries, including: system modifications, upgradability, remanufacturer of out-of-warranty superchargers:
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/

3172 Bunsen Ave, Unit #K
Ventura, CA 93003
Telephone: (805) 642-8833
Fax: (805) 677-4897
mailto:sales@magnusonproducts.com

All Original Equipment Manufacturer related questions and prospective customer inquires:

Eaton Corporation
Supercharger Division
19218 B Drive South, Marshall, Michigan 49068
Telephone: (616) 781-0323; Fax: (616) 781-0271

------------------
Y2K™

Toreador Red, Keyless XLT SC SB 5.4L E4x4 4wDisc/ABS, 3.73LS, Skid, HD 7700# Towing, LT-245's on Chrome, Tube-Steps, Captain's, 6CD, Tonneau, named: "Nick"

[This message has been edited by Y2K 7700 4x4 (edited 07-02-2000).]

Old 07-03-2000, 12:21 AM
To WHAT04:
Thanks for the reply WHAT04. A trip from Canada is a heck of a haul but we like you folkes from up there so if possible please visit. If enough interest is generated to make this worth while for everybody, I would think that Eaton and Ford would have some nice goodies for us since they would be getting BIG PR benefit from this "gathering".
I'll wait a few weeks to see if there is any interest, but at this point only a few people have responded. I would have thought that Bolt people would really get into this but maybe I was wrong. Again....lets see in the next few weeks how the response is.

Georgia_Moon

Old 07-03-2000, 12:52 AM
Cool

I think its a great idea, and your efforts are appreciated. Its a straight 800 mile run for me, and I wouldn't mind going, but probably won't be able to make the time to do it.

In August, the Detroit area has its annual (becoming legendary already), Dream Cruise on Woodward Ave. http://www.dreamcruise.org/

Eaton is the largest corporate sponsor and has signed on for at least the next 3 years.
I would like to find out what kind of interest they would have in getting us together at that event. Talk about PR!....the Dream Cruise has become "the largest one day automotive event in the world" and gets a lot of media coverage and attendees from all over.

I'm aware that your dealings have been with the plant and not the corporate guys.

I'm just thinkin'.....(and looking for a good parking place )

[This message has been edited by speed (edited 07-02-2000).]

Old 07-03-2000, 04:25 PM
Wink

To Y2K 7700 4x4:
I am already aware of this information but Thank You anyway.
Georgia_Moon

Old 07-03-2000, 04:56 PM
im only 776 miles and 14 hours away so yahho says but this is doing the limit hehehe, i think i can handle it, ir the date is right,

Quick Reply: Calling all Bolt Owners!!Eaton get together?