Lightning

Tuning Places

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning Places

Does anyone know where the closest place to get my truck Dyno tuned in Kentucky? I know where a place is but it's about 2 hours away and they do mostly f-bodies. Everything is stock but I would like to get a good tune and to see what numbers I throw down stock.

Thanks

Old 08-23-2006, 12:42 PM
It's coming.........

NMRA at Bowling Green on the weekend of the Sept 28th. JLP will be there with a Dyno. He just got me up and running with a few more mods and he said they would have a Dyno at Bowling Green and would be doing some tuning. He is one of the best. If I had to guess it will be the dyno that Diablo brings for him (JL) but not sure. Give him a call....

Plus, there will be lots of L's there and good racing. We are bringing a group up from Alabama. A mix of mustangs and L's.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Holy crap, what luck!! call me stupid but what is NMRA? And where at in bowling green? Are they going to be at Beach Bend Park? Thanks man.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:05 PM
National Mustang Racing Association. It is a drag racing series that races all over the country. Go to Google, type in NMRA and search for their website for more info. Several classes will be racing from true street up to outlaw and pro. Lots of vendors, a car show and cruise. It will be all weekend, the biggest day is saturday. It will be at Bowling Green at the track. I am not sure what the name of it is. I thought there was only 1 park there with a 1/4 mile track. You should be able to ask JLP about the parts and actually look at them, they are usually pretty well stocked for these events. Other L vendors may be there as well but I am not sure so you may want to call them up. I did hear JL say they were gonna have a Dyno at Bowing Green for that event. Get out the piggy bank and buy a few parts, put them on and Dyno that puppy on the spot. He's gonna bring my traction bars and power cooler....Well, not mine yet but I am bringing my piggy bank.

Call JLP and talk to Sue, she will have all the details.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:58 PM
That's awesome, I will definately have to make it down there. Bowling Green only has 1 track and it's at Beach Bend Park. It's about a hour and a half from where I live. Well the truck is still under warranty but I would like to get a tune and see what it can lay down. Any idea what kind of power gain just from tuning I may get?

Old 08-24-2006, 11:46 PM
You should atleast go with the cool air induction kit and a tune. You will be suprised with the result. Just take it off before going in for warranty work. You shouldnt have any problems from a CAI kit and a tune...let that puppy get some air

see you in Bowling green, silver 01 L with FORD RACING on the windshield.

Quick Reply: Tuning Places