Lightning

Time for me to go

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2000 | 06:16 PM
|
Unhappy Time for me to go

Well, I'm not going to make this some dramatic, drawn out post, so I'm just going to say that I'm leaving the board. I can't enjoy it anymore, as no matter what I post, I get hammered from all angles. I really don't have the time to waste defending myself and my business all the time, instead of reading and making enthusiastic Lightning posts. Hopefully my customers will continue to praise thier PSP goodies and maybe without me here, the flaming will subdue and everyone can enjoy themselves. I'm going to be re-doing the website and making more user friendly, so maybe that will help some. Later all, been great talking here with all of you. Ok, so maybe it was a little drawn out...

------------------
SAL - TEAM PSP
Best ET 13.09 Best MPH 104.58mph Best 60ft 1.87
Power Surge Performance 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit, full Bassani Exhaust, M/T ET Streets PowerSurgePerf@aol.com

Old 07-21-2000 | 06:25 PM
I for one hate to see you go. I think you were kind of suckered in to defending yourself. I think anybody would respond to some of the trash that was being thrown around by a few select people. I personally would rather see those people go than you. What the hey, I don't blame you though. You definatly got the s&^% end of the stick. As soon as you taking orders, I'll buy one of your filters. I still say you have good stuff, and your a class act!

Old 07-21-2000 | 06:26 PM
Good luck Sal.

Maybe you can come back as someone else like mad did, maybe MrSal. j/k.

------------------
Go Hard or Go home........
*Red 2000 SVT Lightning
*Leer Lo-Rider Bed Cover
*PSP 4 Program Chip
*Wet Okole seat covers
*Adopted 3/29/00
*352RWHP / 432RWTQ with PSP Chip
-98 Mustang GT Convertible 4.6L Supercharged with FRPP Eaton M112 @ 9psi, to many other handling/engine mods to list.....

Old 07-21-2000 | 06:27 PM
It's too bad a few ruin it for many. Sorry to see you go Sal.

Mike

Old 07-21-2000 | 06:40 PM
knew this was coming, well theres always the other list. i'm sure if you are there, a lot of us will be too (more often) Good Luck!

Old 07-21-2000 | 07:10 PM
Angry

This was a much better site 6-months ago when we could depend on Sal to participate in many of the discussions. Sorry to see a few bone heads run you off.

What web site are you going to re-do? I guess I will need someone else to tell me how to get to our new site.

Old 07-21-2000 | 07:15 PM
Sal;
As a newbie here of 3 months, I've watched the somewhat precarious line you've had to walk between defending your products and blatant advertising. It's not easy for a business to react to personal attacks without resorting to the same tactics. You either become known as a whiner or a braggart. I think you've made the best decision for your situation, and it can only leave your naysayers grasping for situations to attack you.
As any market matures, the performance of the goods tend to reach a plateau, and it is the intangibles that provide the diversity in products. The character of the manufacturer and their reputation is often the deciding factor. You can certain many people on this board have been watching the situation unfold, and your mature, positive approach can only steer more business your way. Good luck, and I'll be watching your site for developments.

LocoSVT

Old 07-21-2000 | 07:21 PM
Hey Sal

Will still be in touch with you, believe you still have the best product out there. Best of luck and Please, look in once and awhile.Where can we keep in touch with your new products? Talk with you later still need your four way chip. Good Luck Dennis

Old 07-21-2000 | 07:44 PM
Sal
Sorry to see you leave the board. We are losing one of the best technical sources we had. Too bad we couldn't get rid of the few jerks that are trying to ruin it for all. Will be looking for you on the NLOC. Thanks

Old 07-21-2000 | 08:00 PM
Sal, I really am stunned, this is a great loss to this board. As one of the early 99 owners (#251), I've been around to witness the time you have taken to be of assistance to me and others. I've probably have the record for the most stupid questions, yet you always took the time to help me & others out, as precious as your time is. I am very appreciative for your help and quality products..
I hope you will continue to post on the NLOC Board in a fair atmosphere.
Jim

Old 07-21-2000 | 08:40 PM
Unhappy

we are all gonna miss u sal, its like we're losing a big piece of the board, but we all need to respect your decision...you take care sal

[This message has been edited by LoCoX LiGhTnInG (edited 07-21-2000).]

Old 07-21-2000 | 09:02 PM
Sal, I hate to see you go. Your straight forward answers and insight were much appreciated by myself and many others on the board. I hope the latest Webmaster post was not the one that broke the camels back. Thank You Sal!

Old 07-21-2000 | 10:10 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Angry

Sal,

WHAT A PI$$ER!!!!

I for one am going to miss your insight, tech knowledge, and straight-on answers.

I can imagine how difficult(or not) this decision must have been to make. You have taking a beating for no reason at all.

It is too bad a select few (_________) made it hell on you and the rest of us.

Hope you don't disappear altogether!!!!

Best regards,

Sir Robert of High Velocity (Speedin Bob)

Old 07-21-2000 | 10:17 PM
Sal,

Having read the board for a few months before finally joining, I've seen the crap you've had to put up with.

Personally, I'll be watching your website, and would like to order a chip for my '01 when it comes in.

Best of luck to you. You'll be missed.

------------------
2001 Red Lightning ordered 7/17/00
And now the waiting game begins....

Old 07-21-2000 | 10:54 PM
Red face

Sal As a new kid on the block, I would like to say you will be sorely missed. I know it must be hard to take the personal attacks that you daily endure. Your insight and straightfoward answers to maybe dumb questions willbe missed. You have always been quick to answer my questions when I IM you. It might be one less headache for you but a great loss for us on the learning curve on are great trucks. I am still waiting in line, for you to catch up, so I can order my chip, whatever the wait. Good Luck. Bruce Fast Gator BlackLightinSVT

Quick Reply: Time for me to go