Lightning

I believe most lightnings are pretty much gone now!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2000 | 09:43 PM
|
Post I believe most lightnings are pretty much gone now!

Well my dealer is sold out for the year.Most are.ther ofcoarse are still dealers with some but i think they are pretty much history for this year!.This is a good thing because when they are all gone.our resale goes up.Not like Id ever ever sell this one but its nice to know.This will probally be like this till they stop making them in a couple of years.This is the only 2 wheel drive truck I know of that actually goes up during winter fall months People have said that this is going to depriciate just like the old ones.im starting to think differently.These are awesome machines and have been wrote about in almost every magazine!Im also thinking that the way the epa and so on is getting so tough,these are certainly going to be collectable!Also if nobody(Chevy,Dodge) does not come out with a comparable one,They will be even more appriciated and valuable.Not counting beat ones ,I dont think these wil ever be under $20,000 with decent miles.This is taking into considration how the economy goes up so much every year and prices float higher and higher every year.*****,The 99 lightning was based at 29,995.Then 31,400 next year close to 33,000 for 2001.This is awesome for used car values.The people who paid like $27,995 for 99s will still be able to get that much 3 years after purchase with say 36,000 ,miles.That is unheard of in the used car market!This pisses me off because I paid 279 for my 99 and sold it.All and all this one is going to be cheaper to own because of my last interest rate was Alot higher and i put alot more money down this time but still,I kinda wished I would have kept it.It would feel nice to own one for three years and then still get what I paid.But then again in 2002,They will be over $33000 to replace it with minor changes so i guess it all equals out.The first year buyers did indeed get the best deal at $29995 all and all just a though as I was sitting here

Old 07-14-2000 | 10:04 PM
The end of production for the L is in August.
They will be arriving in mid-September. That will be the last.

------------------
Jim
jim@jimshaw.cc

Black 00, Swanson Chip, clear corners, super whites
Airaid w/10" Big Mouth filter, chrome wheels,
AIM 2" drop shackles, Mobile1 w/FilterMag, 35% tint
2000 E320, 1993 Cobra R, 1959 Corvette, 1949 Plymouth Coupe

Looking for a better paying job to support my L

Old 07-14-2000 | 10:50 PM
Wink

Ray,

When you are just sitting around having a thought, you really have a THOUGHT!
There is a dealer in Davenport, IA that still has one of each color. Kinda' hard to believe.

Later,
Jake...

Old 07-15-2000 | 09:04 PM
Hey Baby Jake, Davenport is within realistic driving distance for me. Do you have any more info on the Lightnings they have in stock ? Do you have any contacts at the dealership ? Is the black lightning under cover...or has it been outside for three months and been test driven by 30 people and the shop foreman ? I'm in the market for a black L..but it has to be "perfect". I have looked at a few here in the KC area...and, not only are the dealerships NOT willing to take anything less than MSRP...the trucks that I have looked at are not being taken care of...IE: door dinges..front spoilers cracked...miles being put on by the mechanics on lunch break joy rides etc.
Do you have an L ? Did you get it at Dahl Ford ? Any help or contacts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-16-2000 | 02:16 PM
Hey Want One,

Baillargeon Ford in Richardson, TX has one black and one silver in stock. I believe both are very low mileage. I bought my GT there and I have nothing but great things to say about how they do business. If you're interested, call David Wilmoth @ 972-680-4621 and he could give you details on the Black L. Have fun and good luck!

