Lightning

Contemplated trading in the L tonight untill.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006 | 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by netoje
Yeah, I read about the $1,300 gas guzzler fee on MM&FF and couldnt believe it!!! I have no intentions of buying one, but for the sake of others those prices have to come DOWN.
the politicians and damn dirty hippies who passed that fee should be charged with the sperm guzzler fee

Old 09-02-2006 | 03:53 PM
Haha, funny thing is, I JUST came back home from the dealership to test drive a lightning, and I also saw a Shelby. It was Black, with no stripes. Anyways, sticker price was 48k. Then next to the sticker was another sticker saying "Market Adjust value: 79,000" I almost **** my pants when I saw that. They're all a bunch of theives...

Old 09-02-2006 | 04:38 PM
I like the new Shelby but I just can't see a 70,000 price tag for a 40,000 car, for that money your into Z06 territory. The guys that pay that price are paying for being the first on the block with a new model for the rest of us with a more modest life style wait a year the prices will drop. T

Last edited by todd abbott; 09-02-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-02-2006 | 05:03 PM
They won’t be priced at $50k, $60k or $70k for long. Sure for a while they will be because you have some real morons out there that actually believe the Shelby will be a collector’s item worth big money 30 years from now.

Problem is the odds are very high that this Shelby will not be a collector’s item or bring in the kind of money the older Shelby’s did. I’m most likely not correct but I remember reading a while back that there were very few original Shelby’s ever made. I want to say I think that number was under a 1,000 could be off but nonetheless there were no where close to 18,000 plus Shelby’s produced back in the 70’s.

Current plans are on producing 9,000 or so Shelby’s a year for the next two years, from what I have read so let the suckers pay up now and the rest of us can laugh at them 6 months to a year from now when we are paying around sticker plus or minus…

Old 09-02-2006 | 05:22 PM
If I were looking for a car in that price range I would be looking at a Z06. I think it's nuts to pay that kind of money for a Mustang. There are so many cars that perform as well or better for that kind of money.

Maybe Ford will give some killer discounts on the GT500 when the Camaro and Challenger hit the show rooms.

Ford (collectively) should pull their head out of their.......

Old 09-02-2006 | 06:28 PM
For all those interested, Challeger concept http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/04/d...photo-gallery/ heres what I'm thinking 40k all set up to compete with the Camaro and the Shelby, for how long do you think they'll be selling 70k Shelbys then, my bet below MSRP just like the L's and Cobra's were to compete with the newer models or the dealers will be seeing them sit.

Old 09-02-2006 | 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by todd abbott
For all those interested, Challeger concept http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/04/d...photo-gallery/ heres what I'm thinking 40k all set up to compete with the Camaro and the Shelby, for how long do you think they'll be selling 70k Shelbys then, my bet below MSRP just like the L's and Cobra's were to compete with the newer models or the dealers will be seeing them sit.
Let's also take note that there is rumored to be a 500hp 392 (6.3L) Hemi in the Challenger. Isn't there supposed to be a 6.3L engine in the AMG line next year as well... Makes one think. Doesn't it?

How about the LS7 in the Camaro? That would be nice.

Old 09-02-2006 | 08:48 PM
Rare my ***. Ford will produce as many as they can sell. Just wait 1.5 years and they will be selling at 5K below sticker and 0% financing. When the Lightning came out in 99, the dealer was trying to get 5K over sticker. Well I bought one in late 00 and got 4K off and 0% for 48 months. Lol

The suckers paying 40K over invoice will find out in two years that their car is only worth 20K.

Old 09-02-2006 | 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
Let's also take note that there is rumored to be a 500hp 392 (6.3L) Hemi in the Challenger. Isn't there supposed to be a 6.3L engine in the AMG line next year as well... Makes one think. Doesn't it?

How about the LS7 in the Camaro? That would be nice.
Its not a rumor. I live beside a MB dealership and they have 5 models for sale right now. All MB engines are Hemis and the Challenger will get it in 2008 as it will be the new SRT engine.

Old 09-03-2006 | 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
Its not a rumor. I live beside a MB dealership and they have 5 models for sale right now. All MB engines are Hemis and the Challenger will get it in 2008 as it will be the new SRT engine.
Yeah, I know; but, with all the things that have fallen through automotively the past few years, it's a rumor until I see one on a lot.

Old 09-03-2006 | 08:04 AM
I love Ford...but I too have a hard time beliveing what they want for some of these vehicles.

Old 09-03-2006 | 08:45 AM
Local dealer here wouldn't sell me one, he had a bid for 56k and I was willing to top that but, he took it to auction for 62k. They're one bunch of greedy bas***ds ! and they wonder why Toyota is number 2 now! hope they enjoy it now, cause japs are coming hard. P.S. Sal what do you think of the handling between the ZO6 and Shelby ? I know it's 20k more but gotta say it's more stylish.

Last edited by SMOKINTRUCK#1; 09-03-2006 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2006 | 11:01 AM
Old 09-03-2006 | 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by SMOKINTRUCK#1
P.S. Sal what do you think of the handling between the ZO6 and Shelby ? I know it's 20k more but gotta say it's more stylish.
The Z0-6 is in supercar territory. There is simply no comparison. It would be like comparing a focus to a Shelby. The Shelby is a nice street car but its basically a Mustang GT with the new generation Lightning engine which makes it extremely nose heavy. Oh yeah, with stick on stripes...

Its the flavour of the month right now but the dealers are pissing off so many people that will move to other brands.

Just allot of people out there with more money than brains...

Old 09-03-2006 | 12:37 PM
Although it is hard to believe right now,The cars will be selling at or below msrp in about a year. Yes right now dealers are lucky to have 1 car so they are holding out but im sure there are no more people in general to buy one of these cars more than there are to buy lightnings and those even dropped in price.Do you really think when each dealer has 3 or 4 they will be getting these kind of prices?? No. Wait til the new camaro comes out and the hemi challenger, these cars will be just another option to buyers. Right now its really the only affordable priced msrp sports/muscle car .It has no competition.Right now its supply and demand.Also dealers are in the mind frame that they are only getting 1 or two. I would love one for my garage and will own one when they drop in price but i will never i mean never pay more than msrp for a car. For the simple reason that i have never ever seen a vehicle in my life that has actually stayed higher than msrp while new nevermind used.I only have fords in my garage right now, That would be one reason to take this car over the new challenger but to tell you the truth, it might be hard for me to decide which car to buy in a year or so.Car for car, i like the styling of the challenger. Its gonna come down to price i think. I will also keep in mind what ford has done for its enthusiast. NOTHING!!!!

Ford stopped the production of the lightning
Ford has allowed super price gouging in the shelby
Ford now charges for a svt certificate
Ford has horrible warranty policies
Ford just does not care about its enthusiast period. They have always been about the mustang even when its was a curly hair away from being discontinued.They CHOSE to make the shelby instead of Lightnings. I dont ever remember seeing Lightnings just sitting around for 6 months on lots but you see it EVERY DAY with mustang GTs up until this year.
Id also like to mention that they are so sneaky that they have not even produced anough GTs for dealers to sell. You absolutley cannot find any choices on these new cars. Dealers are charging MSRP for 1 year old cars because they didnt make enough.I guess thats the only way ford knows how to make money.
Make too many or make to less, Ford has their heads up their a$$e$

Quick Reply: Contemplated trading in the L tonight untill.........