Lightning

Got a Citation? Is this True?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2000 | 09:56 PM
|
Post Got a Citation? Is this True?

With all the citations that some Bolt owners get, I thought that I would share this...

I recently saw this, does anyone know if it is somewhat true???

INTERESTING INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRAFFIC FINES

This procedure reportedly works in every state. Read it and try it, you have nothing
to lose but the points on your license.

If you get a speeding ticket or went
through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your license, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points.

When you get your fine, send in the check to pay for it and if the fine is
say, $79, then make the check out for $82 or some small amount over the
fine.
The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, but
here is the trick!

DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has gotten its money and is happy and will not bother you anymore.

This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each state's DMV.

Good luck!
Comments????????????

Old 07-13-2000 | 10:26 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
PD,

I like that one and hav efinally committe dit to memory. My only concern would be if the check had a "Void after date" thereby allowing the state to consider the transaction complete.

It wont be long until they catch on.

Old 07-14-2000 | 05:29 AM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Out of all of us, you oghtta be able to tell us. Then again, I bet you don't get tickets all too often.

BTW, I got a ticket a couple of weeks ago, optional apppearance. If I checked Not-Guilty, the fine print said 'I waive my right to a trial by jury.' How do I get around that? THAT SHOULD BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL. I am one to exercise all my rights whenever I want. Ohwell... Better not get pulled over anytime soon

Old 07-14-2000 | 05:53 AM
Talking

Why would you think us bolt owners would get alot of citations? We the people (Bolt Owners) are a bunch of boys and girls that are god fearing law abiding citizens. And further more ALWAYS drive in the right lane UNDER the posted speed limit. Never race or exhibit reckless operation on public highways. And lastly never ever get caught!

Old 07-14-2000 | 11:38 AM
DB
Another urban legend appears...from my experience with these systems, typically the financial system and the "citation" system issuing data to the DMV are not part of the same "transaction" (one isn't dependent on the other for a completed transaction), so yes you will get points attached whether you paid more, the same or not at all...

BTW most states will remove some points if you take a "safe driver" course.

Old 07-14-2000 | 01:27 PM
Nice idea, but it doesn't work that way in Texas. BTW, we don't operate on a point system either.

Old 07-14-2000 | 03:39 PM
That's pretty neat...

Shoot, God fearing, you betcha, but law abding...If anyone wants to wall paper their kitchen in yellow I have plenty of yellow paper...

CA

Old 07-14-2000 | 03:52 PM
CA

I thought that yellow paper was from your dogs not being house trained. Doh!! my bad

I know between me and you we could wallpaper a whole house!

Old 07-14-2000 | 05:40 PM
Lightbulb

Yea you are right, I don't even believe that crap I posted this morning. Head hurts, must have liquid refreshment.

Old 07-16-2000 | 11:44 AM
I dunno about the over pay and forget to cash the refund method, but I beat one and know it worked, though it was expensive. I got cited for 61 in a 45, (I'm embarrassed about that, the story would be better if it was a 90 in a school zone, but you go with what ya got, ya know?) Anyhow, in Ohio, we have Muni court magistrates instead of Mayor's court in some cities, and these part time judges are just some local lawyer. Every city has one, but you can only do it in one city, and you practice in front of the muni courts everywhere else, so I go to the Judge of Lebanon, hire her to be my lawyer in Mason, where the judge on Mondays is someone who has to practice in her court on Wednesdays. I tell her the points are all I care about, she talks to the judge, and I plead guilty to "Improper use of Powered Equipment" pay an extra $50 in fines, $200 for the lawyer and the insurance company never knows a thing.
If I was poor it would **** me off. This is a straight out bribe as far as I'm concerned, the judge in my case gets his cut from the guy who is a defendant in my lawyer's jurisdiction. It would be cheaper and more convenient if I could just give the deputy a $100 bill when he pulled me over.

The real kicker here is that the improper use charge carries a fine of $150, which if I had a mind to fight it would entitle me to a jury trial in Ohio. Now, how often do you think they get jury demands from farmers who drive tractors without the little triangle on them, or kids who get caught on the street on go carts? This is a charge solely for people who will plead guilty, ie people like me with the $$$ to get a lawyer and screw the insurance company outta a few buckslong term for a few bucks tot he state and a few lawyers short term. I win, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, ya know?

Old 07-16-2000 | 11:49 AM
i dont believe louisiana works on a point system either... heck, we still have parishes instead of counties.
just got one for 64 in a 45.
thank god the road construction crew wasnt working that day.. i would have had to sell a kidney!

------------------
brooks
'00 silver "L"

Old 07-17-2000 | 11:23 PM
|
Tundra, here in California, you can't get a jury trial on a infraction. (simple speeding ticket)....And guess what..I did receive a ticket from CHP a few years back and was arrested by LAPD while driving a plain type
surveillance vehicle!!! Figure that!

Factory_Tech, part time Judges here in California are called Commissioner Pro Tem, you legally have the option to have your case heard by a regular Commissioner and not the Pro Tem. You have to "Waive your right" to be heard in front of the Commissioner before the Pro Tem hears your case.

Things happen differently here in California if you didn't already know that!!!

Only had 4 vehicle pursuits on Tv in the past couple of days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Got a Citation? Is this True?