Lightning

Mark W or anyone w/instrument lights out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2000 | 01:11 PM
|
Blue Blood,
Had the same problem. Ford has to replace the entire instrument cluster. It only took FORD 4weeks to send a new one. Go to your service rep, they have to verify that it is defective & record milage for the new cluster.

Old 07-19-2000 | 01:26 PM
|
BB, BTW When I they installed the new cluster it was showing 1500mi, instead of 15000mi of which it should have. Is been two weeks since they did this and have called me with a fix--NO. They also scratched the collum. Have they called with a replacement--NO. COVERT FORD $UCKS.

[This message has been edited by POPs99L (edited 07-19-2000).]

Old 07-19-2000 | 02:01 PM
Pop,
Thanks for the info> I was afraid that would be the case. I REALLY HATE bringing my truck in. Last time they had it they gave it back unfixed, dirty, and with a bent raer bumper. They didn't tell me about the bumper. They wanted the truck for "a few day's" To "straighten " the bumper. They saw it my way and got a new bumper, painted it then call me and I waited for it to be installed. We should all write to Ford about thier dealer network!
Tom

Old 07-19-2000 | 02:42 PM
blue blood you are absolutely right about letting Ford know about their dealers.

My dealer's service department has only seen my '99 once since I bought it and that was for the first required service checkup which they totally screwed up. I let them know about it, and then I called both Ford and SVT to make sure they knew about it too. And then I fixed it myself!

Hey, sorry I missed you at the marina the other night. I did not see your post until after you had left, maybe next time.

Old 07-20-2000 | 12:19 AM
Exclamation Mark W or anyone w/instrument lights out!

I did a search and saw it was Mark that had the instrument lights only go out. I had the same thing happen last night. I have not used the truck in a week or so(they worked then)but when I turned the lights on ,nothing. What is the cause and repair for this? Thanks in advance!
Tom

Old 07-20-2000 | 12:32 AM
JMI
I had the same thing happen on mine. Worked ok one day and the next morning when I turned the lights on there was a faint noise, like a snap, and the dash lights went away. Radio and cruise lights still work. Don't know what the fix is since I really hate to take the truck to a dealer. Also had the lumbar adjuster break. But that's all in over a year.

------------------
Mike
White 99 #837 5/3/99
A.R.E Cover
BedRug
PSP Filter
NLOC #0380

Quick Reply: Mark W or anyone w/instrument lights out!