Lightning

Contemplated trading in the L tonight untill.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006 | 01:33 PM
Wait to the warranty claims start coming in on these things, might dampen plans for production expansion….

Old 09-07-2006 | 04:29 PM
LB- You're right MSRP is what I meant. You nailed the issue on the head. The reason for all this craziness is that Ford opened up distribution to all Ford dealerships. The SVT dealerships, who paid money for the franchise are really ticked off by that. By early 2007, Ford will deal with supply issues and will determine new production numbers. A Ford rep told me that they should be accepting X plans by May 2007.

In the first 6 months of production, the challenge is always to meet demand from the early adopters and build up inventory. The GT-500 has just come out but the winter months will allow Ford to catch up.

It should sell well because its a very nice car. I look forward to the new Challenger with the new 6.3AMG engine. Would make a nice companion to the Lightning.

TB

Old 09-08-2006 | 08:57 PM
The fight over whether they will be worth more later will only be known later on.There is one thing id like to say.Some people keep talking about the limited amount of cars sold on the 60s and seventys.The truth is simple 500 cars then is equal to at least 5000 cars today.The world is a different place today then it was 40 years ago. There are way more people in the world today who can afford such a car to use as a driver. There will also be millions more people in the world 30 years from now then there was when the muscle cars were made. Nobody ever thought then that there barracuda was going to be worth $300k later in time.Lots are though. On the other hand because of all the muscle car hype, there are MANY more people who buy these cars JUST to sit in a garage somewhere for a profit someday.Driving the possible collector value down somewhat.
My opinion is YES these cars will increase in value in time for garage queens.The question is how much??
If a 93 svt lightning with super low miles can fetch $10k over original sticker price then im pretty confident a car as special as the SHELBY GT500 will do the same. Ive been offered 10k over sticker for my 93L but i will not sell. Anybody look and see what the 80s shelby dodges are doing latley? The used to be throw away cars and they are bringing in very very good coin( almost 3/4 of sticker ) for a 30-40k mileage one.

Quick Reply: Contemplated trading in the L tonight untill.........