Lightning

My SVT stops all the time...???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006 | 09:43 AM
Definetly not a normal problem on the lightning. Never had an issue with it in our 4-5 months of 90+ degrees we have around here. Used to be daily driven and stop and go traffic.

It does sound like a chip problem as others have said, what does your boost guage say when your at wide open throttle (gasen i botten)? If you are at less than 10 lbs of boost then you will likely not have an aftermarket pulley.

BTW (by the way) in the US the lightning is called a truck and not a car.

Old 08-11-2006 | 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Grombil.com
So you mean this is a better choise then the Diablo Predator?

Yes.

Old 08-12-2006 | 02:12 PM
|
Originally Posted by min150mph
Definetly not a normal problem on the lightning. Never had an issue with it in our 4-5 months of 90+ degrees we have around here. Used to be daily driven and stop and go traffic.

It does sound like a chip problem as others have said, what does your boost guage say when your at wide open throttle (gasen i botten)? If you are at less than 10 lbs of boost then you will likely not have an aftermarket pulley.

BTW (by the way) in the US the lightning is called a truck and not a car.
There are no upgrade pulley on this truck. Only original pulleys. I`v just found out that the problem was there before the chip also... Wath dose the to relays do? The to beside the fuse box in the motorroom.

Old 08-14-2006 | 12:12 AM
CHECK THE FUEL PUMPS!
Sounds to me that you may have a fuel pump going out causing an overload in the hi/lo relay circuit.

Quick Reply: My SVT stops all the time...???