Lightning

Oxygen Sensor Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006 | 03:27 PM
|
Question Oxygen Sensor Question

Folks, I have a 99' Lightning, which has a service light on, following a trannie rebuild last year. On closer inspection of the nature of the service light (several hours later) it was diagnosed that the one of the four wires attached in the oxygen sensor is almost broken (a few strands remain) and are damaged on the body of the sensor. It has been recommended that is changed as there is not enough of the cable repair as it so close to the sensor body. (It is believed this must have been damaged when the box was rebuilt..time has moved on)

The question is this, the sensor has damaged wiring (4 wire), the sensor is the last one on the exhuast system, does anyone know if this easy to change, will the service computer thing need a reset, and any idea what the part number is?

I am bit lost this, over here in the UK knowledge and parts are a real pain, any info would a great help..

Thanks

Old 08-25-2006 | 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by deadmic8
Folks, I have a 99' Lightning, which has a service light on, following a trannie rebuild last year. On closer inspection of the nature of the service light (several hours later) it was diagnosed that the one of the four wires attached in the oxygen sensor is almost broken (a few strands remain) and are damaged on the body of the sensor. It has been recommended that is changed as there is not enough of the cable repair as it so close to the sensor body. (It is believed this must have been damaged when the box was rebuilt..time has moved on)

The question is this, the sensor has damaged wiring (4 wire), the sensor is the last one on the exhuast system, does anyone know if this easy to change, will the service computer thing need a reset, and any idea what the part number is?

I am bit lost this, over here in the UK knowledge and parts are a real pain, any info would a great help..

Thanks
Hey buddy changing the sensor is so easy, un-plug remove & replace sensor and then plug in the new one.

Spares are no problem - If I can get a pro-built motor form the US to the UK and get my 'L' down the track - fast, getting a replacement sensor is easy pezy.

Make sure you have indentfied the correct sensor.
Get your VIN code - visble drivers side at the lower part of the screen.
And contact a decent UK parts supplier.

e-mail me and I will send you my contact number and also a list of a few suppliers. rfmpipeline@aol.com

BTW I am located just outside London on the M25 - M3 area.

Regards Ricki

Old 08-27-2006 | 05:54 PM
|
Thanks matey!!!

Will send you a email tomrrow (wife on the case with the bank holiday arggh!!)

Maybe we can meet , I live at the top end of the M3!!!

Laters

Quick Reply: Oxygen Sensor Question