Lightning

My Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2000, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb My Dyno Results

Well, I had my 2000 "L" dynoed Wednesday @ Street and Performance. I did not do a stock run, as I had already installed the Pro-M and K+N. I did get 3 runs, however.

First run: Swanson Chip and Pro-M
rwhp 348; rwtq 400
Second run: No chip, just Pro-M
rwhp 352; rwtq 420
Third Run: S&P Chip and Pro-M
rwhp 355; rwtq 420

My hp and tq graphs for run # 2 look almost identical to the one done on Swanson's home page.
This is NOT counting the "spike" in the hp and tq graphs (which everyone seems to be counting). I do not understand how you can count from the spike after the shift...? If I were to count from the spike, I can say I got 365 rwhp and 485 rwtq with the S&P chip and Pro-M.
The interesting thing is Danny's chip made consistently 10-15 hp and 15-25 lb-ft of tq LESS than the unchipped run...hmmm. As you probably guessed, I called Danny and asked him a few questions. He stated the Pro-M MAFs are all calibrated a little different, and he would like to know the air/fuel ratio, as the truck is probably running too lean or rich. Well, S&P can not measure the air/fuel ratio @ WOT. What to do, what to do?
In Danny's defense, he has stated he will do everything in his power to make me happy. I was going to purchase the chip from S&P, but they can not get the shift points or firmness where I want them (still working on it).
Sorry for the long post, just thought you guys might want to know. Any suggestions?

Old 07-14-2000, 07:02 PM
Thumbs down

Well something is very wrong here!! First off you only picked up 3 horsepower from the S&P chip vs stock hmmmm. I have danny's chip and though I have not been to the dyno I have done alot of 1/4 runs at the track I can tell you this 12.86@104 with only 4 mods.
Well my point being is that I think your DYNO people are doing something wrong and if it's a mustang dyno don't believe anything it says been there done that. Hope this helps

SWANSON CHIP
PRO-M
ET STREETS
PRO-TORQUE 2800

Old 07-14-2000, 07:42 PM
Mike here. 1999 L, Superchip, K&N Stock Box,
Full Bassani Xhaust. Dyno RWHP 360
RWTQ 440
Since added Downs Filter Kit.

Old 07-14-2000, 07:46 PM
Banned
fastblack,

I'm basically posting the same numbers as you with only a chip (I'm not counting the converter lockup spike). I went from 325 to 350 with a custom chip, ironicallyI made 0 hp with my MAF.

It seems like neither chip is doing much. Could it be that neither of your chips are making good contact? Did you remove the varnish on the contacts?

[This message has been edited by f1car (edited 07-14-2000).]

Old 07-14-2000, 07:47 PM
PFA
I've heard that you need to unhook the battery between runs to be accurate. Did you do this? Is this correct?

Old 07-14-2000, 07:54 PM
flcar: yes the varnish was removed. Danny's chip had all the aspects I wanted (firm shift, 5500 shift points, etc), just made less power.

PFA: No. The negative battery cable was just removed for installation purposes, then replaced.

I am not saying there is not more potential for this truck, I am actually saying the opposite. I am actually very pleased at the power it made un-chipped. I think with a little tweeking of the chip, the truck would really come to life!
On another note, S&P did not have a chip for the 2000 L with a Pro-M. They had one for the '99. I was just curious what they could do with a little time and testing--plus they only want $255 for a chip...

Old 07-14-2000, 09:57 PM
Cool

Fastblack,

Well I can explain is my Dyno run that were done here in South Florida on July 1, 2000.

With the Dyno set on SAE Horsepower my truck made 368.1 HP & 436.5 Torque.

This dyno run was with my 2000 Lightning with Pro-M 80mm Mass Air, Swanson Performance Computer Chip, and 40 Series Flowmaster Mufflers.

Good Luck!

------------------
2000 Lightning, Chassis Tech Drop Kit, 80 mm Pro-M Mass Air, w/ K&N Filter, Danny Swanson Flip Chip, Flow Master 40 Series Exhaust, Billet Upper & Lower Grill, 100HP Nitrous Oxide NOS System. 12.533 @ 109.10 MPH
GO FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

Quick Reply: My Dyno Results