Lightning

Alarm Systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2000 | 12:02 AM
|
Post Alarm Systems

What kinds of alarms have you guys been using if any? I've been looking for a good one lately with a perimeter sensor so that it yelps a warning if someone gets 2 ft from my L. Been having problems with lookers, getting to close to my truck, rubbing against it with their jeans and the rivets scratching, annoying things like that. I even purposely park a long ways away from other vehicles, but they still come over for a look.
Want to enforce the look but do not touch rule I put on my L.
Cheers

------------------
2000 Lightning (Red)
SHM Chip and Mass Air
SHM Blower Pulley
378.2 @ 5100 HP
445.0 @ 3600 ft-lb (before pulley)
Kill Count = 28 suckers picking rubber off their teeth.
SHM powered - www.seanhylandmotorsport.com

'99 Cobra - SHM engine, Vortech supercharger, and to many other mods that my wife don't know about.

Old 07-26-2000 | 12:12 AM
I know what you mean. The bad thing is when you have a paramter thing people likt to play with it! which will cause more attraction to the vechile. I have the best alarm alpine makes( it has all of the features that the Cliford and Vipers have, and wish i never gotten it. I would of rather gottent he alarm the ford has out. Or even the lowjack alarm that goes right into the factory keyless entery remotes and it is also a noismaker alram too.
Just my opinion

Old 07-26-2000 | 12:27 AM
I've gota a Viper alarm with proximity and air horns...works well...The only other I'd really look at is a DMI alarm.

Daniel

Old 07-26-2000 | 12:43 AM
Hey MOSES

I am a manager at Circuit City so I have the inside scoop.
I purchased the Viper 600ESP.

Great alarm! Make sure that you have them install it so that all of you 12v power and grounds are hooked up inside the vehicle. This way it is more difficult for theives to cut wires to disarm or destroy.

I also purchased the DEI (VIPER) alarm pager.
this is a slim line pager that goes off when the alarm is set off. Works great.

Other additions:
Proximity sensor - not worth much - makes alarms go off all the time for trees and birds. My installers and I have had them and won't anymore

Back up Battery - Nice addition - does just what it say in case someone snips some wires.

Power window modules - allows you to roll your windows up or down from you remote.

Remote start - starts your car from your remote so cool down or warm up the inside
Viper offers an alarm that includes the remote start - the Viper550ESP - It doesn't have a certain feature that the 600 does - has escaped me at the moment - and I didn't care for the remote start.

Hope this helps

Later
SHM_SVT

Old 07-26-2000 | 12:52 AM
Also

Have seen your post before about the Pulley

please email me with your thoughts.
especially install.

Considering all of SHM upgrades not completely sure about the pulley.

shmsvt@cs.com

Thanks

Quick Reply: Alarm Systems