Lightning

New ECU havin problems plz hlp!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006 | 04:46 PM
|
New ECU havin problems plz hlp!

Ok so i needed a ECU for my 1999 L and couldnt find one newhere so i just went to the ford place and got them to order me one, the one i sent them was a CUX1 the one i got back was a CUX2 but i figured they would know what they were doin since it WAS the local ford shop. Well i get home unplug batteryy plug it in replugg battery then go to crank and all it does is turn over and over. No chip or nehting just a brand spankin new ECU...........I heard there was like fuel shut off thing but ive never heard of how it works........any suggestions guys?

Old 08-23-2006 | 04:54 PM
I thought you needed the PCM programmed for your PATS key ??

Dave

Old 08-23-2006 | 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Daves00L
I thought you needed the PCM programmed for your PATS key ??

Dave
+1
I don't think you will get it will run until you do that. Take it to the dealer, or if you have a programmer, get your tuner to turn the PATS function off in the tune. Or Lock smiths will often carry the equipment necessary to program the key, might be worth a couple of phone calls.

Not sure about the difference in part number. Didn't some of the later 99's come with a CUX2? Wasn't there a TSB that calls for a reprogramming of the CUX1, Did this this programming turn them into a CUX2?

Old 08-23-2006 | 05:54 PM
You can't just swap PCMs. You need to have it configured to the vehicle by the dealer, or anyone else with the Ford equipment. And it's fine that it's a CUX2.

Old 08-24-2006 | 11:53 PM
Sal is right. Mine came in at the ford place and they had to load a bunch of codes into it before I could install it.

They said it came with basic parameters but more line codes had to be installed for my truck.....I basicly stood there lookin' like .....OK just get me running.

Old 08-24-2006 | 11:59 PM
Btw...sal

Hey sal, I bought an Xcal2 from you last Feb. I have only used the tune in it and have not messed with it much. Will I need anything else to datalog with it? How do I use it to datalog? It may sound crazy but I havent messed with it much and would like to start datalogging.

Quick Reply: New ECU havin problems plz hlp!