Lightning

First real street racing thumpin...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2000 | 02:47 AM
|
Angry First real street racing thumpin...

Well....
Tonight i went down to the street races in detroit. I was not there long and had a newer camero SS that wanted to race me. I checked his ride out it all seemed stock. I figured his stock vs mine with chip filter would be pretty close. Well i had a pretty ****ty start he pulled about a truck and 1/2 on me off launch. He did not pull on me anymore until he pulled 2nd. Right as he pulled 2nd he pulled another 2 trucks on me. So i am not sure if he was stock, he claimed to be as everyone does It was a quarter mile race, he beat me by a good 4 trucks. Only time he really pulled was off the line and when he pulled 2nd. When we let off i looked up and i was just above 100. So it was at least a good chance to run the L on the street, i lost $50 but what the hell. Shortly after the cops came and shut it down. I had some guy saying he had a dodge to race me next, i looked and it was a super built v8 with a blower and slicks heh. Time for more go fast stuff and maybe nitrous.

------------------
Jason
  • 2000 Silver L
  • SuperChip
  • Airraid
  • 2" Shackle's
  • 1 dent in bed from
    installing shackles
alakar@mediaone.net

[This message has been edited by Ashenor (edited 07-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ashenor (edited 07-22-2000).]

Old 07-22-2000 | 08:54 AM
Hey Jason, doesn't sound like he was stock, unless you had real bad tire spin. If yor gonna street race, I would run a set of Drag Radials on thr street. Didn't someone recently say that there is or will be a 18" drag tire available?..

------------------
Spiro-TEAM PSP
BLK. #1476

Best run to date
12.753 @107.98
Best 60` 1.84
Best m.p.h. 107.98
@ 4700 lbs.
"Empty Pockets Racing"Drag Race Team NJ-DE
Spiro99SVT@aol.com
LAUNCH HARD

Old 07-23-2000 | 12:00 AM
Bull****, That was not a stock SS if he beat you by 4 truck lengths. The reason why I know is because I have got a buddy who has one. Granted its a close race when we race but I always come out a little ahead. Sometimes only by a fender but I always win. Don't you just hate it when people lie. Oh yeah it's stock ( Anything they stock on the shelves would be more like it).

HANKFAN

Old 07-23-2000 | 12:02 AM
|
Ya, i knew something was up when he pulled 2nd and pulled two trucks on me. I will have to look into some drag radials and a torque converter maybe.

------------------
Jason
  • 2000 Silver L
  • SuperChip
  • Airraid
  • 2" Shackle's
  • 1 dent in bed from
    installing shackles
alakar@mediaone.net

Quick Reply: First real street racing thumpin...