Lightning

Found my annoying rattling noise!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006 | 12:11 PM
Solution

Just remove the mufflers and cats and I assure you, just like magic, all the rattles will be gone forever...

Old 08-23-2006 | 12:27 PM
Don....have you checked the cat?

Next...who was resting thier foot on your exhaust? I would rest my foot on thier face!

Next...I think Lou's is another sad story of a company getting too big for themselves. They used to do awesome work, but they overcharged me for a crap system on my old jeep, and over charged my ex girl for a tailpipe on her Xterra. I gotta find somewhere else to do my new jeep, and some work on the L.

Old 08-23-2006 | 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by whip
Don....have you checked the cat?

Next...who was resting thier foot on your exhaust? I would rest my foot on thier face!

Next...I think Lou's is another sad story of a company getting too big for themselves. They used to do awesome work, but they overcharged me for a crap system on my old jeep, and over charged my ex girl for a tailpipe on her Xterra. I gotta find somewhere else to do my new jeep, and some work on the L.
Go to the place Don mentioned in Chelsea then....or take a trip up to ME or NH, i forget, visit Skip's exhaust... Heard from numerous people they do really good work

Old 08-23-2006 | 07:12 PM
I took my L to a local performance shop, that also owns the local dragway, and they cannot figure out where my "bass thumping" noise is coming from. He said they putted around on the side roads and without a doubt they hear it, but when it was on the lift he said he checked everything and there is nothing that the JDM silver bullit catback is hitting on. He seems to think it might be the magnaflow mufflers though.

Old 08-24-2006 | 08:40 PM
This sounds a lot like the noise I hear...with a few differences...

My exhaust is stock and the noise happens only when in D (moving or stopped). At first I thought it might be steering or maybe even the brakes (dont ask...it just popped into my head).

I still have no idea what is causing it...and I'm worried other people can hear it :o

Edit:

Noise stops in Park (tried it with e-brake on and off). Noise also stops when throttle is applied. The noise is more like a slight grinding and sounds like its coming from the engine compartment. I've rejected the idea of this being something similar to the above problem...any ideas?

Last edited by X150; 08-24-2006 at 09:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Found my annoying rattling noise!!!!