James

Old 07-16-2000 | 03:31 PM
Want One, I purchased my 99 through Dahl Ford, You have to talk with Craig Power (319-326-2600).
Craig handles all the SVT at Dahl and is a racer, knowledgeable and helpful. I don't know $, but dealership won't charge over MSRP. Craig lined up my BFG DR's for 100.00 inc rims and has been very helpful to me. I saw the three that Baby Jake was talking about Fri. nite but I know that when they get these in, they don't last long.
If you want to, e-mail me reality1@mindspring.com your phone number and I'll have Craig call you.
Jim

------------------
99 lightning
red,snuglid
PSP Chip & Filter
12.930 106.1 best
bassini
build date 4/14/99
NLOC # 362

Old 07-16-2000 | 03:37 PM
Want One, Missed one part of your question. I Think they just got those in. I used Craig's race car mechanic to install my intercooler fans and when I was over there about three wks ago they didn't have any, in fact, looking for a silver.
Jim

Old 07-16-2000 | 05:29 PM
Talking

Want One,

I just got back from a little drive, here are the results.

Reynold's Ford, East Moline, IL, 309-792-9530, contact Pat Chaney.

1 Red L...CLEAN
1 Black L...Significant car carrier damage to lower surface of front spoiler, definately would need repair.

Dahl Ford, Davenport, IA, number and contact provided by reality1 above, (Thanks Jim).

1 Red L...Clean
1 Black L...Clean
1 Silver L...Clean
1 White L ??? (Either sold or a manager is driving it for the weekend, the space is left open on the lot)

ALL L's I looked at had the front license plate bracket installed. BUMMER!!!

I purchased my L for Reynold's Ford. I'm quite sure all will sell for MSRP.

Hope this helps. If you do decide to jouney up this way, reality1, BigD, you and myself sould all get together for food and spirits.

Later,
Jake...

------------------
2000 Black Lightning
NLOC #476
PSP full meal deal
Level 10 shift kit
SnugLid
BedRug
Wet Okole seat covers
AIM 2" rear drop

13.870 @ 100.52 stock

jacobs@revealed.net

[This message has been edited by Baby Jake (edited 07-16-2000).]

Old 07-17-2000 | 01:13 AM
Hey Baby Jake and Reality1,
Thanks for the info. You didn't have to go on a road trip for me, but THANKS !!!
It looks as if I have some calling around to do in the morning. Thanks again !

Old 07-17-2000 | 01:29 AM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
There's a white one with chrome wheels for sale up here.

Old 07-17-2000 | 07:49 AM
hi there: Griffin Ford here in Waukesha wi.
has 5 new ones. red and black. no miles on them. they also have one used red one if anyone is interested. ask for dan...tell em you seen it on the net.

Old 07-17-2000 | 09:30 AM
I don't want to get you all excited, but Beechmont Ford in Cincinnati still has a black 2000 on the lot. It's pretty dirty from sitting there, but doesn't appear to have been driven (I got a good look at it Saturday). The reason I mention this is that I bought my silver 2000 (47 miles on it) from them on May 31 for 28-and-change (3 bills off MSRP) with no questions asked. That was indeed the price they quoted my wife on a cold phone call. I had the check in their hand two hours later. Right up the road (3 exits) Castrucci Ford was marking theirs up 3 bills (to 34-and-change) and strangely, they don't have any left. My salesman at Beechmont was Shane Whitaker and he did me up right - a good guy all-around, profession considered. Recall that I did buy mine on the last day of the month, which might explain their willingness to deal.

------------------
Silver Y2K Lightning
Bone Stock w/ Duraliner, Ford Hitch Cover

Silver (matching) Y2K ML320 Benz
Burl (ML430) Shift ****

Beater 1992 Grand Prix
Commuter Mule

Old 07-17-2000 | 09:44 AM
Three left at Tallahassee Ford, 2 Red 1 White.

Old 07-17-2000 | 11:49 AM
Hey guys,
Well here in the Pittsburgh area there are at least 10 Bolts(00') still for sale on the 3 SVT lots.Only two silvers,and one white though.FYI

Hitman

Old 07-17-2000 | 11:52 AM
They have five left at Waldorf Ford in Maryland. One Red, 2 Black, and 2 Silver. I don't know the phone number right now but if anyones interested I can get it. (bought my 93 F-150 there wasn't that happy with the salesman but they may have changed since then)

Quick Reply: I believe most lightnings are pretty much gone now!